907golfer12

Makin a comeback!
Reaction score
Handicap
Well, some of you may have been wondering "where did 907 go?" Well I can answer you that question.

For the last 2 weeks I have been in wonderful Maui, Hawaii playing golf and getting some sun, it was a nice get away from cold Alaska (it has been -15 to -25 for the past week).

Some may remember that the Mercedes-Benz Championship just finished up. Well I got to go for a few days and I have a few good things to say, but that is for another thread.

I just felt after 2 weeks of being gone I needed to re-introduce myself.

To all the new people that I haven't met yet, welcome to THP!

welcome back kid... jealous for sure! I've been relying on the range... still cold, even with "heated" bays

It was great. I played 11 rounds in 14 days. Plus I went to a 2 day camp at the David Leadbetter Academy

It was great. I played 11 rounds in 14 days. Plus I went to a 2 day camp at the David Leadbetter Academy

sounds great... take any shots of the courses you played?

so I am expecting to see that handicap drop a few points!

Welcome back 907! Sounds like a good time.

Oh it definitely was. My mom FORCED me to be at least practicing everyday, bummer huh? :smile:

Oh it definitely was. My mom FORCED me to be at least practicing everyday, bummer huh? :smile:

yeah... I am sure she made a serious financial committment considering you were in Hawaii and attending a Leadbetter camp. I'd have a club taped to your hands for that coin.

yeah... I am sure she made a serious financial committment considering you were in Hawaii and attending a Leadbetter camp. I'd have a club taped to your hands for that coin.

It wasn't actually that expensive. Leadbetter was like $500 for 2 days, and it ended up being 6 hours of 1 on 1 time, and rounds there for juniors at the most (of the courses I played) were $50. So it wasn't all that expensive.

Actually Small I paid for my expensive rounds. I paid $98 at Ka'anapali and at Wailea Emerald. I was gunna pay and play Kapalua Plantation, but it was closed for the M-B tournament.

So glad to have you back 907. We missed you around here.

Sounds like an incredible trip!

Sounds like an incredible trip!

I'd have to second that!

Now... I think I already know the answer to this but I have to ask anyways. Was the camp a Leadbetter sponsored camp or actual lessons from the man himself?

DD, it was one of the "trained" guys. He was great though, really changed my swing for the better. But $500 for 6 hours with the David Leadbetter, that would be a steal.

His academy is about 60 minutes from my house in a place that GG and I like to visit. We can see him out there all the time giving lessons and working with people.

I would love even just an hour with Leadbetter.

I'd take 10 minutes! haha

907 -- did you watch BBIX before you went to Ka'whatever? Would have been fun to find some of the spots the ladies approach challenges were held and try your luck! Oh, isn't Kim Welch now the resort's "touring pro"? That probably means very little in terms of how much time the pro actually spends at the resort, and I guess you would have mentioned it if you bumped into her, but just for fun I'll ask anyway: did you see Welch there?

Anyway, welcome back. Your trip sounds like it was a great time. I think I need to put together something just like it!

907 -- did you watch BBIX before you went to Ka'whatever? Would have been fun to find some of the spots the ladies approach challenges were held and try your luck! Oh, isn't Kim Welch now the resort's "touring pro"? That probably means very little in terms of how much time the pro actually spends at the resort, and I guess you would have mentioned it if you bumped into her, but just for fun I'll ask anyway: did you see Welch there?

Anyway, welcome back. Your trip sounds like it was a great time. I think I need to put together something just like it!

Yeah I did watch BB Ka'anapali, but I didn't get to play the same course. For the show they played on the Ka'anapali Royal course, but I played the Kai. The Royal, probably because of BB, is $40 more expensive, putting my round up over $100 if I played there. But if you go to Maui I would suggest their 2 round deal. You save money, play both courses and get lunch.

100 to me is cheap...

why is it whenever I plan I golf trip I naturally gravitate to the most expensive resorts courses?

It's annoying!

On the List:
Pebble Beach
Kiawah Island. SC
Sea Island, Georgia

100 to me is cheap...

why is it whenever I plan I golf trip I naturally gravitate to the most expensive resorts courses?

Because you're young and you aren't loaded down with responsibilities yet . . . get married, buy a house; that will change!

But it's OK, I think most people are that way early on, nothing wrong with it (me too).

haha... yeah, no ball and chain yet!

"Yet" is the key word here, DDB! hehehe

I guess you're always right Small!

I was like a kid in a candy store last night, Rachel went to Disney for a week and she landed last night and came over. I am such a pushover... I told her I was busy but that was clearly a lie and she knew it.

Back