Kmac

Banned
Reaction score
Handicap
I stopped in the Att store on my way home to complain about all the issues my iPhone 4 has and while there I checked out the Samsung Focus windows phone. I never liked the old windows mobile OS, it just sucked plain and simple. But WOW this blew me away. Looks even better then iOS and has some really cool features. I just may be jumping ship from the iPhone and soon.

Whats the point of this thread? hehe

Hold the phone there angry elf. There are no issues with the jesus phone. The IPhone is the perfect combination of awesomeness and incredible. If Pale Rider & Pale Rider had a child it would not be as awesome as the IPhone.

Well, except when its not. :alien:

I liked the new Windows phone. Not more than than Android and definitely not as much as the HTC EVO. But solid stuff. I still go back with all of it and say Google is taking over the world and they just have not made the same mistakes as others in getting it to the masses and getting it done right. Definitely a step in the right direction for Windows though.

I would have to agree with JB, my next phone will be an Android...no doubt

I would have to agree with JB, my next phone will be an Android...no doubt

But OEM has already had that. This is shiny and new. he will have this in the next 7 days.

LOL @ JB. Everyone's got their morning funny in working order!

I need to update to a smart phone but stupid verizon doesn't have the Iphone of course.

Im just saying, I was REALLY impressed and not just with the hardware. And the hardware was essentially the same as the Galaxy S phone, 4" screen, 1ghz proc, etc. But the OS was sharp. I was not expecting to see that at all. And if I were to get a phone right now, I would have left with the Windows phone. There just a lot of loose ends with Android still that I dont like. Bottom line is its good for the consumer and maybe Apple will actually wake up.

But OEM has already had that. This is shiny and new. he will have this in the next 7 days.

This weekend.

LOL @ JB. Everyone's got their morning funny in working order!

I need to update to a smart phone but stupid verizon doesn't have the Iphone of course.

Its coming dude. After the new year.

OEM, companies strive for people like this guy!

Isn't the EVO an Android OS?

Hold the phone there angry elf. There are no issues with the jesus phone. The IPhone is the perfect combination of awesomeness and incredible. If Pale Rider & Pale Rider had a child it would not be as awesome as the IPhone.

Well, except when its not. :alien:

I liked the new Windows phone. Not more than than Android and definitely not as much as the HTC EVO. But solid stuff. I still go back with all of it and say Google is taking over the world and they just have not made the same mistakes as others in getting it to the masses and getting it done right. Definitely a step in the right direction for Windows though.

I've had a few of the Windows phones from Samsung and just from past performance I will never own another. I don't care how much they tweek the OS the fact remains true that you can't make chicken salad out chicken :poop:

Im just saying, I was REALLY impressed and not just with the hardware. And the hardware was essentially the same as the Galaxy S phone, 4" screen, 1ghz proc, etc. But the OS was sharp. I was not expecting to see that at all. And if I were to get a phone right now, I would have left with the Windows phone. There just a lot of loose ends with Android still that I dont like. Bottom line is its good for the consumer and maybe Apple will actually wake up.

what dont you like about the Droid?

My problem with Apple at this point is they are making faulty hardware (iPhone 4) and not improving or moving iOS forward. Its still the same thing with minor enhancements. While thats good, I want to see major improvements. What I saw in WP7 is where Apple should have been going.

Android is good, really good but still needs polish. I expect it will get nothing but better and really fast too. Its Google.

My problem with Apple at this point is they are making faulty hardware (iPhone 4) and not improving or moving iOS forward. Its still the same thing with minor enhancements. While thats good, I want to see major improvements. What I saw in WP7 is where Apple should have been going.

Android is good, really good but still needs polish. I expect it will get nothing but better and really fast too. Its Google.

I agree with everything you said.

Isn't the EVO an Android OS?

I've had a few of the Windows phones from Samsung and just from past performance I will never own another. I don't care how much they tweek the OS the fact remains true that you can't make chicken salad out chicken :poop:

I had them too. This is nothing like that. Check it out and you'll see what I mean. Its like a combination or Android and Apple. Sort of. But I know what youre saying, I had them too and said the same thing. But this is different.

I will check out the Windows phone sometime soon. I have had phones with Palm OS, Blackberry OS.

I just upgraded to the EVO 4G and in the few weeks that I have had it, it is pretty awesome.

I have yet to have any problems, but we shall see what a longer period of ownership brings...

I like the concept of a Windows OS phone, except for the fact that i really dont like Windows that much...

I loooooved the Windows 7 OS. Fluid and very simple yet engaging. Im "gaming" the 3gs right now. Almost made the switch last weekend. Not a fan of ATT android. Only because its somewhat restricted compared to other carriers. Not much really just the fact it is, kinda irks me. Its a good platform just not for me. For whatever reason Im waiting for the next great Blackberry.

If not Ill probably be windows 7 soon.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The good thing about the Windows phone is its really not windows. Its a whole new mobile OS. I really liked it and I agree yoccos, Att really doesnt have any good Android phones. They blow compared to what Verizon has and Sprint.

I think most of the iPhone, Android and other phone issues are because of ATT. They are still struggling to meet the iPhone demand of bandwidth. If they ever could get on top of this, I think more features would be offered through the phones.

True, a co-worker just purchased a Samsung droid from ATT, darn thing doesn't even have a flash.

The good thing about the Windows phone is its really not windows. Its a whole new mobile OS. I really liked it and I agree yoccos, Att really doesnt have any good Android phones. They blow compared to what Verizon has and Sprint.

I think most of the iPhone, Android and other phone issues are because of ATT. They are still struggling to meet the iPhone demand of bandwidth. If they ever could get on top of this, I think more features would be offered through the phones.

This may be true. Well, their wish will come true as soon as the iPhone hits Verizon and half of Att's customers jump ship. Hello bogged down "the Network".

People buy phones from the cell providers still? I thought the US was the king of getting unlocked phones and jumping to whatever carrier you want.

I still love my Nexus, it's been very good to me. Then again I've also done some things to the OS and customized everything up the wazoo but still

This may be true. Well, their wish will come true as soon as the iPhone hits Verizon and half of Att's customers jump ship. Hello bogged down "the Network".

Yeah I think "the Network" is going to take a beating once the iPhone goes to Verizon. I hope it does so I can have more of the ATT network to myself!! HAHA

Last edited:
Yeah I think "the Newtwork" is going to take a beating once the iPhone goes to Verizon. I hope it does so I can have more of the ATT network to myself!! HAHA

Thats what Im counting on too lol and then listen to all the Verizon people complain about dropped calls etc haha

Back