Prospects for the '09 bag.

ActionJackson8

KAHHHHHNNNNNNNN!!!!!!!!!!
Reaction score
Handicap
Like many of you I am an equipment ho and I've been drooling over the reviews here and the '09 hotlist. While I love what I have now I want to go look at some new stuff this year. I'm looking at the following prospects/short list for my '09 bag but I'm open minded;

Driver
Dymo
Monster XLS

Fairway Woods
I already decided on these....was playing 906F2

Tested was the '09 launcher and 909F3....the Launcher won out.

Hybrids
'09 Launcher
Mizuno MX 700
Adams IDEA
Nickent 5DX

Irons
Nickent 4DX Pro
Mizuno MP-52
Mizuno MP-62
Nike Split Cavity
CG7 Tours
AP2's (these are low on the list though)

Wedges
'09 Vokeys
Mizuno
Nickent Arc Wedges
Replacing my Clevelands with the same thing

Putter
I have a brand new Cameron Studio Stainless Newport 1.5 I have never used
Sunset Beach
Yes!

Ball
Srixon Z-Star
'09 Pro V's

Shafts
Already tried the Voodoo, wasn't for me
Fubuki
Whiteboard
Axis (have a brand new one at home)
AXIVCore
Maybe a Matrix Ozik of some sort

I know I'm not alone out there, what are you guys gunning to try?

-Adam

Last edited:
AJ,
With the irons on your list, do not leave off the Nickent 4DX Pro. Very similar to the ones you are looking at with softer feel. I am alternating between those and Splits right now.

For me, the stuff I am really looking for is a new putter and that SSB purchase might have filled that gap. Other than that, I want a new staff bag. Dont know what company yet though. And I cannot wait to try both the new Nike balls and the new Srixon balls.

I'm looking to buy nothing from the 09 erra, not with my financial status lol. But i have already gotten a 08 60* vokey wedge and im looking to buy R7 TP irons in spring!

I think I'm going to try a Vega wedge soon for the gap. Never liked the Mizuno wedges I had. I'm on a Japanese wedge kick as I write this, thus the Vega.

GAS (gear acquisition syndrome)

Curious as to the launcher fwy wood? I like the looks, but haven't hit one. I had a 906f2 and it wasn't for me, on a whi, I hit the 909 and loved it, much more forgiving for me...so of course I traded some things I wasn't using for it!

Per your driver choices, I got to hit both, both cool, but the Dymo IMO. That being said...I'd buy an Evolver before either after hitting JB's. I do love my D3 with, yes the Voodoo. I must be in the minority on this shaft!

Splits or the 62's. The Nickent irons JB had in his bag that day I hit them were pretty darn sweet as well. Was that the Pro's J?

Nickent 4DX pros. I love the Dymo and the Evolver. Different types of drivers though. I love the Monster too, but the sound was too much for me.

I'd like to find one of those Evolvers sometime.

Funny, I'm on Nickent's site now!
That was the Fit on 150 or 160?

God JB Those Arc blades are pretty (and yes I read the review this time!) I just don't think I'd have the game to play them in the longer irons.

Scooter,

If you don't mind going through eBay for an Evolver, there have been a couple going through lately for around $110, and I've seen one with 2 shafts (UST ProForce V2 & UST ProForce V2 Hi-Launch) for $199 brand new.

I'm not happy with my fairway woods, I'm going to look at a few different things.

• Nike Dymo
  • Cobra S9-1
  • Cleveland Launcher
  • Ping G10

I may get new wedges in the fall in Oregon from Scratch Golf.

Other then that I love my set. I'm just experimenting with my ball. I switched from the Pro V1x to the Nike One Black. I'm going to try everything.

• '09 Pro V1/x
  • Srixon Z-Star
  • Nike Vapor/D
  • Bridgestone B330/S Tour

God JB Those Arc blades are pretty (and yes I read the review this time!) I just don't think I'd have the game to play them in the longer irons.

Yeah the Arc Blades are nice, but I dont play blades which is why I have been playing the 4DX Pros.

they are a lot more forgiving than most blades... I am coming from a set of MacGregor Pro M irons which were buttery nice but just to much of a beast to handle

907, Scratch is moving to Tennessee here soon, fyi.

I'm not happy with my fairway woods, I'm going to look at a few different things.

• Nike Dymo
  • Cobra S9-1
  • Cleveland Launcher
  • Ping G10

I may get new wedges in the fall in Oregon from Scratch Golf.

Other then that I love my set. I'm just experimenting with my ball. I switched from the Pro V1x to the Nike One Black. I'm going to try everything.

• '09 Pro V1/x
  • Srixon Z-Star
  • Nike Vapor/D
  • Bridgestone B330/S Tour

907, I really recommend Cobra fairway woods, SIMPLY AMAZING. I have the Speed Pro X, so easy to hit. Forgiving as hell.

How come you don't like your 909?

Ask amollerud about the 4DX Nickent Fairway woods. He used them today.

907, Scratch is moving to Tennessee here soon, fyi.

yay! i cant wait.

im replacing my woods with dymo tour spoon and 5 wood, possibly getting a 21* hybrid of some sort. also switching to the dymo driver. rest of the bag is set unless i get to try a putter that catches my eye

Not considering the cleveland launcher driver??
- seems strange as you like the fairway wood.

Has anybody hit one, they have arrived over here now but only in select stores...i.e: not available for demo yet!

Not considering the cleveland launcher driver??
- seems strange as you like the fairway wood.

Has anybody hit one, they have arrived over here now but only in select stores...i.e: not available for demo yet!

No the launch and spin conditions on the launcher driver did not suit me, and I wasn't a huge fan of the elongated look at address (something absent in the FW). I also lost about 10 yards with it in comparison to my XLS and did not pick up any accuracy with it either. I demoed and used one for about a week though. It's not a bad stick, just not for me.

This is the first year that I can say that I may not change a single club and mean it. Well, the putter is always in a state of flux, but the rest of my bag is solid...............albeit a bit old school in the FW department, the Sonartec SS-07.
I am happy with every single club in the bag.
Thanks,
LaMont in aZ

This is the first year that I can say that I may not change a single club and mean it. Well, the putter is always in a state of flux, but the rest of my bag is solid...............albeit a bit old school in the FW department, the Sonartec SS-07.
I am happy with every single club in the bag.
Thanks,
LaMont in aZ

I love sonartec... it was a shame to see them go down

Few additions and subtractions;
Adding
Eidolon Wedges
Scratch Wedges
Adams Mens IDEA Tech a4 Hybrids/Irons Set
BridgeStone J36
Dymo Fairway Woods
New Nike Ball Line

No's
'09 Vokey's
'09 Launcher Driver
'09 Pro V's
909 Driver Series
AP2 Irons

Last edited:
Im thinking that even though my 60* is the best club in my bag, it might be time for a new one. Its about 4 years old or so. I still havent picked which one Im going to get yet.

Back