Nike Method Putter Available NEXT MONTH

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
This is a press release

The new Nike Golf METHOD putter that has generated so much buzz and curiosity, particularly after having been used to win two major championship titles this summer, will be made available to consumers online in limited quantities beginning at 12:01 p.m. EST on Monday, November 2, 2009.

Consumers will be able to get a customized and personalized version of the winning Nike METHOD putter in their hands before its official launch on February 1, 2010, by being among the first limited number to order online at Nikestore.com - Nike's Official Online Store <http://www.nikestore.com/> starting on November 2 until November 30, 2009 (or while the limited quantities are in stock). When ordering, consumers will experience first-class treatment starting with a Nike Concierge from Nike’s World Headquarters in Beaverton, Oregon.

The Nike Concierge will forward each consumer’s individual specifications, including lie angle and putter length to The OVEN, Nike Golf’s R&D facility in Fort Worth, Texas. The Nike OVEN is the location where the clubs are made for all of the Nike Golf athletes on Tour. Each custom putter will be carefully built by the same people who build clubs for the number one player in the world, Tiger Woods, as well as Paul Casey, Stewart Cink, Lucas Glover, Anthony Kim, Justin Leonard and Simon Dyson - all Nike athletes and all ranked within the top 50 in the world.

Here’s what the consumer will get with the special limited edition METHOD putter:

Each putter will be carved with two initials or numerals provided by the consumer.
Each putter will be made to the desired specifications of the consumer, including lie angle and putter length.
The consumer will get special one-on-one attention from Nike’s Concierge including regular communication with a status report on development of their putter.
The custom-made, one-of-a-kind METHOD putter will be shipped in a special box within three-weeks.
The consumer will also receive a certificate signed by Tom Stites, Nike Golf’s Director of Club Creation and the actual club builder at The OVEN, who personally built the putter to the specifications ordered.

The Nike METHOD putter represents the emergence of yet another ground breaking innovation from Nike Golf’s R&D center at The OVEN. The Nike METHOD follows on the same game-changing trail blazed by square drivers and adjustable drivers, which were also created and developed at Nike Golf’s Fort Worth based facility.

Inspired by the philosophy of the “scientific method,” the OVEN’s team of designers and engineers combined steel and polymer in multiple ways before discovering the unique polymetal groove technology. The revolutionary and visibly distinctive polymetal groove technology is influential in generating forward roll almost immediately after impact for the kind of accuracy and consistency that is demanded by Tour professionals. While most traditional steel faced putters start the ball with backspin causing the ball to initially bounce a little higher, the Nike polymetal groove technology starts the ball with forward spin to minimize bounce and keep the putts on line.

Nike athletes Lucas Glover and Stewart Cink both used the METHOD putter to win the 2009 U.S. Open and OPEN Championship, respectively.

Nike Golf’s limited edition Nike METHOD Putters will be available for $499.00 in the 001 (blade model). Five models will be available at golf retail on February 1, 2010. Those models are:

Blades: METHOD 001, METHOD 002, METHOD 003, METHOD 004
Mallet: METHOD 005

Now thats very cool. Im more of a mallet person or Id do it! Still its tempting!

• Admin
Im with you Kevin. Very cool. Many personalized putters out there, but not as many from large OEMs that are limited.

totally cool, so we've got milled faces, inserts, grooves, and now grooved inserts...what's the next poss. putter face technology?

It would be very cool to have a personalized putter like that. And not only that, you'd be getting it before most other people. Look, Im starting to talk myself into it!

• Admin
It would be very cool to have a personalized putter like that. And not only that, you'd be getting it before most other people. Look, Im starting to talk myself into it!

You and me both. This putter has quite the pedigree so far on tour.

You and me both. This putter has quite the pedigree so far on tour.

And you cant argue with tour pedigree! Two major wins already. Hmmm

Crap, I am buying a house and fixing my car these next two months. So far I absolutely love my Kia Ma, but a personalized Nike Method is just so tempting.

What a cool idea by Nike... I can't wait to see these putters in person! I've been wanting to compare the new Nike Method and the new never Compromise NCX Ray Blade...

Crap, I am buying a house and fixing my car these next two months. So far I absolutely love my Kia Ma, but a personalized Nike Method is just so tempting.

Im with you. We are moving in less than 7 days and GG would kill me if I bought one of these, but I so want one it hurts.
:beat-up:

Im with you. We are moving in less than 7 days and GG would kill me if I bought one of these, but I so want one it hurts.
:beat-up:

It is easier to ask forgiveness you know.

Bump!! Todays the day! Did anyone take the not so cheap plunge for one of these bad boys? I REALLY want to but thats a huge number for a style putter I dont normally use!

I am so on the fence it is scary. I want one badly.

Wow sold out already. People are crazy lol. But they made up my mind for me!

They sure did. I even tried to call in a "favor". Totally gone.

I think I might spring for the 005 model when it comes out. I love mallets and if these things roll the ball as well as they appear it may be worth it to give a try.

I guess I shouldnt be suprised. Thats a pretty cool deal. Im a little relieved at the same time lol.

Wow, $499 for a putter you couldn't even try out? That's just crazy!

I was lucky enough to hit the Nike Method putter at the local shop when the Nike rep was there. Nike has definitely taken some great cues from some other manufacturers, {insert Titleist Scotty Cameron here}. Here's a fun fact given by the Nike Rep about Tiger Woods. Apparently, he is huge fan of this new putter, but he has such a long-standing love-affair and win streak with his Scotty that he won't use it. However, he did use it in Canada a few times over the summer and just raved to Nike about it.
The face technology is said to make the ball come off the face so true that it has the smallest distance ratio of "ball skip off putter face" than any other putter on the market. Not to mention the feedback and weighting are superb.
These are the perks of working the books at your local golf shop...insider info haha.

I was lucky enough to hit the Nike Method putter at the local shop when the Nike rep was there. Nike has definitely taken some great cues from some other manufacturers, {insert Titleist Scotty Cameron here}. Here's a fun fact given by the Nike Rep about Tiger Woods. Apparently, he is huge fan of this new putter, but he has such a long-standing love-affair and win streak with his Scotty that he won't use it. However, he did use it in Canada a few times over the summer and just raved to Nike about it.
The face technology is said to make the ball come off the face so true that it has the smallest distance ratio of "ball skip off putter face" than any other putter on the market. Not to mention the feedback and weighting are superb.
These are the perks of working the books at your local golf shop...insider info haha.

That Tiger Woods story is rep talk. The PR and marketing people at Nike say it never happened. This putter sure looks be what Nike is looking for. They have taken some cues from some others, but its not really SC. Oh wait, SC has stolen almost every putter idea that he has come up with.

In fact if you look at his own creations (hello Kombi, etc) they are the worst selling in the SC line.

Back to this topic, these seem to have quite the pedigree, I expect big sales for them on this.

Has anyone heard anymore about this putter or has any members used one since the early release? I'm really looking forward to getting to try one of these when they hit the stores.

$500 for a putter........you guys are in a league I can't even fathom.

No I havent seen or heard anything since the pre-release sale. Id like to try one myself.

Has anyone heard anymore about this putter or has any members used one since the early release? I'm really looking forward to getting to try one of these when they hit the stores.

They come out March 1.

$500 for a putter........you guys are in a league I can't even fathom.

It is not $500. That was just the limited edition pre-sale. They will be around $300.

The press release you posted says Feb 1st?

And I read somewhere msrp was $250.

I want one... :disapointed:

Back