Dubai World Championship [Spoilers]

TC

Keg Thrower
Reaction score
Handicap
is anyone else watching this? i've enjoyed the golf a lot so far and there's some incredible golfers at the top of the leaderboard. westwood has played well for two rounds, and it looks like graeme mcdowell wants to give the race to dubai bonus to martin kaymer.

i find it odd that there can be a golf course that green in the middle of the desert.

who's gonna win this one?

I think I read somewhere recently where golf course development in Dubai and China is where it is at right now. The game's numbers have become stagnant here in the states and developers are looking at alternatives more and more. It seems to ring true with the recent tournaments in both places.

Wish i was watching, thats for sure

nah, luke's not doing a whole lot and not getting any coverage.

i tell you the one guy that people just rarely mention as a possible major winner in 2011, or one of the better euros:

paul casey! i think he could win a major for sure, plus he's more of an american, lives over here, plays on the pga tour.

I was watching a bit of this last night. It's definitely got quite the field. Good golf too. I'd like to see Poulter or Casey pull through and win.

I'm going to have a few cheeky £'s on Poulter to win a major in 2011.

Great start & end to this season. Next season it might click in the middle too.

Should this tournament be called a "World Championship"? A lot of the best players in the "World" aren't there. Seems it should be called the European Tour Championship.

Kevin

I'm loving the tourney right now. Of course Poulter leading makes it even better.

Is anyone gonna be able to catch Poulter??

Those greens sound awful hard. I mean I know that the tours always play on harder, faster greens than you and I usually do but these seem extra ahrd. Anyone know much about this course?

Is anyone gonna be able to catch Poulter??

yep! karlsson and he are in a playoff (they keep playing the par 5 18th over and over)

Those greens sound awful hard. I mean I know that the tours always play on harder, faster greens than you and I usually do but these seem extra ahrd. Anyone know much about this course?

it's only a couple of years old. greg norman design. i still wonder how in the heck it's so green for being in the desert. it must be an oasis.

what a great tournament! i tell you what, they're some unbelievable talent and some great golf on the euro tour. i keep thinking about why so many of them are wanting to stay there as opposed to playing more on the PGA tour.

i found this article to be very interesting and thought i would share it:

http://www.thegolfchannel.com/tour-insider/little-brothers-grown-up-40462/

basically, there's a lot more money to be made here but some of the euros (martin kaymer) believe that the better golfers are over there. there's definitely more to it than we know imo. they're definitely making some sort of statement.

one thing the article highlighted: 3/4 major trophies and the Ryder Cup are all in the hands of euros. that's pretty solid!

one thing the article highlighted: 3/4 major trophies and the Ryder Cup are all in the hands of euros. that's pretty solid!

Last year only! And one of those 3/4's left the Euro Tour to play on the PGA Tour. And let us not forget that MANY of the Euros that were on said Ryder Cup team do NOT play on the Euro Tour. I read that article, but let's face it. What was Martin Kaymer going to say? That he chose to stay on the Euro Tour even though the PGA Tour has better talent top to bottom? He had no choice than to make the statement.

Like I said before, when PGA Tour members start to leave and head over to the Euro Tour, then it can be discussed. Until then, a guy that chooses to stay on his own tour, is not news.

Last year only! And one of those 3/4's left the Euro Tour to play on the PGA Tour. And let us not forget that MANY of the Euros that were on said Ryder Cup team do NOT play on the Euro Tour. I read that article, but let's face it. What was Martin Kaymer going to say? That he chose to stay on the Euro Tour even though the PGA Tour has better talent top to bottom? He had no choice than to make the statement.

Like I said before, when PGA Tour members start to leave and head over to the Euro Tour, then it can be discussed. Until then, a guy that chooses to stay on his own tour, is not news.

yeah, i agree with you and i would love to see more of these guys as regulars on the PGA. heck, look at IJP right now, he may be the most in form euro and he's a PGA tour regular. the fact that there's 100 million more dollars to be had on the PGA tour would steer me in that direction. i can admit that!

What a great tournament. Poulter had some steam coming out of his ears at the end lol. He lost because of the bad third shot though. Karlson was hitting that putt even if no penalty is called.

would you consider Rory McIlroy a PGA member that left? Played in 16 events on the PGA Tour, which I would think are more than the others we discussed

would you consider Rory McIlroy a PGA member that left? Played in 16 events on the PGA Tour, which I would think are more than the others we discussed

No. He wasnt.

Wow. I knew I shouldnt have come to this thread. Im watching it. lol
What a great tournament. Poulter had some steam coming out of his ears at the end lol. He lost because of the bad third shot though. Karlson was hitting that putt even if no penalty is called.

No. He wasnt.

fair enough! I wouldn't have considered him one either, just looking for other thoughts on the subject.

Anyone notice that after Poulter hit his 3rd shot on the 72nd hole, he immediately started walking to the green right in front of his playing partner, F Molinari, who still had to hit his shot. They both were in the fairway, maybe 10-15' from each other. Molinari must of had to wait until Poulter and his caddy got to the green to hit. Maybe I saw it wrong, but it seemed weird.

Back