derelict

In the trees
Reaction score
Handicap
short game
Are "Ladies" putters really different from Men's putters? If so, what is different about them?

Are "Ladies" putters really different from Men's putters? If so, what is different about them?

Besides looks? Length and grip usually

I guess what I am getting at is:

I want to help my girl buy a new putter. we played around with a bunch of putters but most of them are for men. She felt quite comfortable with a 34" 2 ball putter, but it was a "mens" model. I find most golf stores do not really carry much in the realm of "women's" putters.

So if the only difference is the length and the size of the grip, then I think we can just buy mens putter and if she does not like the grip, we can regrip it...

I'm not sure if there's a specified women/men's putter. At the putter section, everything seems to be unisex. I guess I'm using a men's putter, per se, the SeeMore S2I. I believe its a 34".

There is a difference!

There is a difference!

I have the Odyssey 2 ball putter. It is lighter and shorter. Being a petite woman, I appreciate this. My husband bought this for me as a gift and, being the control freak I am, I went back to Golf Town and tried every putter there. This one just felt the best.
odydivinemulti.jpg

I am looking at the Ghost putter as a gift for my girl... Have any of the ladies tried it? Any feedback?

I am looking at the Ghost putter as a gift for my girl... Have any of the ladies tried it? Any feedback?

I've tried it, but its all about personal preference. I wasn't a fan of the insert, so I just ended up getting a SeeMore putter :)

Sorry - haven't tried it that I can remember. What type of ball does she use? My putter is meant for hard (girl) balls although I tend to use softer ones like the Calloway tour ix.

I have used the Ghost and liked it a lot. I liked the alighnment aid and I really liked the insert but it was a little light for me so I went with the TM Vicino. The Vicino is one of the ugliest putters I have ever seen but it puts such a great roll on the ball and I love the sound it makes at contact.

Personally, I really like the Ghost putter. It works really well for me. The weight of it wasn't heavy at all, it was fairly light and I felt that made it a little bit easier for me to control. I've tried it in the Golf Shops many times and always have great results with it. Haven't tried it too much out on the courses yet but when I have its worked out for me! :smile: I will probably be looking into getting it for myself sometime in the near future.

Thanks Adamsgirl! If I grab it I will let you know what she thinks of it and any feedback...

Back