Birdie Ball Putting Green Review

junior lefty

High School Golfer
Reaction score
Handicap
10.6 OOB
It finally came!!! After a week and a half of waiting, I found it waiting on my front porch. I ordered it two Fridays ago, they sent information to FedEx last Monday, and it finally shipped Monday. Of course it only took two days to ship instead of three. :D Oh, and don't worry, I'll be updating with pictures in a couple hours but right now I have homework. :angry:

First Impressions: When I first unrolled it, I immediately noticed the color. The whole thing was colored a nice semi dark shade of green. Not blue or only the top of the green like other videos indicate. I ordered the 9' by 16" and upgraded to 9' by 2' for free. I also noticed 12 free birdieballs, a big plus.

Unrolling: No problems here, almost completely rolled flat within two minutes with no weight on it and after about 30 minutes with weight it is flat!

Feel: It feels just a tiny bit plasticy (haha) but rolls true like a real practice green. A little faster than courses I'm used to (10-11 stimp).

Putting: My feet don't sink in much because I'm a junior. No bumps or creases everywhere. The cups are a minor issue but I already knew this. I ordered on the fifth of November and so I get new, interlocking cups that stick out of the ground. I've tried the yellow and black ones, but I decided not to put them in on hardwood. It sounds solid when it hits the ground and it doesn't bounce out much. Since I'm a "die in" putter, this helps me tell when I've have the perfect speed and it doesn't slide out. 9' is much longer in person than when you measure the floor.

For $40 including shipping, it is a great buy.

On to the Birdieballs. These things are amazing! :act-up:
I hit about 10 full wedge shots across the street and they drew just like my real ball does in real life. It also makes a cool turbine noise when you hit it. Maybe not worth $25 a dozen, but free is a great price. :wink:

All in all this is a great buy and I would suggest this product to anyone looking for a nice cheap putting green.

Don't worry, pictures are coming later today hopefully.

Junior

I am really interested in your thoughts on the putting surface. I have a CHEAPO felt model with the short incline at the end, and I HATE it! The putting surface always has kinks and irregularities in it. The stoopid electronic ball return only works if I plug an electrical cord into my son HAHA. I'm looking forward to your thoughts and pictures.

EDIT: Did you have a coupon code for the upgrade?

Junior
The stoopid electronic ball return only works if I plug an electrical cord into my son HAHA.
EDIT: Did you have a coupon code for the upgrade?
haha
I used the "ppuutt" upgrade in the comments section for a size upgrade. I also used "youtubebb" in the upgrade box. This gave me 15% off for about $33 plus shipping for a grand total of $39.98.
Unfortuanately my camera is out of battery so no pictures tonight. I have already marked 3' 4' and 5' marks with a tiny black dot that is impossible to see without looking for it. I really think that it is worth the money so far, and that's not even including the birdieballs. I was skeptic at first, but when I hit a wedge, it flew exactly like the real thing, only 50 yards shorter. They even feel like real golf balls.
I'll continue posting my thoughts as I keep on using this green and the birdieballs to.

Thanks for all the info!

haha
I used the "ppuutt" upgrade in the comments section for a size upgrade. I also used "youtubebb" in the upgrade box. This gave me 15% off for about $33 plus shipping for a grand total of $39.98.
Unfortuanately my camera is out of battery so no pictures tonight. I have already marked 3' 4' and 5' marks with a tiny black dot that is impossible to see without looking for it. I really think that it is worth the money so far, and that's not even including the birdieballs. I was skeptic at first, but when I hit a wedge, it flew exactly like the real thing, only 50 yards shorter. They even feel like real golf balls.
I'll continue posting my thoughts as I keep on using this green and the birdieballs to.

I know there are other reviews here for the birdie ball, that I have read and been imperssed by. I'll have to look arounf a little more for some on the putting mat.

Bump.

And now what you all have been waiting for... Pictures

The Box!!!
IMG_1067.jpg

First Glimpse, I love the green color
IMG_1068.jpg

5 minutes rolled out flat.
IMG_1069.jpg

IMG_1074.jpg

I don't use the cups.
IMG_1083.jpg

It's easy to make breaks with dirty clothes. It doesn't sink.
IMG_1085.jpg

IMG_1087.jpg

The color in daylight.
IMG_1091.jpg

If you have any questions just ask.

Ok, first, is there a grain to it? And second, what's your guess as far as speed (stimp)?

It is a 10-11 stimp. You can order it 8-9, 10-11, or 12-13. There is a grain but nothing falls off and makes a mess.

Does what you ordered putt pretty true to what you are used to playing on?
Does the grain affect the roll of the ball? Meaning direction (breaks)? Speed in one direction VS the other?
Does it lay nice and flat to the floor, or does it take on minor imperfections? I can putt down the hallway carpet of my house, but the ball will wander based on 10 years of foot traffic on the carpet.

It rolls the same like the nicer courses that I play at. My home course is slower.
You can sweep it toward the hole to make it faster or away from the hole to slow it down.
It rolls flat. It said after walking on it, though, the green becomes faster because the nubs of "grass" wear down. You can fix it by brushing it.

Hope this helped.

Thanks for the review on this, I have a perfect place for a little putting green, although I dont think my wife will like it. hehe

Thanks for the review on this, I have a perfect place for a little putting green, although I dont think my wife will like it. hehe

Go for it! She has the mannequin so you can roll out the putting green.

Go for it! She has the mannequin so you can roll out the putting green.

hahahaha...very very good point!!! I would put it about where you slept

hahahaha...very very good point!!! I would put it about where you slept

Hope you keep the putts straight or the area below the loft might become a hardhat zone.

Hope you keep the putts straight or the area below the loft might become a hardhat zone.

that would be hilarious...you have seen me putt, they always go straight... :)

that would be hilarious...you have seen me putt, they always go straight... :)

Hopefully someone didn't add some break to the loft when they crashed into the support beam. :laughing:

I'm thinking about one of these for myself as well as some birdie balls. I need something to practice that putting stroke on and the birdie balls sound like a great practice tool. Hmmm... I notice they'll work with my robocup as well. Christmas might just come early this year.

Hopefully someone didn't add some break to the loft when they crashed into the support beam. :laughing:

I'm thinking about one of these for myself as well as some birdie balls. I need something to practice that putting stroke on and the birdie balls sound like a great practice tool. Hmmm... I notice they'll work with my robocup as well. Christmas might just come early this year.

hahahaha, Ole SWFL...between my beem and the GPS unit on the cart that guy got 23 concussions this weekend.

Man, I have some birdie balls, I wish I had known, I would have let you hit them

Great info Lefty! I'm gonna have to consider this one.

That looks great for something I could put in the hallway. I will have to check into this!

I mean I putt in the hallway already. I see it not staying there with 1 and 3 yr old running around during the day though. It would probably end up in the bathroom or pantry with those 2!

Man, I have some birdie balls, I wish I had known, I would have let you hit them

For as much love as I hear for them, I'm pretty sure I can trust y'all. It's especially a good deal since the website says you get a free dozen with any putting green.

I' curious about how well this would hold up if rolled and unrolled regularly. With an old dog, that frequently has accidents inside, I wouldn't want it ruined. Plus the cat hair from my wifes cat would be a pain.

Has anyone seen reports on outdoor use?

It says that it soaks up water and is great for outdoor use. I haven't tried it so I'm not sure.
You could try putting it in a room with a door so the dog couldn't get in.

It says that it soaks up water and is great for outdoor use. I haven't tried it so I'm not sure.
You could try putting it in a room with a door so the dog couldn't get in.

I don't have a room:
A - that the dog and cat aren't allowed in
B - that is big enough

When I unrolled it the first time I was surprised. It rolled almost completely flat with no weight in two minutes. I'm sure it won't be a problem. Especially if you get the 9' by 2'. As long as you don't keep it too compressed for too long it should be fine. Even if it doesn't unroll at first there will be no permanent damage (it's foam.)

Back