Hit a few irons today

bogeyme

The Golf GODS hate me
Reaction score
Handicap
High
Well I had the day off of work today. So I decided today would be as good of a day as any to go and hit a few irons that I'm looking at to see which ones I like. I took my 5 iron with me so I could hit it along side the others.

I grabbed the 5 iron off out of the Callaway x-20, Callaway x-22, and Ping G2 sets. I didn't care for the G2. It felt like it was a little heavier than the other clubs. I liked the 20's and 22's.

I was upset to find out that Golfsmith doesn't carry in stock the Nickent 4DX CB irons. They had the 3DX irons. So I wasn't able to hit those to see if I like them or not. They also didn't have any of the ARC wedges. :angry:

Talking with one of the sales guys he told me that I can buy the 4DX irons from on line and they would qualify for the 90/90 guarantee. So I can spend $600 on the clubs, not like them because I didn't get to hit them first, and then return them and only get 90% of my money back in a store credit. I'm not so sure I like that. The salesman also told me that only stores on the West Coast, and south have the irons in stock to hit at the store. I'm not sure made that decision but I don't like it.

Anyone have any information on two Nickent shafts. The V2 and the SR3. What is the difference in the shafts? I was looking at the available hybrids for sale and a few of them had the V2 shaft and a few had the SR3 shaft. They also had the 3 wood with both of these shaft options.

Many stores around the country have their irons ins tock, just not a ton of Golfsmiths. You can call Nickent and they will tell you exactly where you can hit the clubs in your area if they are available.

As for the shafts, the V2 is a great shaft that many are falling in love with all over the place. The SR3 is another shaft made for them and it is similar to the V2 but has a little more play in the tip IMHO.

Many stores around the country have their irons ins tock, just not a ton of Golfsmiths. You can call Nickent and they will tell you exactly where you can hit the clubs in your area if they are available.

As for the shafts, the V2 is a great shaft that many are falling in love with all over the place. The SR3 is another shaft made for them and it is similar to the V2 but has a little more play in the tip IMHO.

I was going to call Nickent and find out if they are going to be doing any demo days around here. I realize that they most likely won't do anything until April or May around here but it would be nice to know. I'll call and see if they know of any stores that have them in stock.

I called Dick's and Golf Galaxy. GG doesn't carry them and Dick's doesn't have the set in store but they have the individual hybrids. The bad part is there are very few golf shops around me. Most of them are 30 miles ore more away from me.

Thanks for the info on those shafts. I guess I'll have to hit both and see which ones I like more. The 4DX combo set comes with the SR3 shafts in the hybrids.

**Edit: Just called Nickent and they are closed until Monday morning for the holiday. I'll call back next week and see what they say.

Back