Official 2010 THP Putter Shootout thread

Hanks

On the Fringe
Reaction score
Handicap
bOOBs
The THP birdie just told me that we will be doing a Putter Shoot Out while I'm down there in a few weeks, but we need your help. Please let us know which putters you want to see go head to head and be a part of the 'battle royal.' This should be a lot of fun and can go a lot of directions. Blade category, mini-mallet category, mallet category, and an overall rating for all of the putters for short, medium, and long putts as well as looks. There also may be a CONTEST involved with this event as well but it will depend on interest and participation in this thread....just saying. So who wants to see what?

Contestant Wish List: (so far)

Odyssey Tour Black #6,
Odyssey Tour Black #9
Odyssey Tour Black 2 Ball Blade
Odyssey White Ice #7
Odyssey Backstryke 2-ball
Never Compromise Gambler
Never Compromise X-Ray
West Coast Zen Proto
Nike Method 001,
Nike Method 002,
Nike Method 003,
Nike Method 004
Cleveland Classic Black
Cleveland Classic 5.5
Ping 1/2 Craz-E
Ping Scottsdale Wolverine
Ping Scottsdale ZB
Ping Scottsdale Anser
Taylormade Ghost Corza
Taylormade Ghost Daytona
Taylormade Vicino
SeeMore DB4
Seemore Si3/3w
Bettinardi
Bettinardi 3/4
Bettinardi BB1
Rife Trinidad
Rife Barbados
Lajosi
Kia Ma Daytona
Tour Edge 'Ghost'
Nead Mini
Machine Putter Proto
Gel
Yes! Mollie

Proposed Battles: (so far)

1) Odyssey Tour Black #9 vs. Never Compromise Gambler vs. West Coast Zen Proto vs. Nike method 003 vs. Cleveland Classic Black
2) Method 003 vs. Never Compromise Gambler
3) West Coast Zen Proto vs. See-More vs. Bettinardi vs. Nike Method 001 vs. Scotty Cameron
4) Kia Ma Daytona (one with the insert) Vs. SeeMore DB4
5) Kia Ma Daytona (Black one without insert) Vs. SeeMore DB4
6) Bettinardi BB1 vs. Nike Method 001
7) Bettinardi Studio Stock 1 Vs. Odyssey #9
8) Battle of the mallets
9) Battle of the blades
10) Battle of the Grooves
11) Center-shafted shoot out
12) Never Compromise Gambler vs. Bettinardi BB1
13) Insert vs Non-Insert in performance only
14) White Ice #7 vs White Hot #7
15) Odyssey vs SeeMore
16) SeeMore M1 vs M7
17) SeeMore Carbon Steel vs MFGP
18) Taylormade Ghost Insert vs Vicino Insert
19) SeeMore Sb1 vs Odyssey Inserts

Last edited:
oooo, the one shootout that i want to see is the BATTLE OF THE HEEL SHAFTED!!!!

odyssey tour black #9 vs. the gambler vs. the west coast proto vs. the method 003 vs. the cleveland classic!

oooo, the one shootout that i want to see is the BATTLE OF THE HEEL SHAFTED!!!!

odyssey tour black #9 vs. the gambler vs. the west coast proto vs. the method 003 vs. the cleveland classic black!

Yes! I like it! Made a little adjustment.

the gambler and method 003 are a definite.

oohhh I like that....good idea OEM

Hanks, please make a list as we get ideas and keep them posted or updated in the OP. That way I can check in each day with the OEM's and have them send what we dont have.

YES! I'd love to see a West Cost Zen Proto up against See-More, Bettinardi, Nike Method 001, and a Scotty if available. I know that is some stiff competition but I know that the Zen Proto is up for the challenge, I did the same little mini shoot-out myself at our Fall Outing and the WCP Zen Proto rocked it!

The Lajosi's. For sure.

First post updated with desired contestants as well as proposed battles. good ideas everyone, keep them coming!

I am not sure if you guys will have access to this one however, I am thinking hard about trying the Rife 2010 Island Series "TRINIDAD.

I like the heel shafted idea a lot. Keep them separated from the blades and mallets. Hmm I may need to reconsider something ... hehe

this means OEM's wallet starts to quiver....
I like the heel shafted idea a lot. Keep them separated from the blades and mallets. Hmm I may need to reconsider something ... hehe

This is a great idea and I would love to see a couple from the NEAD line in there. How cool would it be to pit a carbon Mini with the roll face up against a great line up like this? I hear the feel is as soft as butter. Another that everyone here know's I kind of like, haha, is Clay Long. I'd put that offering he had at the Fall outing up against anything you can bring, as far as simply making putts.

Flare necks!!!! Honestly I've never really pursued putters all that hard... Up until this year just played with what I had, so any and all info is always appreciated!

Enjoy it Hanks!

How about all Anser styles? I've been thinking about changing out my putter for the first time in 5 years, but I only gravitate toward the ansers. I have an old Scotty pro plat newport 2 and the gauge designs. I'm really curious to see how the inserts of the Scottsdale and Method hold up to the new Cleveland Black and the current line of Scotty's and any of the others that fall into the category, since I don't know what all of them are.

While you are looking at heel shafted.... Lajosi KLP.6C would be great (as I am awful close to buying one!)

the SeeMore with the copper insert v. any takers up to the challenge!

Kia Ma Daytona (one with the insert) Vs. SeeMore DB4

Kia Ma Daytona (Black one without insert) Vs. SeeMore DB4

Bettinardi BB1 vs. Nike Method 001

Bettinardi Studio Stock 1 Vs. Odyssey #9

Bettinardi 50 Cal if available Vs. The best one of above

Really interested in the one in bold the most.

First post updated. Great idea everyone, keep them coming! We're going to try to make as much of this happen as possible depending on availability

i wouldn't mind seeing/having a TM ghost vs. tour edge ghost battle. battle of the albino's!!!

First post updated. Great idea everyone, keep them coming! We're going to try to make as much of this happen as possible depending on availability

Any luck getting a Nead Mini or Bettinardi 3/4 to compare against any of the standard size putters for accuracy and feel? Those two companies are claiming the smaller putter sales are on fire right now.

I'll leave it up to JB to respond to this as he's working the phones on most of these.....
Any luck getting a Nead Mini or Bettinardi 3/4 to compare against any of the standard size putters for accuracy and feel? Those two companies are claiming the smaller putter sales are on fire right now.

the SeeMore with the copper insert v. any takers up to the challenge!

I would say the Machine Putter prototype. I know Duey and I liked the way this one rolled. Wish I could justify the $$$ it would take to get one of these.

807227106_FzL8o-L-1.jpg

Nead mini is here. No problem. I will enquire about a Bettinardi 3/4

I would say the Machine Putter prototype. I know Duey and I liked the way this one rolled. Wish I could justify the $$$ it would take to get one of these.

807227106_FzL8o-L-1.jpg

Done!

Back