Limited Edition Phil Mickelson Odyssey

I would have to pass on this one I think. Lots of putters out there for this price point that i would buy first.

I wouldn't buy it with someone else's money. I have no issue with Phil, in fact I kind of like him, but I don't see him as one of the games great putters. Even if he was, that wouldn't mean the putter would be worth a darn to my game. And as a 1-of-3000, I don't consider it a collectible.

Prob not for that price

I don't always post remotely but when I do, I use Tapatalk.

I

Sean is correct. Why pay that kinda' money for a Phil putter when you can work with guys like Gene or Kari and have a putter built the way you want it.

Because some people really like the Odyssey insert. Gene or Kari cannot do that.

Because some people really like the Odyssey insert. Gene or Kari cannot do that.

i kind of agree here. as an insert guy, odyssey has one that is special.

i'm confused by all the sentiments in this thread of "i wouldn't have it b/c phil's not a good putter". what does that have to do with anything? and he has his moments. you don't win multiple major championships and 30+ PGA events b/c you're a terrible putter. he just gets cold. again, no one would ever mention Tiger being a poor putter yet his putter has failed him all year. heck, he doesn't even know what putter to put in the bag. just food for thought. anyone who likes a heel shafted putter would be all over one of these (if money were no object). let's be honest, a lot of the popularity for the heel shafted trend is b/c Phil uses one, imo.

I was able to roll this specific putter the other day in our shop. all I can say is that it inspires zero confidence for me. I didn't like that shape back in the day and it does nothing for me now. I don't get the warm and fuzzies over the insert but I have very specific likes regarding the feel and sound coming off the face. honestly....the only way I would have a limited edition Phil Mickelson putter is if the man gave it to me himself. and then he'd have to sign the grip or something.

I was able to roll this specific putter the other day in our shop. all I can say is that it inspires zero confidence for me. I didn't like that shape back in the day and it does nothing for me now. I don't get the warm and fuzzies over the insert but I have very specific likes regarding the feel and sound coming off the face. honestly....the only way I would have a limited edition Phil Mickelson putter is if the man gave it to me himself. and then he'd have to sign the grip or something.

i guess the odyssey insert isn't for everyone. it's vastly different than the agsi insert imo. the agsi is beginning to grow on me for sure. if phil mickelson were to hand me this putter and sign the grip, i might faint.

you and me both re: Philly.

I have yet to find an insert that gives the feel that a milled face does. Im tempted to roll the method that stares at me every day.....I don't want to believe the hype but hey....you get bored....and it's RIGHT there.

you and me both re: Philly.

I have yet to find an insert that gives the feel that a milled face does. Im tempted to roll the method that stares at me every day.....I don't want to believe the hype but hey....you get bored....and it's RIGHT there.

i can't comment too much about milled face putters as i have little experience with them. i often wonder what i'm missing out on, but then again, i think i'm too far down the road with inserts at this point. even my favorite seemore putter has an insert, lol.

I fell off the milled wagon for awhile back in 2006/2007. I putted with inserts and mallets and whatever else i could get my hands on. major putting woes. nothing seems to help so I went back to basics. I went back to the same putter I used a a junior and went to see a teacher. he had me read a book and do the same drills i did as a kid.

I never looked back. I guess imma need to get my hands on some redwoods so I can test the waters....for real this time. dayum. I hate change.

If I had won this PM putter in a contest, it would no doubt be shipped to North Carolina for my buddy (TC)s Christmas present :thumb::present:

I fell off the milled wagon for awhile back in 2006/2007. I putted with inserts and mallets and whatever else i could get my hands on. major putting woes. nothing seems to help so I went back to basics. I went back to the same putter I used a a junior and went to see a teacher. he had me read a book and do the same drills i did as a kid.

I never looked back. I guess imma need to get my hands on some redwoods so I can test the waters....for real this time. dayum. I hate change.

the redwood series is pretty nice. had my first hands on experience with them this past monday and they won't disappoint. i've always loved the feel of the odyssey tour black #9, but speed was always an issue. the redwoods feel incredible, not quite as soft as the odyssey for me, but really nice. i just couldn't stop blistering putts by the hole (i'm sure tons of it is user error)

If I had won this PM putter in a contest, it would no doubt be shipped to North Carolina for my buddy (TC)s Christmas present :thumb::present:

thanks dude, i'd gladly take it too!

i guess the odyssey insert isn't for everyone. it's vastly different than the agsi insert imo. the agsi is beginning to grow on me for sure. if phil mickelson were to hand me this putter and sign the grip, i might faint.

Lmao you Lefty homer.

This post has been approved by OEM Kevin

i can't comment too much about milled face putters as i have little experience with them. i often wonder what i'm missing out on, but then again, i think i'm too far down the road with inserts at this point. even my favorite seemore putter has an insert, lol.

I was just trying to stir the pot a bit with Phil by starting the thread, lol. As far as inserts, there's no doubt in my mind that Odyssey has as good an insert as you can find, I have one myself. I like Phil and pull for him, but can't call myself anymore a hugh fan of his anymore than Tiger or several others, just time to see them get strong against the over sea's crowd. As far as the putter, Odyssey makes some great looking stuff, what happened here, lol?

Looks like a field hockey stick to me, so ......no.

I like the look of this putter but I find the odyssey putters to have to hot an insert. Milled faces I'm not a huge fan of either, for me its about finding a putter with the right face for you and then never letting it go.

Lets keep this about the Odyssey putter at hand. If someone wants to talk about other limited putters or putter lines, please use an appropriate thread or start a new one. Thank you.

I didn't read all the posts in this thread (for shame I know) but I would LOVE to own, and I would game, one of these putters.

I am in line for a new putter and I love the odyssey insert, and I love the 8802 style. I have an old Wilson Staff 8813, that has to be at least 30 years old, and I love that too. So it will either be this putter, the Gambler or if I decide to go cheap (but still awesome), one of the Cleveland Classics. All the same heel shafted design.

If I could afford it, I'd buy this and nearly every other putter out there.

Then I'd be satisfied.

(Choke, cough, gasp, wheeze.)

My buddy says these look terrible in person. I haven't seen it though.

What does he say looks terrible? Shape? Finish? Insert?

Can someone remind me if Phil is actually using an insert putter of this shape now. I thought his putter has this shape but is not an insert or at least wasn’t an insert at the beginning.

I can’t deal with the shape and the transition from shaft to head. Funny though I always thought it looked really odd even in Phil’s hand’s until he got into address and there at least with him it looks much more natural. That is not to see that it is a good looking putter at that point but it at least seems to fit his address position and putting style and looks like a natural extension of his arms at that pont.

Like I said though I don’t remember his putter being an insert. I guess insert or no I don’t think it would change whether or not I would own one or want one.

Back