Driver Heads in Different Colors

Esox

Reaction score
Handicap
I think OEMs should offer their driver models in a variety of colors. How hard could that be? I like navy blue. I also loved the copper color of the original TM Burner Bubble Titanium.

Cars, boats, clothes, gas ranges, carpeting, bicycles, and eyeglass frames are just a few of many things available in a variety of colors. I think it would be an option people would definitely exercise if it were offered. I'm surprised it isn't offered.

I should start a driver company.

Kevin

I like the idea Kevin. To play devil's advocate, look at what happened when it leaked that TaylorMade was releasing a white driver? The majority that golfs said "I would never play that". While some on tour have made a minor change in the perception, it is still a very traditional, stuffy game where golfers everywhere like black, khaki, gray, etc...Venturing out into the "bold" might not be cost effective for the OEMs based on early consumer feedback.

I don't know about colors... but I do like some of the subtle patterns... like the carbon fiber, or the honey comb looking patter on some drivers.

I think that would be a nightmare for retailers. Way to many combinations of specific color/shaft/degree to keep in stock.

I like the idea Kevin. To play devil's advocate, look at what happened when it leaked that TaylorMade was releasing a white driver? The majority that golfs said "I would never play that". While some on tour have made a minor change in the perception, it is still a very traditional, stuffy game where golfers everywhere like black, khaki, gray, etc...Venturing out into the "bold" might not be cost effective for the OEMs based on early consumer feedback.

Maybe an up charge of $20 to $40. The golfer that changes drivers like underwear wouldn't bat an eye. Of course, I have no idea what it was cost the manufacturers. There's a company that makes commercial style residential gas ranges ranges named Bluestar. They make a fantastic high power range they offer in a ton of colors for no extra charge, though they are still not well known in comparison to Viking or WOLF.

I think that would be a nightmare for retailers. Way to many combinations of specific color/shaft/degree to keep in stock.

They could have a variety of heads to look at. You'd order the driver. For instance, I like the look of the R-11 in white. I happen to think it would look great in dark blue. Like a Bears helmet.

Kevin

They could

I like the idea on paper. To me it's not very different from getting shafts customized, etc. The only difference is the decision is almost made for you by what the OEM's would carry, etc. No different than picking the color of a car

Back