Fourteen Releases Limited Wedge Set

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
This is a press release

FOURTEEN GOLF, recognized worldwide amongst top touring golf professionals as the foremost leading wedge designer and manufacturer, announced today that the company is releasing its highly sought after 2010 professional series of MT-28 T.S. SPEC RT wedges.

The MT-28 T.S. SPEC RT wedges were designed by the engineering team at FOURTEEN GOLF in collaboration with several of the Professional Tours. The goal was to develop a wedge that would be demonstratively better than any other wedge. According to FOURTEEN GOLF COO Marcy Kamoda, "Our philosophy was similar to the famous quote from The Natural, 'Build it and they will come.' And, that is what we did. These wedges attract professional players from all Tours."

Feedback from the Tour was critical to this wedge's design. A "reverse taper" design was implemented to help players execute a solid shot out of any lie. The uniquely shaped head stabilizes the club head at impact even in the thickest and nastiest rough.

For better control, its flat sole has been ground with an aggressive heel and toe relief resulting in our exclusive "twin sole" design. This dynamic feature allows for golfers to open or close the face and still allows the full performance of the sole bounce.

In preparation for the new groove policy on the professional tours such as the PGA and LPGA, the company spent years engineering a new trapezoidal shaped groove for the MT-28 T.S. SPEC RT wedge.

This distinctive sharply-edged trapezoidal groove also undergoes a mirror-face milling process which precisely and carefully mills each groove for optimal spin.

These wedges have a slightly pointy, yet rounded leading edge. The heel portion is higher than normal in order to provide a confident address position. Its head is forged and manufactured in nickel chromed molybdenum copper. An artistic non-plated black finish prevents any bright reflections and provides a handsome and comfortable look to the wedge. Each head includes a serial number.

The exclusive, limited, professional 3 wedge set consists of a 48, 53, and 58 degree MT-28 T.S. SPEC RT wedges. A Dynamic Gold steel shaft and proprietary rubber grips finishes these distinctive series of wedges. Only 2,000 sets will be available. Suggested retail is $699.

FOURTEEN GOLF understands the importance of the short game, this significant portion of the game has created an unprecedented demand on most tours for their signature series of wedges. The company prides itself on the eight titles won this year using their short game arsenal.

FOURTEEN GOLF in Japan established itself in 1981 as a premier golf equipment design company. The highly successful venture developed exclusive designs for Titleist, Yamaha, Srixon (formerly Dunlop Japan), Wilson, PRGR, and many more. The original team was credited with developing the first hybrid iron and the highly popular "Citation" cavity iron by Power Bilt which was one of the most popular irons of the 1980s. In the year 2000, the business transitioned into branded design and manufacturing company.

The name "Fourteen" is based on the fundamental rule of golf which states that the player can carry up to 14 golf clubs in their bag. FOURTEEN GOLF strives to produce the best 14 clubs ever. FOURTEEN GOLF aims to achieve the ultimate in club characteristics which allow golfers to hit shots they didn't think possible. These clubs bring out the strength in a player. Like their "feather" moniker which represent the best scores in golf; a birdie, eagle, and albatross, these clubs will bring out the best scores for any golfer, professional or amateur.

2012390.jpg

Good looking wedges! Since it doesn't specifically state so, these are cast, not forged, correct?

• Admin
Good looking wedges! Since it doesn't specifically state so, these are cast, not forged, correct?

Not always the case. I am not sure on this line but will know soon. Fourteen has said that 2010 they will be making both types. I wont get into it here, but do keep in mind that they two most used wedges in the world are cast in Cleveland and Titleist Vokey, and in our wedge shoot out, a cast wedge was picked the winner as well. And the number one irons in the US are cast.

I don't have a preference either way between cast and forged, but to be fair, I've only ever hit cast clubs and wedges. I know that Fourteen has a big following in Japan, where it seems forged clubs are preferred for some reason, but the absence of it being mentioned in the press release had me wondering.

• Admin
I don't have a preference either way between cast and forged, but to be fair, I've only ever hit cast clubs and wedges. I know that Fourteen has a big following in Japan, where it seems forged clubs are preferred for some reason, but the absence of it being mentioned in the press release had me wondering.

Gotcha. We will have this model very soon.

I had never heard of these before. I dont remember if they were were in the wedge shoot-out. Anyone play them?

• Admin
They were not Keith.

Nice looking wedges but I take 1 issue with the article~

"According to FOURTEEN GOLF COO Marcy Kamoda, "Our philosophy was similar to the famous quote from The Natural, 'Build it and they will come.' And, that is what we did."

That is a quote from Field of Dreams. Get your Baseball Movies right lady!! :alien2:

Good catch Drater! Looking forward to the review on these JB.

Back