Chick Norris
Boss Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Handicap
Golf
THIS IS A PRESS RELEASE:

CHICAGO,
January 17, 2014 – As a longstanding leader in the design and manufacture of innovative golf technology, Wilson Staff announces its centennial anniversary on the eve of the 2014 PGA Merchandise Show. Wilson has been incorporated as a sporting goods company since 1914, with its golfdivision influencing a century of sport: the invention of the wedge, the first endorsed athlete and 61 consecutive years exhibiting at the PGA Merchandise Show.

In commemeration, Wilson Staff will launch modern renditions of three of the most iconic, timeless products in the history of the golf industry – the Wilson Staff Dynapower irons, the Wilson Staff 8802 putter and the gold-wrapped golf ball.

i-Zg2SHsC-XL.jpg

The FG Tour 100 forged set honors the evolution of the blade with its vintage design attributes. The modernized 3-piece button-back emulates the feature on the 1971 Dynapower button-back blades. A Fluid Feel bore-
through insert paired with a milled face, scorelines and topline provide the ultimate in consistency and feel for the better player.

Vintage triple knurling on the hosel and a long, gold-red-gold ringed ferule add to the blade’s classic features. The forged, 8620 carbon steel and nickel-chrome plating combined with a high polish mirror finish complete the standout design.

The FG Tour 100 possesses tour-proven performance attributes. Six-time Big Ten Coach of the Year and Wilson Staff Advisor Mike Small put a late prototype into play at the 2013 PGA Championship.

Available February 15 in-store and online, the 3-PW, GW set makeup comes stock with a True Temper Dynamic Gold (R300, S300 and X300) shaft and Lamkin Crossline Black grip.

i-3bbJX6w-L.jpg

The new 8802 putter continues the heritage of the original Wilson Staff milled 8802 putter that won multiple major championships by some of the best putters in history.

This classic putter style is often imitated, but never duplicated, and appears in the Wilson Staff 2014 line to further celebrate the brand’s anniversary. With the same elegant, timeless, heel-shafted head shape, the new 8802 is milled from 304 stainless steel for the ultimate in precision, feel and feedback with a double milled facing to be perfectly flat for true roll.

Designed with a modern head weight of 335 grams to work with today’s green speeds and ball construction, the 8802 putter comes stock with an updated stepless, flare tip True Temper Head Speed shaft with old- fashioned flutes as well as a Lamkin 3GEN smooth Pistol grip. The putter and its stylish headcover become available fall 2014.

i-59g7GVB-L.jpg

From the ProStaff, Ultra and Staff Titanium to the current DUO golf balls, Wilson has consistently led the industry in low compression technology.

The current packaging, though, has changed drastically over time as individual gold-foil wrapping from the 1950s no longer exists. Wilson Staff is bringing that style back with the Centennial DUO Pack, available in stores March 2014.

In addition to these three offerings, Wilson Staff is reviving the vintage shield and the Wilson script exclusively in 2014 to celebrate the 61 major victories that the logos help represent. The logos will appear on the 2014 Centennial Pro Tour golf bag, which the brand’s tour staff will sport at tournaments in the first half of the year.

“It’s an honor for me to represent the brand with more majors but it’s also an inspiration for me to add to the total major wins,” explains Kevin Streelman. The tour players want to help celebrate the anniversary and convey the pride of playing for a brand with such a rich history.

i-VqrfhTW-L.jpg

The vintage designs will characterize all tour accessories: headwear, headcovers, caddy towel and umbrella and will make an appearance at the upcoming Waste Management Phoenix Open. The neXus carry golf bag line, which released in
October 2013 will add a centennial model that also features the vintage shield and logo. This will become available March 2014.

“Our main focus this year lies on our robust launch of F-C-D irons and our new FG Tour M3 woods family that will help golfers get custom fit into the right equipment,” explains Tim Clarke, General Manager. “However, there is just too much history to pass through our centennial year without celebrating it. Our tour players are excited about what we are offering, and can’t wait to get the new bags out on tour.”

i-kwXSXpJ-XL.jpg

Very nice! Love the vintage look.

I need those golf balls for the collection! Crazy to think they've been around that long.

Very cool, a set of those blades would be fantastically fun!!

Wow the 100 is very nice! Wilson really opening eyes this year

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm really digging the retro look of that staff bag, and those blades are beautiful.

Yep, those blades are freaking gorgeous.

Wilson blades are always arguably the best looking blades one can buy. No exception here.

That is so cool. Man that staff bag is sweet looking. I like the retro look they're doing. Impressive that they've been around that long and still doing well. Like this a lot.

very classic looking stuff, love it!

Loving the throwback.

Some great stuff there

Cool stuff, Wilson Staff is a true survivor in the golf industry. Oh and BTW, the FG100's and the 8802 putter are FREAKING GORGEOUS.

Wow! love the look.

That is some very classic looking gear and, I think , a very appropriate way to celebrate the anniversary by producing it

I want that head cover! & the Centennial balls! & the Nexus bag! & the FG Tour 100s... I want it all!

How cool would it be if W/S backed a team in the 2015 MC! I think we need too start a campaign to make it happen.

One of the great names in sports. They were once pretty much the king in golf and I remember almost everyone I played with in the early 70's had Wilson clubs. Really great to see them still going while so many from the past failed and faded away.

Such a cool and retro campaign!

This makes me very happy. I love what they are doing.

Love the staff bag, and I'll have to grab a package of the balls, even if they sit on my golf shelf in my closet. Very cool stuff.

And if I have my way, I'll be the owner of some Di11s before the weekend is up :)

Any company sticking around 100 yrs is a HUGE feat. Congratz!

Everything looks really cool. Definitely going to buy a box of those balls...

I want to hit those blades and then hang them on the wall to show off their beauty! I like what they are doing for the century mark and it all looks amazing!

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Beatiful clubs, I would love to get my hands on that 8802 putter!

Back