Is Anyone Else Just.... Depressed?

9-Iron Man

Exciting Times
Reaction score
Handicap
High
I don't know if it's the time change or the cold weather, I've been in a bit of a slump lately and it's really starting to wear me down. Anybody else got this going on, or better yet, got a way to bust this slump?

Read my mind! Something just seems off but I attribute it to the weather haha. I just find things that make me laugh really. Hang out with the fam, that normally helps a ton.

I'll say "Signs a person needs to move away from Canada, Alex"

Oh, this isn't Jeopardy? Yeah dude, you're bummin because of the weather and the time change both. I'm hating that it gets dark at 5:30 now and there is virtually no time to play golf after work right now. We're quickly running out of nice days here and soon I'll be in your boat. You're a die hard golfer living in Canada, that has to be worse torture than I feel living in South Dakota.

the problem is the THP outing is in May, which makes me depressed because it seems so far away.

I hate this time of year because it gets dark around 4:30, so when I get home I don't want to do anything other than get comfortable, eat dinner, and go to bed.

Oh, this isn't Jeopardy? Yeah dude, you're bummin because of the weather and the time change both. I'm hating that it gets dark at 5:30 now and there is virtually no time to play golf after work right now. We're quickly running out of nice days here and soon I'll be in your boat. You're a die hard golfer living in Canada, that has to be worse torture than I feel living in South Dakota.

The end of the golf season in Canada led me to find THP, too much shopping on Ebay and finding new projects to do... it's not all bad! Might not be saying the same thing come January though!

You can co-manage whoever Im playing this week in FF and then bust your slump with Team Slump Buster.

Yea, this time of the year sucks. The best cures are 1) Drinking 2) Buying golf equipment 3) both combined.

ROADHOUSE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Yea, this time of the year sucks. The best cures are 1) Drinking 2) Buying golf equipment 3) both combined.

going into winter sucks for all of us. sucks for me b/c all of my customers cut back on their spending until about mid february. i love not making money in the winter. days are shorter, golf conditions suck when you can get out there. i love college basketball, that and high life always helps.

i'd leave canada, that would be a good start.

Read my mind! Something just seems off but I attribute it to the weather haha. I just find things that make me laugh really. Hang out with the fam, that normally helps a ton.

I do like to laugh.... :D Probably won't see to much of the family until Christmas unfortunately...

I'm really starting to think that's what it is. I got spoiled going down to PGA back in Sept. Coming back to cold weather was not fun.

the problem is the THP outing is in May, which makes me depressed because it seems so far away.

I hate this time of year because it gets dark around 4:30, so when I get home I don't want to do anything other than get comfortable, eat dinner, and go to bed.

Got ya beat there.... it starts getting dark around 4. It seems earlier the past few days cause it's been super cloudy. That and it's snowing a bit here today too. Windy too. I've been inside all day, and I'm still chilled to the bone from walking from the car to the office this morning.

The end of the golf season in Canada led me to find THP, too much shopping on Ebay and finding new projects to do... it's not all bad! Might not be saying the same thing come January though!

If I did that, I'd be broke by the end of the month! I've got a problem with buying golf stuff.... I need help.

You can co-manage whoever Im playing this week in FF and then bust your slump with Team Slump Buster.

Tempting, but then I'd somehow have to keep up with all of that....

1) Good 2) Better 3) Broke :D

Why is there a SuperTri and new set of irons being delivered? Oh yeah.....

TC, don't think some of us aren't tempted!

going into winter sucks for all of us. sucks for me b/c all of my customers cut back on their spending until about mid february. i love not making money in the winter. days are shorter, golf conditions suck when you can get out there. i love college basketball, that and high life always helps.

i'd leave canada, that would be a good start.

It is so tempting right now! Unfortunately, I'd have to find another job.....

With you on this one. I have been feeling down for a couple of days now. It is my first winter in Oregon (moved from LA) and I have a feeling it is going to be a long one:crying:

we'd love to have you guys!!!! c'mon down

You wouldn't happen to be a business owner with job opening would ya? (Will work for golf) lol

You wouldn't happen to be a business owner with job opening would ya? (Will work for golf) lol

pfft! wrong guy brother! i wish, i'd hire someone who'd work for golf in a heartbeat!

i'm actually depressed thinking about how long it will be before I get to play again... I had just found some consistency in my short game and was making good strides on curing the slice in my driver... so now im afraid of where I'll be when things warm back up...

i'm actually depressed thinking about how long it will be before I get to play again... I had just found some consistency in my short game and was making good strides on curing the slice in my driver... so now im afraid of where I'll be when things warm back up...

I'm really worried about that too. In all likelihood, I won't get back onto a course until at the earliest mid March. That's a long ways to go.... I'm hopeful to find some indoor facilities, but they are few and far between...

at the very least you can putt and chip. have the missus caddy and get the balls for you too. keeps her involved too lol
I'm really worried about that too. In all likelihood, I won't get back onto a course until at the earliest mid March. That's a long ways to go.... I'm hopeful to find some indoor facilities, but they are few and far between...

at the very least you can putt and chip. have the missus caddy and get the balls for you too. keeps her involved too lol

Oh that's hilarious.... :alien:

maybe you have what i have
S.A.D.
seasonal affective disorder
this time of year is a real bummer for me since the fading light isnt exactly great for having S.A.D.

maybe you have what i have
S.A.D.
seasonal affective disorder
this time of year is a real bummer for me since the fading light isnt exactly great for having S.A.D.

Could be, but it's never been this bad before. I think it could just be golf withdrawl.

Not depressed, but a little (a LOT) irked at our appointment setters.

Rather, move further west. If you're willing to play in the rain sometimes, between Vancouver and Point Roberts GC you can pretty much play all year round. Granted, if you can't do the rain though, you would be screwed here to.

Rather, move further west. If you're willing to play in the rain sometimes, between Vancouver and Point Roberts GC you can pretty much play all year round. Granted, if you can't do the rain though, you would be screwed here to.

Rain doesn't really bother me, but I hate being wet. Plus the worst weather I've ever experienced was in Vancouver. I was there about 4 years ago in January and it rained/wet snowed the entire time I was there. After about a minute walking around outside I was soaked. Miserable weather. I do love the mountains though.

Back