Jan Craig Unboxing

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Here is what they sent over to profile

438645271_uF99D-L.jpg

I love headcovers like this. All my woods and hybrids have these type of headcover, my driver has a U of O Duck on it :D. I got mine from Rocket Tour, they are a little less expensive, but just as great. The one thing that I like about Jan Craig over Rocket Tour is that with the Jan Craig's you can full customize the colors and have numbers on it.

I have to ask there Josh, how do you honestly do reviews on these. I mean, no disrespect to the company at all, but there can't be much to say about them can there?

I am just curious about this.

I have to ask there Josh, how do you honestly do reviews on these. I mean, no disrespect to the company at all, but there can't be much to say about them can there?

Actually, I've seen several different brands of knitted covers, and the difference is quality. Some are complete crap, and you can tell that they won't last, or that they won't stay stretchy, or they just look cheap.

Jan Craigs are not cheap, so in a review, I would concentrate on how long they are likely to last, whether the yarn looked nice, whether there are any flaws in the knitting, etc. Sort of the same analysis that you would do for clothing. Because, on the surface, it looks like clothing reviews would just be "does the reviewer's subjective opinion about the style like or dislike the clothing?" And people can judge for themselves about that from a photo. But there is more to it.

these are nice, I wouldnt have chosen the color schemes above but regardless their quality and craftsmanship are top notch. NOT cheap...

I went with rocket tours, not entirely sure why but they are also a high quality product. I love how Craig, at least on the drivers, uses some massive pom poms!

• Admin

Actually, I've seen several different brands of knitted covers, and the difference is quality. Some are complete crap, and you can tell that they won't last, or that they won't stay stretchy, or they just look cheap.

Jan Craigs are not cheap, so in a review, I would concentrate on how long they are likely to last, whether the yarn looked nice, whether there are any flaws in the knitting, etc. Sort of the same analysis that you would do for clothing. Because, on the surface, it looks like clothing reviews would just be "does the reviewer's subjective opinion about the style like or dislike the clothing?" And people can judge for themselves about that from a photo. But there is more to it.

Sometimes withe reviews like these they are more of a company profile and our opinion rather than a review. The quality of these are unbelievable and we will get some info on the company, but it will not be a long one.

Sometimes withe reviews like these they are more of a company profile and our opinion rather than a review. The quality of these are unbelievable and we will get some info on the company, but it will not be a long one.

they often serve as an introduction for many to the company... everyone knows of these or remembers that vintage look but connecting a product to an actual brand name is not the easiest thing... thats why these are great

some beautiful Jan Craig headcovers, review to come soon!

DSC_0120.jpg

3185744584_a1d5f016c8_b.jpg

Jan C versus Rocket T. I am buying a set of one or the other. Reminds of when I first started playing in mid 50's. I have been seriously looking.

Quality and resistance to abuse will be key.

Jan C versus Rocket T. I am buying a set of one or the other. Reminds of when I first started playing in mid 50's. I have been seriously looking.

I own both... major differences. More in the review...

DSC_0193.jpg

3185744584_a1d5f016c8_b.jpg

DD: a couple things -- first, great quality photos! Second, those are old school, and I like it. Third, the nice thing about knit headcovers, when you have snow in the same photo as your golf bag, is that you can use them as hand warmers, too!

DD: a couple things -- first, great quality photos! Second, those are old school, and I like it. Third, the nice thing about knit headcovers, when you have snow in the same photo as your golf bag, is that you can use them as hand warmers, too!

Thanks WSE...
(1) making an investment in a digital SLR was a great thing!
(2) I love the old school look of these headcovers, I have various types ranging from super quality like the Jan Craig covers to cheap things I found at Building 19 (new england cheapo depot store - bunch of cheap crap)
(3) it was 18 degree's today... I went to the range in just a polo shirt! I am warrior

how about these for old school... straight out of the early 80's! A buck a pop!

DSC_0127.jpg

Hey JRR,

The review will be up soon but I wanted to post a few pictures that I took and some pro's and cons to both.

DSC_0158.jpg

DSC_0159.jpg

In these pictures I have tried to capture some detail shots of both covers. The orange is a Rocket Tour and the purple a Jan Craig. As you can see the difference in material is apparent. The Craig is a 100% wool product, and is hand knit and very, very high quality. Rocket Tours are a great cover at 29.99 but they are acrylic and made in china. I am personally a fan of their hybrid skinny stick but when it comes to the pom driver and fairway cover Craig covers are just a better quality product. They are expensive but worth every penny for me considering the quality.

You can also see seams in the RT and my driver cover (a nice vibrant orange pom) is starting to pull. I feel that after a full season in the bag there may be tears... especially considering a few areas of concern after only bringing these to the driving range.

DD
Thanks for the heads up. The shot is awesome and the quality difference shows. 40% less sounds nice until you have to replace them every two years. Looking forward to the review.

JRR

Back