Golf Magazine vs Golf Digest

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
I must say that the new issue of Golf Magazine arrived today and it vastly surpassed the reading in GD this month. IMHO it has for about an entire year. I think both magazines lack serious coverage and do not have enough to keep people interested for the most part on a monthly basis, but GM has been much better.

What is your choice and why?

Golf Magazine has, in my opinion, been the better magazine for years. I'm talking way back to the '80s. I've subscribed to both, at different times and sometimes at the same time, and always kept going back to GM. I haven't subscribed to either in years, but still see both of them whenever I am in waiting rooms.

I like GM better... if for only the reason that I didnt get my Golf Digest this month.

Golf magizine takes the show for me, just an obvious choice. I always find it a more interesting read. Maybe im not giving GD a chance, but w.e if you like it why change right:p

• Admin
I get both and have for years, but its not even close for me right now.

I get both, but I prefer GM a bit more. GD seems like a giant ad.

Me too.

I get both care of some really cheap eBay subscriptions. I used to think GD was the better magazine and website. But starting about a year ago, GM starting changing its format and focus. Now I prefer GM.

However, both magazines leave a lot to be desired. Before Conde Nast pulled the plug on it, I thought Golf for Women was better than either GD or GM. They are the same thing every month, and every year. There is something wrong when the "What's In the Bag" page is the most interesting article in the magazine.

My favorite Golf mag is still Golf Punk. It is more stylish, has a better sense of humor, has real club testing, and covers things that the other golf mags don't like cars and clothes. It's like a very tame golf version of Maxim. But finding it is still hit-or-miss (it's a British publication) and even when you can, $11-12 per issue is really hard to swallow.

Last edited:
I subscribe to Golf Digest and Ive got a free subscription to Golf Magazine through an Ebay purchase and I like GD better.
I find the articles to be more well-written, the reviews to be more in-depth and more explained and just the overall content to be better.

I just got my first issue of my new subscrption to Golf Magazine! It was a Christmas present that I am just now receiving!

Golf Magazine gets my vote, I subscribe to it. I only buy Golf Digest off the shelf if it catches my interest, it's a bit add heavy from my perception.

Is it just me or have the last few issues been really bad of both these publications? The last Golf Magazine, I read and by the time I was done I kept asking myself, is this what a golf magazine is supposed to be?

They both stink, only thing good about them is pics of new equipment. I prefer Golf World which is a weekly magazine.

GM and GOlfWeek.

Personally I rate them equal.They both are good reading material in the crapper..or doctors/dentist waiting room

Does anyone else wonder why Golf Magazine puts its "Private Lessons" (i.e. tips) section on regular paper instead of magazine paper?

Not good or bad, just intriguing.

I used to like Golf Digest better, but have found myself enjoying Golf Magazine more in recent years. I don't subscribe to either at the moment, I just buy them at the store when they catch my eye and look interesting.

Back