SLIGO SURVEY - We are looking for some opinions on your preferences and experiences.

Sligowear

Same Game. New Vibe.
Reaction score
Handicap
We've been thinking lately about the way we deliver online orders and were hoping to get some feedback from THP members. We know you are savvy consumers when it comes to golf apparel and purchasing online. Many of you have ordered directly from us and we wanted to work on enhancing that experience. We hope you can share your opinions, photos and Sligo experiences with us to help us better serve our loyal customers.

The questions we would like to ask is, do you prefer clothing you have ordered from a online store to arrive in original packaging or removed from the bags and neatly folded? (See attached pictures) To date we have always removed the clothes and inspected the goods before shipping them. The are always neatly folded, arranged in the box and wrapped in tissue paper. Part of our concern with doing this is always the question. By the time it arrives to our customers, customs has looked through it and the courier has handled it, is it neatly folded anymore or is it a mess? Or, would you prefer it to come in the original packaging and get that feeling of opening your new purchase?

We would love to hear your thoughts in hope of improving our level of service. Thanks to all who offer up advise and opinions.

Sligo guys.

IMG00141-20101013-1224.jpg

IMG00142-20101013-1226-2.jpg

The benefit of being Canadian, ordering Canadian, no customs!! I haven't ordered any Sligo yet, but I will soon and am quite looking forward to it!!

I would say still in the plastic, but it's really cool tat you do this to inspect everything before it goes out. What I find more cool is that second shirt. Now that is sweet.

The benefit of being Canadian, ordering Canadian, no customs!! I haven't ordered any Sligo yet, but I will soon and am quite looking forward to it!!

haha it's funny you mentioned that... I considered sending some stuff to my mom's place as they are travelling down this way next month, but the dang taxes are more than it would be to just ship it to me here haha! hard to believe. (and of course no fault of Sligo!)

I just rec'd a Sligo shirt yesterday and it was folded up nicely with a card that said "Thanks Jason" I thought that was a really cool little thing myself. It was in fact folded up very nicely and I couldn't even tell if it had been opened up in customs or not. I understand both sides of it but I like the way you currently do it myself.

I just rec'd a Sligo shirt yesterday and it was folded up nicely with a card that said "Thanks Jason" I thought that was a really cool little thing myself. It was in fact folded up very nicely and I couldn't even tell if it had been opened up in customs or not. I understand both sides of it but I like the way you currently do it myself.

I am sure not every package is opened up. It's nice to know it arrived in the same condition it left in. A big part of the debate for us is the packaging or no packaging. It's nice to have it arrive folded and display but is that taking away from the experience of unveiling your new purchase? We think both ways have there merits.

Being Canadian as well no customs, but I like the way you do it now. Its just a nice touch and shows that you care. Love your shirts.

I am sure not every package is opened up. It's nice to know it arrived in the same condition it left in. A big part of the debate for us is the packaging or no packaging. It's nice to have it arrive folded and display but is that taking away from the experience of unveiling your new purchase? We think both ways have there merits.
Yeah I think both methods have their own pros and cons. I for one thought it was a nice little feature that showed me an added level of customer service. You order something from TGW or something and you just know that some high school kid is working in the back and grabbing your stuff and boxing it up and slinging it out the door. I like your current methods and say stick with it!

Being Canadian as well no customs, but I like the way you do it now. Its just a nice touch and shows that you care. Love your shirts.

Thanks Coolbreeze!

We ship a lot in Canada as well. We were also wondering by time the courier has delivered the package have the contents in the box shifted and unfolded. Doesn't sound like this is the case. We are glad to hear that.

Original plastic. I personally like the feeling of 'unwrapping' something but that's just me

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

i've only ever received one package but will be receiving my second in a couple of days. as beautiful as your clothes and buckles are, my favorite thing may have been the personalization of everything. i like that everything has a touch of "personalization" and uniqueness to it. in fact, the hand written thank you card i received with my order is inside the first ever issue of THP the magazine. i like the way you guys do your thing, it's different, as is your style and your attire. i say keep on being unique. i expect orders from you guys to take a little longer than from others and that's ok.

and congrats on adding australia to your delivery list. i have quite a few friends over there, i'll make sure they know about the site.

I just received my latest order a couple days ago and everything was still neatly folded and arranged very nicely.The thank you card was on top and everything looked great. I have no issues with it arriving how it did but if it means coming faster with plastic still on it Im all for getting it faster.

My feeling is this: Everybody ships in original packaging, but part of what you pay for when purchasing Sligo is the personal inspection. We are buying something that is ultra high end here and I do expect a higher degree of service and I do believe that you guys provide that by inspecting the cloths. I don't expect my sushi to be delivered on a tray, I don't drink my sake out of a plastic cup and if I ordered a Ferrari, I would expect it to be delivered to my house instead of having to pick it up at some dealership.

That being said, I am receiving my first Sligo package on Monday.

We've been thinking lately about the way we deliver online orders and were hoping to get some feedback from THP members. We know you are savvy consumers when it comes to golf apparel and purchasing online. Many of you have ordered directly from us and we wanted to work on enhancing that experience. We hope you can share your opinions, photos and Sligo experiences with us to help us better serve our loyal customers.

The questions we would like to ask is, do you prefer clothing you have ordered from a online store to arrive in original packaging or removed from the bags and neatly folded? (See attached pictures) To date we have always removed the clothes and inspected the goods before shipping them. The are always neatly folded, arranged in the box and wrapped in tissue paper. Part of our concern with doing this is always the question. By the time it arrives to our customers, customs has looked through it and the courier has handled it, is it neatly folded anymore or is it a mess? Or, would you prefer it to come in the original packaging and get that feeling of opening your new purchase?

We would love to hear your thoughts in hope of improving our level of service. Thanks to all who offer up advise and opinions.

Sligo guys.

IMG00141-20101013-1224.jpg

IMG00142-20101013-1226-2.jpg
LoL. was this my order being wrapped up? those two shirts are part of my order.

I do appreciate the personal touch given by the folks at Sligo. when it comes to customs, won't they open the package too if it's in its original packaging if they suspect something? I guess it's the risk we US peepz are taking when ordering anything International. if my package was picked to get opened, so be it. as long as the package is in okay condition and the stuff inside the package is alright when it arrives, I'm okay with a somewhat messed up package since customs people won't neatly fold the clothes back. now, if my package wasn't randomly picked from customs, the wrapping and personal thank you card is a pretty nice touch.

I'm looking forward to receiving my package either way. stay tuned for some pics.

I just wanna commend Allan and the Sligo crew for such a fast turn around on getting my 1st order from them. I ordered on Wed and received it today. awesome packaging and one of a kind customer service. pics to come tonight. took them this morning but didn't get a chance to upload them yet.

I just wanna commend Allan and the Sligo crew for such a fast turn around on getting my 1st order from them. I ordered on Wed and received it today. awesome packaging and one of a kind customer service. pics to come tonight. took them this morning but didn't get a chance to upload them yet.

Thanks TaylorMade117,glad to hear you were happy with everything.

If you guys ever need any models about 6'6" 195 lbs just lemme know :laughing:

If you guys ever need any models about 6'6" 195 lbs just lemme know :laughing:

Remind me never to make you upset.

LOL I could never hurt such a good guy, even though he's a cowgirl fan!

lol well thank you, I think. Plus my gf is from Iowa

I've gotten packages both ways... Funny thing is I never really paid that much attention before. As soon as I opened the box I was trying on the clothes and all the combos I had been thinking about since the minute I ordered.

I do like the concept of opening a brand new order out of its original packaging... but the personal inspection better follows the personal service I have always gotten from you guys (like the thank you notes etc) and it has always been greatly appreciate it. The fact that you guys are even bringing this up, showing that you care, says a lot about you guys...

For me the only way it could get better is if you packaged my Sligo shirt inside of another Sligo shirt... that would be ideal... :joy:

And you guys just made me want to order the Black St. James from the Asia collection... Can't a guy just save up for the 2011 gear in peace!?!?!

Last edited:
Thanks Coolbreeze!

We ship a lot in Canada as well. We were also wondering by time the courier has delivered the package have the contents in the box shifted and unfolded. Doesn't sound like this is the case. We are glad to hear that.

always great to hear a company not afraid to get out there and attempt to improve. Love the practice.

Back