JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
I get a lot of questions about removing, changing and altering paint fill in clubs, so I thought I would start a thread. I will be doing some paint fill changes to some clubs coming up soon, but wanted to first show exactly what I use for my paint fill projects.

People always ask what type of paint to buy. While some use different methods like crayons and other tools, I prefer to use an enamel paint. I think the look is more professional and the durability is great. There are a lot of brands out there, but the one I seem to go with more than not is the brand called Testors. They are available at most hobby shops or craft stores and have a TON of colors.

1074474384_U8nn9-M.jpg

Here is a kit that I recently picked up that would make a good starter kit for people. The cost is about $10 and you get everything you would need.

8 Paints - Yellow, Gold, Red, Blue, Green, Silver, Black, White
Thinner - 1 bottle
Brush - A small thin brush

Between the colors here and the mixing and matching you can do, you could be set for good and like I said previously, the paint holds up really well.

1074474429_HXRC8-M.jpg

Some use a brush, others use a toothpick, and even more use other items to work with. I use a combination of things. The first thing that I have really fallen for, for these projects is a Paint Fill Bottle. You can pick them up online at stores such as Golf Works. Why do I like it? Because they are inexpensive at about $2 and dispense paint through a fine tipped needle. Paint is not included, but once you mix your color of choice, the filling part is a breeze and really makes it easy to get into those smaller engraved areas.

1074474456_rMPm3-M.jpg

Next up is the paint fill removal. I will get into the tools I use and other options as well as how to do it, coming up in the next post.

Hmmm, I was never interested in doing my own paint fill... until I just read this thread. haha

Now I'm VERY interested in doing my own... What a great thread idea! Looking forward to this diy.

Excellent, I was just wondering how you remove the paint. This is interesting to me. I cant wait to see more.

Testors paint, toothpicks, q-tips, paper towels, and acetone.... Cavities of putters can be a pain!

Might have to do some more work on my putter. Will be watching this one closely.

Could you redo the putter face? Example....

rossa_sp_fontana7_large.jpg

Some color polymers could be sprayed on insert... but those aren't home jobs I would attempt. The corner engraving would be very easy to change the paintfill.

Nice little set up of you have there. Thanks for sharing.

• Admin
Could you redo the putter face? Example....

rossa_sp_fontana7_large.jpg

You can, but it is not as easy with polymer faces. There are things that work, but not fun to use.

You can, but it is not as easy with polymer faces. There are things that work, but not fun to use.

damn, I would love to customize mine. Or send it to you so you could test on it...haha

damn, I would love to customize mine. Or send it to you so you could test on it...haha

have the shaft vibranted man!

have the shaft vibranted man!

I would if I can get the colors changed. I dont want red in it anymore.

I would if I can get the colors changed. I dont want red in it anymore.

well, it may be a project more suited for a professional homey. may want to look into that sort of thing. i'm sure it can be done but you ain't the handiest of handy's!

well, it may be a project more suited for a professional homey. may want to look into that sort of thing. i'm sure it can be done but you ain't the handiest of handy's!

Shut your mouth...have you seen the gate I made for my porch?

Shut your mouth...have you seen the gate I made for my porch?

hahaha! i won't go there. i'm sure with the right stuff you could take care of that insert. would you just strip and refill the coloring on the cavity?

This is cool. I have been thinking about customizing the paint fill on my Nike Method 001 but didn't know how to go about doing it. Once again JB starts a thread that Im sure many people were wondering how do I do that and JB tells you!!! I swear this guy has ESP most of the time ;)

This is cool. I have been thinking about customizing the paint fill on my Nike Method 001 but didn't know how to go about doing it. Once again JB starts a thread that Im sure many people were wondering how do I do that and JB tells you!!! I swear this guy has ESP most of the time ;)

Thank you for the kind words. If only I had those powers. The only ESP I have is for these three things.

1. UPS/Fedex will stop by our office today.
2. I will complain to GG that I want to eat real food.
3. That I think that the 2011 THP Demo Day & Golf Outing will be the best golf outing EVER assembled.

Outside of that, I am at a loss. But thank you again for the kind words.

Thank you for the kind words. If only I had those powers. The only ESP I have is for these three things.

1. UPS/Fedex will stop by our office today.
2. I will complain to GG that I want to eat real food.
3. That I think that the 2011 THP Demo Day & Golf Outing will be the best golf outing EVER assembled.

HAHA nice. I complain to my wife about #2 as well ;) And as for #3 I am still trying to figure out a way to make this work. But it will be a KILLER time!!

The paint fill on the CG15 is a complete pain to remove. Great thread BTW.

"TheDue is looking all over the house for anything to paint fill"

lol at Duey! I am racking my brain right now as well.

lol at Duey! I am racking my brain right now as well.

ha ha. I am looking for something to paint fill too.

Back