Review/Thoughts on New SeeMore Si2w Putter

SeeMoreGuy

They Make 'em. I Buy 'em.
Reaction score
I was able to get in my first round with my new Si2w today. Here are my thoughts on the putter:

Feel: Outstanding. The roll off the insert is incredible and a light click when struck center of putter. I hit a couple off the toe and it gave me some pretty good feedback. Despite hitting off the toe, the ball still had a good bit of roll which was good because it still went close the same distance I was trying for. The whistle shaft game me some really nice lag which I didnt get from my other putters; them being center shafted. This is of course a different fell than my milled SeeMores but quite responsive throughout the swing.

Weight: Outstanding. I could feel the putter head on back and forth swings. A bit more weight would not be bad thing (for me at least and this is personal preference only). On longer putts I was able to get adjusted to the weight after only a few practice putts. The weight of the whistle shaft was matched very well with the weight of the putter shaft.

Visually: Outstanding. It was a sunny day and not once did I have an issue with glare from the finish of the putter. I have had this become an issue on other putters. The choice of finish was great. The muted bronze (that what I call it anyway) was pleasing to look at while lining up the putt and no issue with reflective light. My playing partners commented on how they like they liked the finish and color chosen. The SeeMore emblem on the putter head looks very nice as well with black background.

Grip: Very good. This is taking a bit of getting used to. I had gotten used to the wider grip on my other SeeMores. I love the softness and tackiness of the grip and the color scheme/graphics are outstanding. I noticed myself adjusting my hands several times because the grip is much more narrower and that has caused my fumbling, but believe once I adjust to it, it will be just as great as the putter is.

Results: In todays round I putted for about 15 minutes just to get warmed up. On the front nine I mostly 2-putted, had one 3-putt and one 1-putt. One the back nine I had mostly 2-putts; until the last four holes in which I went par, par, birdie, par and one-putted each of those holes, comning in at 14-putts for the back nine. Trust me, that is a great putting sequence FOR ME. That part of my card really look good. I am sure it was largely due to me getting more comfortable with the new SeeMore. I felt very confident with the stick.

Overall: I have to rate this putter as OUTSTANDING. It is everyting I believe most golfers need in a putter. It is giving my SeeMore mfgp a run for the money. I still prefer the feel of the milled versions, but I can see this one becoming a very close second.

Great job SeeMore!!

Outstanding review Keith.

Nice review Keith! I was reading that and feeling much the same way about my new M8 today. I was very happy with it even with poor green conditions.

Nice review Keith. Thanks.

Sounds like another winner from SeeMore!!

Good stuff Keith. I really want to try one of these, badly.

I'm with you on the whistle shaft, the lag experience has been nice.

Back