Golf Digest article on Golfball Test... question for anyone who knows...

Spicy Squid

Reaction score
Handicap
There was an article in the most recent Golf Digest. Giving stats on a 90 mph driver swing - that the TOUR ball with 4 layers, had a lot less spin off the driver (in the 1900s) versus the less expensive 3 piece (non-tour) ball and the bargain 2 piece ball. BUT... the tour ball ALSO had more wedge spin (not a lot more, but more).

My driver swing is about 94 mph or so. So I'm looking for some advice here, as my golfball tech knowledge is non-existent. If I'm very confident from 130 yards and in... and confident in my irons, in general... but want to mitigate the odd slice off the drive, is this article suggesting a tour ball would help with this more than the less expensive balls?? I'm reading into the fact that their test showed LESS spin off the drive of a TOUR ball (than the other balls)... and less spin off the drive = mitigation of a slice/hook??

I currently play the E6 bridgestone.

Thanks.

YOu are relating less spin to less hook or slice when in actuality in most cases they are referring to backspin.

There is an easy way to fix this. Click the yellow banner above you and chat with the B-Fit expert and they will get you all squared away.

Ah! I should've known. Thanks! I did talk to their experts (twice now). E6 was suggested, along with the B330 RX (once I start feeling more confident and start looking for more short game spin). Pretty brilliant marketing on their part... all around. Highlighting that anti-side spin layer speaks volumes to a lot of people I know. I wonder why it doesn't seem like more people make that their lead point... its usually more subtle, like with the NXTs, Gamers, or the Nike Vapors.

Thanks again.

Back