Just bought the Taylormade Burner 09 irons

24monthgolfer

Reaction score
Handicap
I know these have been around for some time now but this was the iron that the Taylormade performace facility recommended for me and I wanted to give it a go. They told me that the R7 irons I have are fine for me but for some reason they were given to me new with an upgraded shaft and a +4 lie. They told me I should have a -4 lie and that this was major problem and something I needed to fix right away. Problem: Neither Roger Dunn or Taylormade would bend them 8 degrees the other way?

This is when I decided to break down and get the new burner irons from Taylormade exactly they way I needed them. They are back ordered until 10-26 but Roger Dunn gave me some loaner clubs to my exact specs since they had them in stock. These irons feel great and I am getting consistant ball flight almost every time I hit them. I was easily hitting my 9-iron at the 150 flag and I did this with 20 balls wondering why I did not upgrade my irons earlier.

If they could have bent my R7s I would likely still have them but in a way I am glad it did not work out. I was hitting my 4-iron to 200 yards without a lot of drama without a tee? I have never been able to hit my 4-iron 200 yards without a tee? I needed a game improvement iron and I found it.

Congrats on the new irons and the fitting.

It looks like you have a nice set of irons and as a whole your set is sweet

I slept in the bed with my irons for the first 2 months I had them to get acquainted with them. It really works! ;) Congrats on being a burner convert!

It looks like you have a nice set of irons and as a whole your set is sweet

Thanks squared! It is a work in progress and I think I am done for the next year; I hope.

I slept in the bed with my irons for the first 2 months I had them to get acquainted with them. It really works! ;) Congrats on being a burner convert!

I am hitting at least 100 balls a day and playing 4 rounds of golf a week until we go on our golf vacation at the end of the month. We are doing 7 rounds of golf in 5 days in Mesquite and St George and I want to bring my A game. I had only been playing 9 months when I went last year and embarrassed myself by missing the ball once or twice and this year should be very different. These are the finest clubs I have ever hit.

Thanks squared! It is a work in progress and I think I am done for the next year; I hope.

I am hitting at least 100 balls a day and playing 4 rounds of golf a week until we go on our golf vacation at the end of the month. We are doing 7 rounds of golf in 5 days in Mesquite and St George and I want to bring my A game. I had only been playing 9 months when I went last year and embarrassed myself by missing the ball once or twice and this year should be very different. These are the finest clubs I have ever hit.

You my friend are currently in the "honeymoon" stages....enjoy it while it lasts, I was the same way with my X-22's, although i'm still hitting the ball better, like anything you will become used to them........

When properly fitted the "honeymoon" period is not always the case.

When properly fitted the "honeymoon" period is not always the case.

I knew i should have had my wife properly fitted ;).....does fitting really have that much of an impact on clubs? Is it really that neccessary?

I knew i should have had my wife properly fitted ;).....does fitting really have that much of an impact on clubs? Is it really that neccessary?

If you ever want to hit the ball straight consistently, it is. I will never buy another set of clubs as long as I live without being fit for them.

Congrats on the new Burners, they are great sticks! Very happy with mine!

Not really the right spot to discuss this one, but to answer your question...YES!!!! Check out our articles on the main page on the Taylormade Performance Labs.

I honestly think this has more to do with the fitting but the clubs and the fitting together changed everything. I am having fun again and the ball flight is a thing of beauty:clapp::clapp::clapp:

Go get fitted and it really helped this high handicapper!!

I honestly think this has more to do with the fitting but the clubs and the fitting together changed everything. I am having fun again and the ball flight is a thing of beauty:clapp::clapp::clapp:

Go get fitted and it really helped this high handicapper!!

From what i'm being told, i guess they can't fit my x22's because they can hardly be altered.....

Are you playing Coyote Springs while out here? I hear it is an amazing course. I haven't made it out there yet.

good stuff, this is something i would like to do in a few months

Back