JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
What are your thoughts on them? If you play one why? If you do not why?

I've tried the Sasquatch Sumo and the Ft-I, both for me give a loss in distance, but lots of forgiveness. I'd rather have the distance.

i'd pass anyday, don't like them at all. The feel is so weird to boot a 3/10

I havent even swung one, but I've been meaning to demo a couple just to see. Is Harry's Sumo square? I recall that he once posted about demo'ing a ton of clubs and liking that one best. For me, I'd gladly sacrifice a bit more distance if it guaranteed me better accuracy. In short, I'm really interested in hearing about people's real world experiences about it here.

I havent even swung one, but I've been meaning to demo a couple just to see. Is Harry's Sumo square? I recall that he once posted about demo'ing a ton of clubs and liking that one best. For me, I'd gladly sacrifice a bit more distance if it guaranteed me better accuracy. In short, I'm really interested in hearing about people's real world experiences about it here.

Nope. Mine's the regular SuMo. I didn't care for the SuMo² or the Callaway FT-i.

i carry both in my bag. my reshafted FT-i is long, the SuMo² more accurate. if i come up to a big wide fairway,Callaway. if i play a narrow long par 4 where i need at least 250-260 yards to get a decent approach shot,Nike.

Image68.jpg

nice clubs, just still i like the regular look the square just isn't for me, i've tried and disliked way to much to give it a second chance

I've never demo'd a club in my life (I know, I know) ... so I haven't had the opportunity. I probably should,though. I'd sacrifice distance for accuracy at this stage for sure and I don't have too much pride to swing one.

I like the drivers, the FT-IQ felt pretty good at the range. My issue is with the square fairway woods, they just dont feel right looking down at them.

I've never demo'd a club in my life (I know, I know) ... so I haven't had the opportunity. I probably should,though. I'd sacrifice distance for accuracy at this stage for sure and I don't have too much pride to swing one.

Demoing clubs is one of the greatest things in golf when it comes to staging up your clubs or just going for the sake of "it's time for new ones" Lets you figure out whats best for you so you don't have to do returns or get stuck with the wrong clubs!

demoing is the only way to go, but how many people think demoing is hitting balls into a screen with a piece of duct tape on the face of the club?

demoing is the only way to go, but how many people think demoing is hitting balls into a screen with a piece of duct tape on the face of the club?

The screen isn't accurate on distance, but i believe the accuracy on your ball direction is close to make a good judgement. It at least enables you to get a feel of how the clubs is and acts with your swing. Weighting on a club effects me lots, as well as how the clubs connects with ball. Have to say though doing the proper demo on a real range is much better!

have you seen this feature @ Golftown?

http://golftown.golfclubdemo.com/

(click on a bag)

That's a very cool idea, but it gets expensive fast! To compare two demo drivers would cost you $60. That is applied to your purchase if you make it through them, but it's still a pretty solid commitment. It is nice to be able to spend 5 days with the clubs though. If you've narrowed it down to 1 or 2 choices, it could make sense.

its a sweet deal they do for that, but it is expensive.

I feel the tape is a crappy idea. I don't get any feel from the driver when they put that stuff on. Too bad they have to. And you don't actually get the real sound of the driver either.

i just cant stand over a square driver and feel confident that i will get the boring 280 yard drive that i get with my traditionally shaped driver. i mean i have hit them and there's not a huge difference in feel or a like a night and day difference in forgiveness in my opinion.

Last edited:
i just cant stand over a square driver and feel confident that i will get the boring 280 yard drive that i get with my traditionally shaped driver. i mean i have hit them and there's not a huge difference in feel or a like a night and day difference in forgiveness in my opinion. i dont need that forgiveness either

Oh, just rub it in!

I'll be demoing some square drivers this spring, I don't have any preference when it comes to the look of a club. If it works for me, I'll play it.

i just cant stand over a square driver and feel confident that i will get the boring 280 yard drive that i get with my traditionally shaped driver.

I'd hardly call a 280 yard drive "boring".

See what I did there?

I have a hard time controlling my trajectory... straight sounds great but I want to work my ball on every shot

I have a hard time controlling my trajectory... straight sounds great but I want to work my ball on every shot

Seriously, you guys just make it too easy sometimes.

i just cant stand over a square driver and feel confident that i will get the boring 280 yard drive that i get with my traditionally shaped driver. i mean i have hit them and there's not a huge difference in feel or a like a night and day difference in forgiveness in my opinion. i dont need that forgiveness either

The only two times I ever connected to get anything like that, one headed at about an 80 degree angle towards I-70 at Sunflower Hills (Hole 12, I think)and the other was on #1 at the National (it was called something else back in 1992) and it was still rising when it cleared to tops of the first of the trees over 200 yards way off the left rough. Never found either one.

They are so ugly... my brain will not allow me to pick one up and actually swing it.

280 is a nice drive distance, thats about 10 yards past my avg hit... but my best hit last year with no wind help was 333 over water, Dent can vouch for me!

Back