John Daly Switches to Bettinardi

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Combing through the latest Tour Reports, I noticed something very interesting. John Daly made the switch to a Bettinardi putter. Tour Report shows it as a Studio Stock.

DALY, JOHN BETTINARDI (STUDIO STOCK)

For a second, I thought you said "Bacardi". hehehe

I don't know if this is a good thing or a bad thing for Bettinardi to have Daly associated with the name.

While Daly isn't known as much of a putter, I imagine the folks at Bettinardi are happy to have the publicity that will come along with him. The man is a magnet for attention, both good and bad. I think it's great and I hope he does well.

I agree with Petroguy, you'd have to think that any company would be thrilled to have a 2 time major champion playing their equipment. What was he using before? Dunlap or something?

I agree with Petroguy, you'd have to think that any company would be thrilled to have a 2 time major champion playing their equipment. What was he using before? Dunlap or something?

HAHAHHAA

John Daily T 125 in putting..... Perhaps these putters will turn that around?

• Admin

And yet nobody wants him. What does that say about a player?

And yet nobody wants him. What does that say about a player?
Well yeah I should have went further into my statement, most OEMs would LOVE to have a 2 time major champion (who's not John Daly) play their equipment. Sad isn't it?

Please say it ain't so Joe! Lol. I find it hard to understand Bettinardi's reasoning on this, yet hate to second guess someone this successful. JD is some what of a mute point at this time in golf, wouldn't his benefit be pretty mute as well?

I read somewhere that after he lost some weight, he complaned that his gut didn't keep his arms square while putting.:loser:

i would like to see him get competitive again but his work ethic and head need to ready. he has grown up - sober, weight, etc. somewhat and I do not think his past will harm the B brand in anyway. they do not get any publicity from any players using their putters that I have seen or read. But if he wins with their equipment.... lots of upside for the turnaround/comeback guys. And if Duval wins with scratch....

i would like to see him get competitive again but his work ethic and head need to ready. he has grown up - sober, weight, etc. somewhat and I do not think his past will harm the B brand in anyway. they do not get any publicity from any players using their putters that I have seen or read. But if he wins with their equipment.... lots of upside for the turnaround/comeback guys. And if Duval wins with scratch....

Im guessing by grown up you mean stopped suing kids charities? Or giving out reporters cell phone numbers via twitter? Or retiring and unretiring 3 days later? Or hocking his gear at the Gates of Augusta? Or having his wife sell clothing at the Open Championship? Oh whoops, he is still doing that. :alien:

As for Duval, there is a thread on the switch here, but I do find it odd that he is not playing Scratch wedges. Only the irons, since everybody raves about the wedges. Just my opinion though and obviously for another thread.

not aware of him suing anyone but just looked it up. pathetic on his part. obviously staying sober, losing weight and taking the game more seriously is still a long way from needed reform. my bad on Duval, I am a big fan of his and he is not suing anyone is he? :)

Im guessing by grown up you mean stopped suing kids charities? Oh whoops, he is still doing that. :alien: As for Duval, there is a thread on the switch here, but he is not playing Scratch wedges, which is kind of ironic since that is what everybody raves about.

not aware of him suing anyone but just looked it up. pathetic on his part. obviously staying sober, losing weight and taking the game more seriously is still a long way from needed reform. my bad on Duval, I am a big fan of his and he is not suing anyone is he? :)

Yeah, JD is a piece of garbage if you ask me based on the last 12 months alone, let alone the previous time. But strictly my opinion.

As for Duval. I heard he was suing Golden Corral for taking away his last plate. They said All You Can Eat, but did not expect him to eat his weight. :act-up:

I kid of course.

he is not missing too many meals but he seems to be getting his golf game back on track, finally qualified for the tour

I saw this news on the Bettinardi website. It's right on the front page so them must be pretty excited about it (which I find very interesting considering how bad he's been putting). http://www.bettinardi.com/

Just what Betti needs another clown!

I read somewhere that Brian Gay was one of the worst dressers on tour-voted by the players. I couldnt believe myself. It was bathroom reading so i flushed it
Another? Im guessing you dont like Brian Gay?

These bettis look sweet, cant wait to roll one myself

Another? Im guessing you dont like Brian Gay?

I do like Brian Gay... I was referring to clowns associated/employed by Bettinardi. :bicker:

I do like Brian Gay... I was referring to clowns associated/employees of Bettinardi. :bicker:

I see. I actually like them quite a bit. Different strokes for different folks I guess.

Something will happen..... a bridge will get burned..... :laughing:

Sorry you feel that way. Its been many years and we get along with Bob and the team quite well. But I guess for others, things have not gone as well.

just out of curiosity, why the 'hating' for the Bettinardi folks? this is an OEM that I typically do not hear a lot of negative vibes from or about as compared to others out there.
I do like Brian Gay... I was referring to clowns associated/employed by Bettinardi. :bicker:

Back