Your best shot ever

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
What is your best shot ever that is NOT a hole in one?

I was at Trumps course in Palos Verdes on a a par 4, hit my drive into a fairway bunker about 80 yards out. Holed out with my 54* from the bunker for an Eagle.

My tee shot on Number 15 at Cooks Creek. It's a par 3. I left my tee shot 2 feet short of a hole in one. Not only that but it was for a Corvette too. :sad: That is my best shot ever (well so far).

I'd have to say a lob wedge from 60 yards out that burnt the edge on the 4th hole (serious slope on the green) at Lahinch in Ireland. I've holed out from much longer during rounds at home but there was something about that shot and where it took place... felt like I was part of history or something

The shot that netted me my 1st and only eagle. I was on the 4th hole of my home course. My drive left me about 165 yards away from the center of the green. I took an easy swing with a 5 iron and holed the shot. I was stunned. LOL

DD, you played in Ireland??? I had no idea...LOL

My best non-ace has to be my eagle from 100 yards a few months ago. Flew past the pin and back up in to the cup.

Like DD, for me it was the context that made it my best_shot_ever. I was finishing a fun round at this year's annual Turkey Trot on the 18th at Avery Ranch in Austin Texas. Folks were up at the club house bar watching the play on the 18th green. I had hit my first off line to the right and was sitting about 190 out from some thin rough (I was rolling old school and using the pro-shop's fancy yardage map, so I could have been off a few). The green itself sat in an attractive spot, with death to the left and rear down a rock strewn runoff. I hit a high pure one with the hybrid on a slight (LH) draw trajectory that plopped down gently maybe 5 feet from the pin, with a little 1 foot hop when it landed. It was a beautiful approach to end a great day of golf (yeah, so I two-putted from there, but that's not the point of the story, now is it?). Not the greatest shot in the world, but given my screen name it wasn't bad!

I remember my first birdie.

#17 at Glen Garden, it's 140 yards downhill, to a postage stamp sized green. I missed to the right by 10 yards, and had a chip-in for birdie while my Mom was talking to me. (my brother, who was beside me, punched me in the arm, and my dad was grinning)

I'd probably have to say a 5 wood from 225 yards that landed me about 4 feet from the pin. I missed the eagle.

I can't remember most of the great shots I've had, but there is this one that is stuck in my mind for some reason.

It was a 530 yard par 5, I hit a bad drive off to the right. It was stuck under a tree so I played a low 4 iron punch, unfortunatly, It was going good until It hit a tree and came straight down. I had about an 8 iron in there, as soon as I hit it I said "this is going to be good" it stopped dead, 3 feet from the pin, Nice recovery bird.

Last edited:
Still to come...

Probably not my best shot ever, but definitely the most memorable. I was about 40-50 yards out and the ball hit the cup/bottom of the flag on the fly and stayed in the hole without bouncing or anything. The funny part about it was that I didn't like the shot because I knew I hit it too hard. If it hadn't of hit the flag, it probably would have ended up off the green.

I'd say my best shot ever was the 2nd shot on about a 520 yard par 5. My tee shot was decent, probably about 250 yards left to the green or so. One of the guys I was playing with had a new (back then) #3 Callaway Big Bertha Warbird sole fairway. He hands it to me and says give it a try. I'd never had good luck with my fairways, usually about 175-200 max with a 3 if I could get it up. It was a beautiful shot, ended up rolling to the back of the green about 15 feet from the pin. The group up at the next tee said it missed by about a foot to the right from rolling in.

Probably not my best shot ever, but definitely the most memorable. I was about 40-50 yards out and the ball hit the cup/bottom of the flag on the fly and stayed in the hole without bouncing or anything. The funny part about it was that I didn't like the shot because I knew I hit it too hard. If it hadn't of hit the flag, it probably would have ended up off the green.

I did that in a friends member guest... in some thick rough in front of the green and hit a small 52 degree

knew I hit it to hard and bang... right in the hole, never hit green or anything

I did that in a friends member guest... in some thick rough in front of the green and hit a small 52 degree

knew I hit it to hard and bang... right in the hole, never hit green or anything

It felt similar to banking in a three-pointer on accident while playing basketball. You aren't going to turn it down, but it's mildly embarassing.

First Birdie Par 5 number 8 at what I consider my home course, decent drive left side of the fairway terrible second now sitting in the rough left side misaligned and third shot was sitting 30 yards from the green 60* wedge felt solid, checked up and dribbled in the cup.

i dont really have any memorable shots, i dont really get lucky like make an eagle on a par 4 or make a bomb put or anything haha

haha thanks for misinterpreting dan, i mean i just dont have really crazy awesome shots that wow people. i just hit the ball averagely around the course all day and make birdies when i can and try to avoid bogeys. i cant remember one shot where i was like wow thats fricken sweet

A rope-hook 3-wood from behind a tree. all the way across the fairway and back left to 2 feet for a birdie.

ironinsand

2nd shot - Par 4, 12th hole at Salt Creek outside San Diego. Holed it - my very first (and only) eagle. Wow!

Best shot of my life today

Best shot of my life today

It was hole 6 165 yard par 3 here is how it landed
IMG_0011.jpg

I'm happy

Did you make the putt?

Sure did

That's an awesome shot. I would have been pumped up for sure! Nice work.

Congrats dude!

Back