Golf Chick

Golf Fashionista
Reaction score
Handicap
Decreasing
Since we'll be going to San Francisco for the weekend and a few days :joy: we'll be playing with my aunt. She suggested Monarch Bay which is about 20 minutes away. I checked out their website, it looks quite nice. Has anyone played there?

Next week I'll post again with my thoughts on the course!

Thats awesome! Cant wait to see some pics!!!

Can't wait to see pics! Have a great time!

Hey, that's my home course! It's quite nice. It's links style. Lots of bunkers and more feskew than rough. But the fairways are pretty open. Par 3's are a good challenge with many guarding bunkers. Bunkers can be hard in the morning but soften out in the day. Nice fairways and some nice elevation changes. Greens roll true (most of the time). They have like 4 different tees to suit all handicaps. Par 3 10th and par 4 11th are usually scoring holes for me. Marshalls are very polite. Final thing you should know... This course is by the bay. It can get very very windy around noon time. Might want to try to keep the ball low. Other than that, you'll have a good time. Nothing spectacular, but still one of the nice challenges around.

Played it once. It was alright, nothing special. Like the others have said, most of the course is pretty open while maybe ~6 holes are so are tree lined? I recall a couple par-4s on the course that seemed really long at the time, but I had really poor control with woods at that time...this was more like 6+ years ago.

Either way, it's not the greatest in the SF-Bay Area, but I guess it's not too bad.

It's not a bad place. The greens roll pretty well.
I'd suggest a different course in San Rafael. Peacock Gap. It is semi-private, but welcomes all comers. It also has one of the nicest public grass ranges in the Bay Area. Play is never really slow there either and it's easy to get out for a round.

Just played a round today. It's my Aunt's home course!! The rough is really rough, I lost 2 golf balls in the rough :( only took 4 hours and we were lucky as we went out right before a tournament!! I kept hitting every single sand trap and the bunkers weren't easy to get out off. A few of the traps I ended up taking an extra stroke and playing it back of the bunker. No way could I get out of the bunkers with a high/hard edge when I was right at the edge. Great day for golf up in the bay area today!! It was warm :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

sounds great, i hope you took some pics for us.

So I lost 2 golf balls here :( If you hit it in the rough, just get out another ball, the rough is super thick and almost impossible to find your ball. I took a few pictures, it was a PERFECT day for golfing here on Monday!! Especially for mid-November, it was warm...

MB.jpg
If you can see in the background, that's the city of San Francisco. Its a little hard to tell, but its there :D Nice course...I didn't shoot so well, but it was just fun being out with my Aunt and taking in the view. I took a few more pictures, but I must have been in the sun because the pictures came out dark.

I just have to throw this picture in...absolutely gorgeous!!
GGB.jpg

Back