marto97

Reaction score
Handicap
I would like to know if anyone is using the new Sonocaddie V300. I’m curious as to what you think of it. What do you like about it and do you have any dislikes about it. What is the display like? Does it take much time to enter your scores?
I’m a guy that likes to keep track of my stats, this unit has that capability. Is it worth the money or should I just stick with my golfer’s handbook? I’d like to hear what everyone has to say about it good or bad. Thanks in advance.

I use a Skycaddie but believe the UPRO is the best one out there. Plus the UPRO will be able to do all of that come February when their software upgrade is released. I think you reviewed a bunch of them on your website didnt you? Atleast IIRC you had some reviews on them. They are all going to work similarly. I preferred the extra features of the UPRO to the one I have as well.

I love the uPro, and I wasn't aware they have updates coming, wow, that will be extra cool.

I would like to know if anyone is using the new Sonocaddie V300. I’m curious as to what you think of it. What do you like about it and do you have any dislikes about it. What is the display like? Does it take much time to enter your scores?
I’m a guy that likes to keep track of my stats, this unit has that capability. Is it worth the money or should I just stick with my golfer’s handbook? I’d like to hear what everyone has to say about it good or bad. Thanks in advance.

I bought the V300 - nice unit - built very solid - but was just too bulky for me to carry. Entering scores was not that hard from what I remember.
Hole layouts were good (you show up as red flashing man) - overall was a nice unit. Has a tracking feature - tracks where you are every couple seconds & then you can review - was funny to see my path around the course (looked like drunk sailor) but not sure what use it really is for me. I sold it - now have 3: Guru (greyscale) Upro (color), &
an Igolf (I dropped it and now has line down middle of screen)

I need to get on the GPS bus before my season starts... planning on playing a lot of tournament golf and this will only help as I will be seeing more and more new courses

with your skills Dan, you should research the difference between mapping from the air versus mapping from the ground. most companies don't have the manpower to manually map a golf course, which is much more accurate(obviously). for most of us, 5-7 yards may not matter, but even so, its nice to know the more accurate distance. an analogy would be would you prefer something handmade or something mass produced?

features and gizmos are nice addons, but accuracy should be the #1 factor.

with your skills Dan, you should research the difference between mapping from the air versus mapping from the ground. most companies don't have the manpower to manually map a golf course, which is much more accurate(obviously). for most of us, 5-7 yards may not matter, but even so, its nice to know the more accurate distance. an analogy would be would you prefer something handmade or something mass produced?

features and gizmos are nice addons, but accuracy should be the #1 factor.

I have been going back and forth between a rangefinder and a GPS unit... I never even considered researching that! 5-7 yards can make a massive difference for me!

Most GPS units are mapped in the air except Skycaddie. But I have been told by many including SKycaddie people just last week, that air mapping is normally less than 2 yards difference if that.

Back