Winston's Halloween Costume

julie_m

EveryoneLovesACallyGirl
Reaction score
OK, I know it's shameless, but he looks so good! :pumpkin:

To answer questions: almost 6 months old, and yes, a pug. The costume is assembled from different pieces...the clubs are actually a pen set.

winstonhalloween.jpg

Last edited:
Absolutely adorable. My baby girl (dog) wont be getting dressed up, but if I could get her in that costume she would wear it and like it...

He doesn't hate it, but he's definitely a little unsure about it!

Here is a bad picture of my little girl.

Here is a bad picture of my little girl.

What kind of dog is that? Looks like a Chihuahua/German Shepard mix!
(I don't mean that in a bad way. I've just never seen that breed before.)

Its called a swedish vallhund. And it does look exactly like a Chihuahua/Shepard. Its like a German Shepard shrunk down to 24 lbs with big ears. She was an abused dog we rescued at 10 months. She has been with me 4 years now. She is my angel.

Its called a swedish vallhund. And it does look exactly like a Chihuahua/Shepard. Its like a German Shepard shrunk down to 24 lbs with big ears. She was an abused dog we rescued at 10 months. She has been with me 4 years now. She is my angel.

Looks like a herding dog. Maybe?

swedish_vallhund.jpg

My buddy (RIP - 3 years now) was rescued from the street:
KonaHike4.jpg

You know how some dogs think they are people?

My dog knew he was a dog. He just thought I was a dog too.

So has this become the show pics of your dog(s) thread? I'll have to get on that tomorrow! After golf at 2:00.

Good lookin dogs, all of you! But then again, aren't they all?

Yeah, vallhunds are descendents of the corgies. They were to herd sheep. And she does that with all of her toys. And of course our pet sheep as well.

Were trying to find a clown costume for my Basset, but the ones we found were not long enough. A skunk would be cool too.

Here she is as a puppy
IMG_0629.jpg

And here she is now.
lulutahoe.jpg

Here is our dog Madi (she answers to Stinky) chillin in my Bronc, she loves a good car trip.

9121jasonrodgers2.jpg

Our babies, apart and together

Our babies, apart and together

Here are our furbabies! Both are mutts we got from shelters. He's five, she's almost 3. He's the alpha but she rules the roost (or thinks she does). Four pics - - overkill yeah but whatever!

Bandit and Tara:
picture.php

Bandit:
picture.php

Tara Mae:
picture.php

They have their own pool:
picture.php

My dog knew he was a dog. He just thought I was a dog too.

Well, you are! But that was too easy.

No dog here, sorry. But not for lack of begging. Not fair for a dog to be home alone all day. To which my kid's immediate response was, "Well, then let's get two!"

We have someone that walks the dog for us each day. Always a thought.

At 6:30 am, in the sleet? I've paid for kiddie daycare for years. Can't see paying for doggie daycare now.

We don't have a dog walker. But we have a doggie door. Through the wall . . . and through the cabinet (my brother in law built this during our remodel):

From the dining room:
picture.php

Outside on the deck:
picture.php

We have a couple of spoiled dogs! But a doggie door sure does simplify potty training!

P.S. Thanks Josh for having a spot for photos on this site!

Hacker is in charge of the tech stuff. He gets the cred.

Julie, we kind of hijacked this thread...Apologies.

That doggie door is awesome. That gives me some good ideas.

Where are you from Gasman?

My wife actually had seen this in a lot of homes in the Bay Area. I'm assuming "The Valley" is California. It has double doors on the outside wall and double doors where the cabinet doors would be. And about 2 feet of dead air space between them. No wind drafts.

Well, today was the contest...

pugfest1.jpg

His turn in the costume parade, everyone went "awwww!"

pugkin2.jpg

This is when if falls apart. His hat falls off, clubs fall out.

pugkin3.jpg

Pulled back together.

PUGKIN4.jpg

Photo op!

as a dog lover I must say, very cute

Where are you from Gasman?

My wife actually had seen this in a lot of homes in the Bay Area. I'm assuming "The Valley" is California. It has double doors on the outside wall and double doors where the cabinet doors would be. And about 2 feet of dead air space between them. No wind drafts.

Im in Los Angeles, I dont think I would do it to the outside because of the coyotes and my house has been broken into before so that would make it easier. But I was thinking about doing one from the garage to the outside, that way she can be inside when im at work. Im going to try and re-do my garage before next summer.

Aaaawwww

Aaaawwww

Julie, me too!

Hey Julie (or, as you love so much) Llulie! Your head got cut off in your picture! Just in case that was a mistake! :silly:

So did Winston win anything? He looked pretty "golfish!"

Last edited:
Hey Julie (or, as you love so much) Llulie! Your head got cut off in your picture! Just in case that was a mistake! :silly:

So did Winston win anything? He lookd pretty "golfish!"

Haha, no, that's not a mistake. Sorry, trimmed it for the board.

Winston didn't win anything. RIGGED!

Back