Who are the Swing Coaches for Tour Players

Harry Longshanks

ILikeBigPutts&ICannotLie
Reaction score
I am a devourer of trivial information, and today I was wondering who the tour players use as their swing coaches. Some, like Hank Haney for Tiger and Butch Harmon for Phil, are easy. Others, I have no idea.

Maybe we could figure out the Top 25, then go from there.
Tiger Woods - Hank Haney
Sergio Garcia - Victor Garcia
Phil Mickelson - Butch Harmon
Padraig Harrington - Bob Torrance
Vijay Singh - none
Robert Karlsson -
Camilo Villegas -
Henrik Stenson - Peter Cowen
Ernie Els - Butch Harmon
Lee Westwood - None/Mark Roe (short game)
Geoff Ogilvy -
Anthony Kim - Adam Schriber
Jim Furyk - Mike Furyk
Steve Stricker -
Stewart Cink -
Kenny Perry - Matt Killen
Adam Scott - Butch Harmon
K.J. Choi - Steve Bann
Justin Rose - David Leadbetter
Trevor Immelman -
Miguel A Jimenez -
Mike Weir - Bennett/Plummer ?
Justin Leonard - Randy Smith
Ben Curtis -
Ian Poulter -
Or, ya' know, I could tilt at this particular windmill all by my lonesome.

Last edited by a moderator:
KJ Choi = Steve Bann. I think Adam Scott = Butch Harmon. I don't know about Ogilvy.

KJ Choi = Steve Bann. I think Adam Scott = Butch Harmon. I don't know about Ogilvie.

Thank you kind sir. Added to the list in post #1 (which is what I will do any time someone fills in a gap.)

Yes... Els switched from Leadbetter to Harmon this past year.

I think Kenny Perry is Matt Killen

Sergio's Dad is his coach

I knew Victor Garcia was for a long time, but I couldn't find anything (since 2005) confirming that he still is. I'll add him unless/until we find contrary information though.

I knew Victor Garcia was for a long time, but I couldn't find anything (since 2005) confirming that he still is. I'll add him if/until we find contrary information though.

I remember an interview around ryder cup time where he refered to working with his dad.

That is amazing, I just wonder how Perry found out about the kid.

According to Killen's website, he played golf with Perry's son in high school. Perry coached both his son and Killen. Then Perry started asked Killen to review his (Perry's) swing video's, and when he started doing that, Perry's game kept getting better and better.

found this:

The world's top-ranked player is famous for his relentless practice. Vijay Singh is often seen on the range after a round, working on his swing well past dark. Unlike most pros -- but, as a matter of fact, a lot like you -- Singh has no swing coach on the payroll.

found this

The world's top-ranked player is famous for his relentless practice. Vijay Singh is often seen on the range after a round, working on his swing well past dark. :

NVM, I know a local teaching pro who did some work in Fiji at few years ago which included being on the same range as Vijay. He said that Vijay was very laid back when practising; eg. hit one, have a look around, hit another, have a chat to someone nearby, hit one, have a look around (etc).

Perhaps that is why his range sessions are long. (To be fair, the observation behind this story would've been about 10 or so years ago.)

WSE,
I think that is correct. He also uses Dr. Paul Hurrion for his putting.

JB ... Yup, beat me to it!

We will be having a sitdown meeting with him at the PGA show, so it dawned on me.

We will be having a sitdown meeting with him at the PGA show, so it dawned on me.

Bring your putter -- maybe you can get a free lesson out of the deal!

He is with GEL putters now, so thankfully they will be able to get me in mine at the show. I just switched to it in the last couple of rounds and absolutely love it. However I really like the Seemore too.

i used to take lessons from him until he moved to bowling green

Dude, give us the scoop!

Even if he's only as good as an average PGA Professional, that's still amazing at his age.

Back