Callaway Diablo Edge Irons

TC

Keg Thrower
Reaction score
Handicap
I was poking around my local Golf USA today and happened to meet the Callaway rep that services Western North Carolina. We talked extensively about what Callaway's putting out in the next couple of years, and the man had a van full of demo clubs! Got to put my hands on the Diablo Edge Irons (GI & Forged versions). He also had prototype hybrids, fwy woods, and drivers but he only let me hit the irons (i have my shoulders on backwards).

The rep did inform me that the "edge" irons will completely replace the Big Berthas but despite what is said online, they will not replace the X series.

Just thought you might like to know!

Good info. Thanks for sharing.

I was poking around my local Golf USA today and happened to meet the Callaway rep that services Western North Carolina. We talked extensively about what Callaway's putting out in the next couple of years, and the man had a van full of demo clubs! Got to put my hands on the Diablo Edge Irons (GI & Forged versions). He also had prototype hybrids, fwy woods, and drivers but he only let me hit the irons (i have my shoulders on backwards).

The rep did inform me that the "edge" irons will completely replace the Big Berthas but despite what is said online, they will not replace the X series.

Just thought you might like to know!

Did the forged ones look like the Callaway Legacy irons, available in Japan?

legacyforgedsmall.jpg

Bonk-they do look somewhat similar. The design on the cavity is similar in shape, just "diablo" branded, lots of marroon, black, and gold.

Personally, i wasn't a big fan of them in the looks department but contact was sweet!

It's just not what i'd expect, especially since companies like TaylorMade are making super clean, simple design irons like the R9's. Honestly, they were a turn off.

The rep also had a spec odyssey 2 ball putter, with removable weight system. Really slick.

Back