ddec

I have many leather-bound books
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Handicap
The Driver
Found this article on foxsports.com

http://msn.foxsports.com/golf/story/Westwood-has-no-plans-to-play-on-US-Tour-in-2011-100610

Apparently Lee Westood is planning on playing most of the 2011 season over in Europe so that he can he closer to his family and other reasons. IF this happens, do you think its a big loss for the tour? He will probably be the world number 1 by the end of the year.

Don't forget Westwood also said after the 2008 Ryder Cup that he didn't think he would ever play in America again.

No loss at all, because nothing changes. He has always done this. He doesnt want to compete with the big boys...haha

Going to number 1 without ever winning a major just seems so odd to me. But its not my scoring and its why that most of the players obviously view Majors as the true measuring stick.

Im not sure if it will hurt or not. I do like the guy (just not when its Ryder Cup time). But its funny with my schedule, I cant more of the Euro Tour on TV so I will see more of him.

Lee Westwood has some leverage now. He is more popular than ever (particularly in Europe) and he is flexing his muscles. I like to watch him play and wish he would play our tour next year.

I honestly don't care if he does or not. LoL

I honestly don't care if he does or not. LoL

^ This. Besides the US already has it's own European Tour events, it's called the Nationwide Tour.

• Staff
The real question is, who will TC take in all of those contests if Westwood isn't playing on tour?

I think it will hurt if world number 1 is not playing on the PGA Tour. Regardless of who world number 1 is at the time. Granted I won't pass on watching golf because Lee isn't playing.

The real question is, who will TC take in all of those contests if Westwood isn't playing on tour?

I think it will hurt if world number 1 is not playing on the PGA Tour. Regardless of who world number 1 is at the time.

He will still play in the WGC events as well as the majors. So he will still play in the same fields. I guess I just dont see what the news is. So he wont be in the John Deere?

He will still play in the WGC events as well as the majors. So he will still play in the same fields. I guess I just dont see what the news is. So he wont be in the John Deere?

And he will likely play in some of those PGA events prior to the big tournaments he plays out here. I want to see him play here though... against the best.

I would like to see him, Kaymer, Oosthuizen play more over here. Maybe the last 2 will play more over here now that they have won majors.

Guess he's joining the banquet tour then....

Won't even notice he's gone. He can take poulter with him!

I dont see this as a major loss at all. Westtooth didnt play here much anyway so have fun over in the rain.

He only plays the first three rounds of tournaments over here anyway, so now the only thing we will be missing is him not winning on Sunday.

I would personally think that he would want to play against stronger fields week-in and week-out to be better prepared for the majors, but I don't really care if he plays our tour because I could probably list at least 20 guys I'd rather see wining majors than Westwood.

What else is new... Atleast I have a reason to watch the Euro Tour on the Golf Network. If annything he provides a debate topic during the majors seeing as how no one in the US truly knows how good he is or can be. Because know one gets to see him play!

Adios muchacho, keep your snuggled-toothed rear over there. We'll be just fine without ya.

I am not sure being world number 1 is as much of a motivation for Westwood as it has been for guys like Tiger, which is not to say he does not have competitive fire. I just think he plays more for himself than some of the other guys. I think that if he gets there he will be pleased but I am not sure how much he would specifically do to stay there. In comparison if I were to look at another Euro team guy, while I am not saying he has the talent to get there, I could see a guy like Poulter working out all sorts of scenarios to keep himself there and using it as a motivational tool as well.

As for impact to the PGA tour if Westwood is for the most part absent, there won’t be any.

Who cares? How many golf fans watch a PGATour event because Westy is playing? He doesn't move the needle one bit. He'll play in the Master's, US Open and PGA Championship. I don't need to see him more than that. Maybe he'll defend that Memphis tourney he won when he made a big deal about being sponsored by UPS.

Ah yes, his only recent success on TOUR. Lame ducking a win after "Swamp Butt" Garrigus imploded on 18. LOL!

No loss at all, because nothing changes. He has always done this. He doesnt want to compete with the big boys...haha

Going to number 1 without ever winning a major just seems so odd to me. But its not my scoring and its why that most of the players obviously view Majors as the true measuring stick.

I get the feeling you don't like Westwood at all. And he's so consistent that he more than deserves the No 1 spot.

Back