2011 Titleist Pro V1 & Pro V1x Golf Balls

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
We are getting a ton of information on these from different tour vans, players, etc... So we wanted to put this out. We will have some player quotes (pros & cons) coming next week.

http://www.titleist.com/teamtitleis...v1x-prototype-golf-balls-spotted-on-tour.aspx

A buzz has emerged this week in the locker room and on the range at Sea Island Golf Club in St. Simons, Ga., home of the PGA Tour's inaugural McGladrey Classic, thanks to the return of the plain white golf ball boxes.

To tour players, that means only one thing: New product from the #1 ball in golf. And not just any new product, either. Meet the next generation Pro V1 and Pro V1x golf balls.
After many prototypes and months of successful R&D testing with PGA Tour players, the new Pro V1 and Pro V1x seeding process began in earnest on Monday as players arrived at Sea Island to find Titleist Golf Ball R&D fitting experts Fordie Pitts and Jeff Beyers armed with white boxes and ready to conduct on-course evaluations with many of the world's best golfers.
This is a critical step in the golf ball fitting process as it allows tour players to compare the new Pro V1 and Pro V1x to the golf ball they currently put in play. While walking the course with the players and observing them hit multiple shots with each of the golf balls, Pitts and Beyers are able to help fit the players with the golf ball best suited for their game.

Team Titleist tagged along on Tuesday with Pitts and Beyers as they walked the fairways and greens with Titleist Brand Ambassadors Troy Matteson and Bo Van Pelt, and golf ball loyalists Charlie Wi and Dean Wilson, among others. There was a lot of great discussion between the players and our experts as the on-course session included in-depth reviews of the features and benefits as the players put the new golf balls through their paces.

Stay tuned for more information about the new Pro V1 and Pro V1x golf balls as the Fall Series continues on the PGA Tour, and the new product gets seeded on the professional tours around the world.

5241.DSC_5F00_0586.JPG

This should be an interesting review from the fitting session with the guys at Sea Island this week. Looking forward to the buzz.

• Admin
We are getting some more GREAT feedback on this one from some of the tour guys. The ball is DEFINITELY spinny.

Hmmm, sounds promising, thanks for the info

We are getting some more GREAT feedback on this one from some of the tour guys. The ball is DEFINITELY spinny.

But how long will it last? I get plenty of spin from my Z star and it'll last the whole 18 holes.
Still when a brand new ball from a top name company like that comes out it deserves at least a sleeve to see whats up.

• Admin
Today marks the 10 year anniversary of the Pro V1 golf ball.

Any ideas when these might come out?

• Admin
It will be a little bit. They are in the tour testing mode right now.

So spring? Next summer? 2012? What's your guess?

So spring? Next summer? 2012? What's your guess?

They will trickle out near year end with the official national release coming at the PGA Show in January. My best guess anyway.

Ok sounds good! Thanks JB!

I look forward to never paying for one, but managing to fill my bag with them... (Thank you fellow Oasis members!!!)

I can't wait to see what this forum says, considering how Bridgestone/Srixon dominated we seem to be.

Looking forward to hitting these. I always played Titleist before I did a Bridgestone ball fitting. Titleist has always had a good product and I feel they've fell behind some other ball manufacturers in the last few years.

I have one. I can't bring myself to play it. which is odd to me. so I guess my next chance out imma put it into play.

there are two players at my club that have had them for awhile now. one in particular really is happy with it. he says it plays a few yards longer for him. less dispersion on mis-hits. still great control around the greens.

sounds like a winner to me.

$50?!!? Holy crap.

they are always that much, they only dropped the price recently because the new ones were coming out...

they have to find a way to cover the cost of all the white coats the guys were wearing at the show
$50?!!? Holy crap.

That's what they charge in Canada for all top level balls... what's it normally down south?

they have to find a way to cover the cost of all the white coats the guys were wearing at the show

Choked on my water, bravo sir.

I was just looking at the golfsmith website and it looks like the $49.99 price is for personalized, logo, or high numbers. The price for a regular dozen is $45.99, so $3 more than I was paying last year.

I was just looking at the golfsmith website and it looks like the $49.99 price is for personalized, logo, or high numbers. The price for a regular dozen is $45.99, so $3 more than I was paying last year.

And the same price as penta TP's

Back