Fashion Questions & Tips

MD177

Reaction score
Handicap
GAM: 18.8
I'm not sure if we have this thread going on already. I thought it would be cool if we can ask for fashion advice. LoL. I know it's all personal preference at the end but I think this can be a fun thread.

anyway, I'll start. I received my 2nd shipment of Sligo stuff today and I plan on wearing this tomorrow. would you rock this outfit? or if not, what would you change?

Nike_HatBlackWhite.jpg

SligoRobinsonF.jpg

SligoRobinsonB.jpg

Nike_BeltWhite2.jpg

Nike_PantsBlack.jpg

2011TWWhite.jpg

On word answer to your question....YES. But I would probably go with an all white hat, that would be all I'd change, great setup and good thread idea!

On word answer to your question....YES. But I would probably go with an all white hat, that would be all I'd change, great setup and good thread idea!
this hat better?
Nike_HatWhite.jpg

I was also thinking, maybe grey pants?
Nike_PantsGrey.jpg

I'd go with the white hat too, but you're fine either way.

I'd definitely go white hat. I'd keep the black pants though.

I changed the title of this one so that newer members can find it too.

I changed the title of this one so that newer members can find it too.
excellent. I like the new title much better.

how about these? just messing around a little with different combination.

Outfit2.jpg

----------------------
Outfit3.jpg

----------------------
Outfit1.jpg

belts I can use are:
Nike_BeltWhite1.jpg

Nike_BeltWhite2.jpg

would you wear one or both of these shirts?

SligoGatorF.jpg

SligoOBrienF.jpg

with these pair of pants? or should I stick with wearing plain black pants instead?

McKennaSlateStripeF.jpg

McKennaSlateStripeCU2.jpg

white hat, white belt, and white shoes will finish the outfit.

Everything looks great guys :good:

Do black shoes go with everything? I have a pair of black Paula's that I only wear with a black skort/white top combo. I'd like to wear my black shoes more but I don't have very many black colored outfits :(

would you wear one or both of these shirts?

with these pair of pants? or should I stick with wearing plain black pants instead?

white hat, white belt, and white shoes will finish the outfit.

Personally neither. I have those in shorts and believe they look best with a solid shirt in my opinion.

Everything looks great guys :good:

Do black shoes go with everything? I have a pair of black Paula's that I only wear with a black skort/white top combo. I'd like to wear my black shoes more but I don't have very many black colored outfits :(

No, the same rule applies to black as any other color. You can use them more versatility than just with black, but they do not go with everything.

Personally neither. I have those in shorts and believe they look best with a solid shirt in my opinion.
I was thinking the same thing. I was worried there's too much going on with the shirt/pants combo. I might be able to get away with the Gator shirt, since it's kinda subtle, but probably not with the O'Brien.

my normal rule of thumb is elaborate design pants with solid shirt and plain pants with elaborate design shirts. hope that made sense. LoL

I have a question for this thread, I've always believed (based on what I've been told) that plaid shorts/pants should always go with a solid shirt of matching color. I've seen a ton this year that people are wearing stripe shirts with plaid shorts, is this now acceptable? Maybe it's always been acceptable but I've heard from multiple sources do not mix patterns. Anyone have a thought on this?

I have a question for this thread, I've always believed (based on what I've been told) that plaid shorts/pants should always go with a solid shirt of matching color. I've seen a ton this year that people are wearing stripe shirts with plaid shorts, is this now acceptable? Maybe it's always been acceptable but I've heard from multiple sources do not mix patterns. Anyone have a thought on this?

Acceptable yes. But many still say go with your initial thought. I know I still do.

Thanks JB, I knew you'd be able to help me out. I've got enough solid golf shirts that I shouldn't ever have to mix patterns anyway.

I go with your 1st statement most of the time. I've tried on plaid pants and stripe shirts but just didn't look right to me. too much stuff going IMHO. personally, I'd go plain/semi plain shirts with plaid/stripe pants & solid pants with stripe or elaborate print shirts.

I have a pair of black shoes. What else can I wear with them to match? I just have this skort with matching white top (in reverse colored print):

Skort.jpg

Red, Blue, Green, and anything else really. Just wear a black hat and black accessories if you are not wearing a belt.

The white hat would be essential, good call puttin4bird

thinking of wearing this tomorrow. watcha guys think?

HatBlackWhite.jpg

WhiteGavinFSpring2010.jpg

BeltIconSpring2010.jpg

PantsBlack.jpg

2009TWBlack.jpg

-----------------------------------------
question is... should I wear a solid white hat?
HatWhite.jpg

also, should I go with these shoes instead?
2010TWWhite.jpg

I'd say you're good with your first thought too.

Definitely the second shoes if you're going with the white belt.

Back