Standard Surfside Finished Putters

SunsetBeachGolf

Truly Custom Putters
Reaction score
Handicap
GHIN 1.5
Here is a finished Surfside Center shaft done in our Torch finish with an extra wide sightline as requested.

000_0049.jpg

000_0050.jpg

000_0051.jpg

000_0052.jpg

000_0053.jpg

000_0054.jpg

Gorgeous, Chris. Don't like the wide sight-line myself, but you've got make 'em how they order 'em!

Gorgeous, Chris. Don't like the wide sight-line myself, but you've got make 'em how they order 'em!

Thank you. You are right, I make them how you order them, I have done double sightlines, no sightline, single sightline, just about everything.

Finished pics of a Surfside with a bead blasted nickel finish and plumber's neck hosel.

CJ1.jpg

CJ2.jpg

CJ3.jpg

CJ4.jpg

CJ5.jpg

CJ6.jpg

Looks good. I aggree about the wide sightline, but the rest is cool.
What color/finish options are there? Would a deep black oxide be possible?

Looks good. I aggree about the wide sightline, but the rest is cool.
What color/finish options are there? Would a deep black oxide be possible?

Black Oxide is not possible. For one reason and one reason only. It does not hold up over time and your putter will rust. We have a deep dark black polymer that will seal the putter(no rust) and not change the feel. We refinish more carbon steel black oxide putters(because of rust) than we can shake a stick at.

We have the following colors(currently) in polymer.
Black
Gray
Chocolate
Brushed Stainless

We are toying with an annodized blue and red color and we have many others as well.

oooh, chocolate! Have some good pics of that color?

That is gorgeous. Scooter, that would look good in your hands.

black polymer finish with a santa fe style neck

000_0005-1.jpg

000_0006-1.jpg

000_0008-1.jpg

000_0009-1.jpg

000_0007.jpg

Very nice, though I haven't seen it it person I like that "matte" black finish much better than the black oxide finish I had applied to one of my Camerons.

Very nice, though I haven't seen it it person I like that "matte" black finish much better than the black oxide finish I had applied to one of my Camerons.

Plus Black Oxide will wear off, which is why we do not use it on our putters.

wow, do you have one of those with a plumbers neck or a heel shafted version? thats one area i dont do much with is my putter. but i really need to

Here is a finished Surfside Center shaft done in our Torch finish with an extra wide sightline as requested.

000_0049.jpg

000_0050.jpg

000_0051.jpg

000_0052.jpg

000_0053.jpg

000_0054.jpg

wow, do you have one of those with a plumbers neck or a heel shafted version? thats one area i dont do much with is my putter. but i really need to

I can do the Surfside with the following.....

Plumber's Neck, Mid-Slant, or Santa Fe Style neck that fits what you might be looking for.

With the taper at the back of this head we do not have an area for something on the very back of the heel. We do however have room for it on the Yaupon. I have some custom pictures of it in it's thread with a no.9 hosel.

That is gorgeous. Scooter, that would look good in your hands.
Yes, yes it would...but I'd have to find someone called Jenny.

He custom stamped them with whatever you want.

Or you could just call your putter Jenny. Mine's named Tracy, afterall. Like ships and motorcycles, putters should be referred to as female in gender.

What about Little Ben? That putter was, in its day, arguably the best piece of putting equipment ever.

What about Little Ben? That putter was, in its day, arguably the best piece of putting equipment ever.

From what I remember Little Ben was not a name he gave it. I cannot remember the story but will see if I can dig it up.

Lefty Surfside with a Plumber's Neck Hosel and Brushed stainless polymer finish.

000_0001.jpg

000_0002.jpg

000_0003.jpg

000_0004.jpg

This has WSE written all over it.

Ha ha, I was about to say the same thing JB! Nice to see you've got a lefty mold -- out of curiousity, how does that work exactly? Do you have CAD software or something that just inverts the design and feeds the info to the milling machine that grinds it out? (Don't you love my technical knowledge of machining processes?)

Ha ha, I was about to say the same thing JB! Nice to see you've got a lefty mold -- out of curiousity, how does that work exactly? Do you have CAD software or something that just inverts the design and feeds the info to the milling machine that grinds it out? (Don't you love my technical knowledge of machining processes?)

In a nutshell there is no mold, a solid block of steel, and depending on who does your milling you can reverse the design and have them mill them at the same time to keep the cost the same.

Very cool Chris. Yeah I shouldn't have said "mold" -- even I ought to know by now that milled putters are whittled from a solid, not poured into a mold. Neat that you can just flip it around to get the mirror image.

Very cool Chris. Yeah I shouldn't have said "mold" -- even I ought to know by now that milled putters are whittled from a solid, not poured into a mold. Neat that you can just flip it around to get the mirror image.

No problem. See the issue for "SOME" is that they are actually forging and then skim milling the heads. In this case doing a lefty is a HUGE investment for new tooling. For those like me who mill 100% from a solid block the issue is having a miller or not having a miller with the capability.

For instance I have most of my heads left handed and right handed. I have been sitting on the lefty heads for quite some time, so I may not mill any more for awhile. I can just choose not to because of having to sit on the inventory for so long.

However some just cannot do it both ways or the expense is too high.

In short I have three left Yaupon, three left Surfside one each of the shore putters and two lefty Ocean Isles left. Once they are sold I may not have anymore for awhile.

Back