JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
SO it was really foggy this morning when we teed off at 7:15. Here are a couple of photos. Thank goodness for GPS to give us the distances to both the pin and the hazzards. It worked out great. Although my score was not.

439894396_2W44g-L.jpg

439894317_omA2s-L.jpg

439894465_87bti-L.jpg

I've never flown the driver by instrument approach rules. Hillarious. I'd lose too many balls to count.

• Admin
WSE,
because we play this course so often (membership), We kind of know where to play it off the tee. Suprisingly enough I only lost 1 ball the entire round. But it was different, that is for sure.

did that a few months ago for the first 3 or 4 holes. was fun playing blind,made us really think about the shots.

jpwaiting1-300x225.jpg

when that happens and i play my home course im fine, otherwise that can really screw you up especially with all the woods and hills up here

I've only played in the fog once bofore, I quite enjoyed it while it lasted; nice and cool. Luckily for my score though, it had burned off by the fourth and was never as severe as yours, JB.

I know a fair amount about this. :roll:

You know the famous line "the morning fog may fill the air"? Not fun to play in here - either on our munis or private courses. Mostly because the fairways are typically lined with eucalyptus trees, and when those babies get wet, they drop a "delightful" mixture of wet, gummy sap and dust. Yuck!

the fairways are typically lined with eucalyptus trees, and when those babies get wet, they drop a "delightful" mixture of wet, gummy sap and dust. Yuck!

Just love your way with words Ricey! :D

That looks like pretty thick fog, I played one round this year in fog for about the first 5 holes. It wasn't too bad, I was on my home course so no surprises hidden in the pea soup. The best part is the retired guys were all hanging around the clubhouse waiting for it to burn off so I had the course to myself.

Back