2010 Chevron World Challenge [Spoilers]

TC

Keg Thrower
Reaction score
Handicap
will tiger win?

it should be interesting. this is one of my favorite events. small, stacked field!

We had an interesting conversation last night at dinner. Myself, GG, a friend from TGC, and a friend from NBC Sports all were talking about this event over dinner in a lot of detail. Here is a question as well. Should a field like this have world ranking points? We were pretty split on our views.

We had an interesting conversation last night at dinner. Myself, GG, a friend from TGC, and a friend from NBC Sports all were talking about this event over dinner in a lot of detail. Here is a question as well. Should a field like this have world ranking points? We were pretty split on our views.

that is a good question. i honestly don't have an answer right now, i need to ponder that one for a bit.

I don't think it should. Benefits too few golfers (small field)

I don't think it should. Benefits too few golfers (small field)

it is a small field but it's a stacked one.

are there world golf ranking points affiliated with the ryder cup?

it is a small field but it's a stacked one.

are there world golf ranking points affiliated with the ryder cup?

No, but that is because it is not an individual tournament.

That's a good question JB, did it prompt a lot of debate or was everyone pretty much in agreement?

That's a good question JB, did it prompt a lot of debate or was everyone pretty much in agreement?

I think at first we were all pretty split. But then someone had to go bring logic into the debate and I think most then were in agreement.

I think at first we were all pretty split. But then someone had to go bring logic into the debate and I think most then were in agreement.

Logic! There's always one..... :wink:

Personally, I don't think it's fair to offer ranking points for this tournament....unless there's a more open field in a competing tournament this week, offering a similar amount.

To me, its just like a WGC event, just more concentrated.

But the WGC was formed to bring all tours together. This is not the same animal. Only 18 guys have a shot at points here and its not as if the rankings played a role in who qualifies completely.

i can see both sides to both arguments. it's a stacked field, albeit a small one. it's gonna take some stellar golf to walk away with this trophy. i love this!

Good call. Didnt know that. If it did, Sean Ohair wouldnt be there, would he? lol
But the WGC was formed to bring all tours together. This is not the same animal. Only 18 guys have a shot at points here and its not as if the rankings played a role in who qualifies completely.

If you're going to ask whether this tournament deserves world ranking points, you should also ask why the Nedbank Challenge in South Africa also gets world ranking points. It is being played this week as well (Westwood is in the field), and only has 12 PLAYERS! That field is pretty strong, but the number of players is pretty low. The European Tour's World Match Play tournament has had world ranking points attached to it for years, and it only has had 16 players, although that number is going up to 24 players next year.

Also, one thing about Tiger's tournament: in order to get world ranking points attached, everyone in the field has to be in the top 50 already. Top 50 is usually the cutoff for the majors, WGC events, etc. So really, it's the top guys benefitting from the system, and it's not like a guy outside of the top 50 can use this week to jump into the top 50 with an unfair advantage playing a smaller field over other guys. The tournament has a strong field, why not give it world ranking points? The rankings need to be revamped anyways, but that's an entirely different discussion.

If you're going to ask whether this tournament deserves world ranking points, you should also ask why the Nedbank Challenge in South Africa also gets world ranking points. It is being played this week as well (Westwood is in the field), and only has 12 PLAYERS! That field is pretty strong, but the number of players is pretty low. The European Tour's World Match Play tournament has had world ranking points attached to it for years, and it only has had 16 players, although that number is going up to 24 players next year. .

We discussed this exact thing last night.

i honestly don't even care. the system itself is so flawed and screwed up that it doesn't really matter to me.

Theres golf going on during football??

Theres golf going on during football??

Just for you....

Spoiler
Theres football going on in this Cowboys game?

I kid because I care...HA!

lol... I love you guys! :drinks: Its Thursday btw.

The cowboys have a football team?

I hope TW wins this evetn, I really wanna see that guy come back and come back strong. Yeah he screwed up, but to m, its over.

Samezys, or Lukey D

I will pass on Lukey D....I would like to see Ricky Barnes just go off this year. He played very consistant last year.

Back