Niblick with a C. Kua Hybrid shaft- Could this work ?

EJ333

Reaction score
Handicap
Suppose you could shaft either a C. Kua 83 or 59 shaft in your Niblick. Could it work well ? My guess is that the C. Kua 83 might work, let's say in an R flex at 86 grams. It would probably increase swing weight a bit, but the C. Cua 59 at 61 grams would increase swing weight too much. The reason I would consider such a combo would be to achieve an extra ten yards along with the great feel of an easy swing that the proper flex code for each indivual's swing would afford.

In my opinion, no it would not work. Miyazaki does not make iron shafts. Sure you could cut down a driver shaft into it, but then why not do it for every iron in your bag? Reason? there are quite a bit actually. Keep in mind that a Niblick is not even the length of most irons (shorter) and with how head heavy it is, the balance would be completely off.

The other side of it is that the flex code would essentially be worthless when you are cutting the shaft that short. The flex code is made up of every 10 inches and you would have to cut way too much off of this to make it work. Therefore you would no longer have the same flex code.

If you want to make a niblick shaft lighter, there are tons of steal options such as True Temper GS95 or Nippon 950 that could fit the bill quite nicely, but in my opinion taking a driver shaft and cutting it down to fit into a utility chipping club makes very little sense.

Niblick with a DG Spinner shaft? Hmmm

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Niblick with a DG Spinner shaft? Hmmm

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That could work. It would add more spin (for what I am seeing), and the lower trajectory could give some more distance too.

From what I understand, isn't the Dynamic Gold Spinner shaft a .335 tip, and the niblick a .370 ? So are TT GS95 and Nippon 950 offered in a .370 tip ?

From what I understand, isn't the Dynamic Gold Spinner shaft a .335 tip, and the niblick a .370 ? So are TT GS95 and Nippon 950 offered in a .370 tip ?

I can look it up for you shortly. I believe you are correct. I was merely thinking about combinations from a ball flight idea.

Putting a high end driver shaft in the shortest club (one of) in your bag, in my opinion would completely eliminate the benefits of the Miyazaki shaft.

use a 55g nv x stiff driver shaft in a cobra dws 18 degree hybrid and it performs quite well when I do the same

use a 55g nv x stiff driver shaft in a cobra dws 18 degree hybrid and it performs quite well when I do the same

I assume you are not cutting it down to 35" though and needing wedge like accuracy.

A friend of mine cut down his driver shaft to get an "easier" driver and it didn´t work. He said his cut-down shaft felt like hitting with a plank. I haven´t tried the Myazaki, but driver shafts are supposed to be around 44-45 or they will loose some of their attributes.

It feels like a bad idea

There's always the women's Niblick with a graphite shaft!

I assume you are not cutting it down to 35" though and needing wedge like accuracy.
my bad
35" would make it a board.I put an old cobra driver shaft in a Wilson sand wedge and I might as well of used rebar.
Sorry I'm not familiar with a niblick

Back