Battle of the Rickie/Ricky

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
A little game of Over/Under with a twist.

Who will have more PGA Tour wins in 2011. Rickie Fowler or Ricky Barnes? And why?

I'm going to go with Rickie Fowler. I think he'll have more momentum going into the new year than Barnes. Barnes has been off the map for quite a while now.

RF will have more than RB and the reason is Rickie Fowler to me, has his "A" game ready to break through big time for 2011.

Ooh, that's a tough one. My heart says Barnes, but I don't think that is what will happen. My guess is that the answer is: Fowler with one win.

Oh this is a good one. Rickie Fowler has such talent and I do see him winning in 2011. Ricky Barnes has shown some great talent too however he seems to have trouble showing up on Sunday. If I had to pick right now I would say Fowler but I wouldn't doubt that Barnes gets a lot of face time on the weekends in 2011.

i'm gonna have to go with the young fowler on this one. here are my reasons why:

1. i think rick-with an ie is much more consistent. he proved that in his rookie year, something that isn't necessarily easy to do
2. he now has some phenomenal experience. i think getting that 1/2 a point in the RC singles was huge
3. he's much more adept to the spotlight
4. i think he has more control over his golf ball. he's pretty accurate and he has the length.

Mr Fowler IMO. As TC said, he handles the spotlight well. The kid is tough and will get stronger as he goes.

Going to have to put my vote on the Fowler boy. I like and root for Mr. Barnes but it just seems he looses it upstairs in the later rounds. Fowler seems to have more of the younger generations GO FOR IT attitude. That being said it looked like he couldn't care less about his performance at the Shark Shootout. But maybe he'll care a bit more in the big tourneys.

But still.....go Barnes!

I'm gonna keep the Fowler bandwagon going. As has been mentioned, Westwood Barnes tends to not bring his game on Sundays. I'd like to see Fowler win a couple of times. I'd also like him to start color coordinating and wearing caps that fit him. And remember, it's OK to wear caps with curved bills!

Let me play devil's advocate for a second here. People are talking about young Rickie as if he has shown he can handle the big Sunday pressure in a PGA Tour event. I think we saw him have that chance this year and it did not come to fruition. Ricky on the other hand has also seen his struggles on Sunday, but has been tested on Sundays in a major in contention.

I think this could go either way. I think they both get 1 win this year and one of them could possibly win a second...Hmmmm.

I think both of them have fairly unorthodox swings that could potentially prove to provide some wildly inconsistent swings throughout a year and, on the flipside, have some really "on" moments. With that said, I would have to go with Fowler, as he appears to have more control with his swing than Barnes. And, based solely on anecdotal evidence, it appears Fowler may "want it" more.

ROOKIE OF THE YEAR, BABY!!! That is all I have to say.

I am gonna go with Ricky Barnes. he was pretty consistant last year and I think he will step it up to the next level this year

Barnes can't hang week in and week out. Sure he can throw a good event up here and there but in order to be considered a legit contender on the PGA Tour you have to be able to bring it each and every week. Rickie Fowler is going to win a lot and soon, no doubt about it.

I'm going with Richard Barnes.

1. I like him.
2. Cool dude.
3. I just have this feeling he is about to bust out. He is poised to make a big run.

I'm actually not sold on Fowler. I like him but I think Barnes is going to come out swinging. Fowler to me has some more time before he really starts to win a bunch of tournaments.

Yes I'm a homer and probably can't see the truth but I'd bet on Barnes over Fowler.

Barnes can't hang week in and week out. Sure he can throw a good event up here and there but in order to be considered a legit contender on the PGA Tour you have to be able to bring it each and every week. Rickie Fowler is going to win a lot and soon, no doubt about it.

You sure about that?

Played Cuts Made 1st 2nd 3rd Top 10 Top 25
28 20 -- 2 1 7 10

28 23 -- -- 1 6 9

Fowler on top (rows get screwed up)

JB makes a good point. young fowler had a chance and imo he lost that tourny by laying up on a par 5. he goes for it, gets up and down in 2 and he wins that tourny. he didn't hit a terrible shot, or put up a +par final round.

i like both as well, but i see fowler having more opportunities. it's fine to make cuts, but being in contention is a whole nother ball game.

You sure about that?

Played Cuts Made 1st 2nd 3rd Top 10 Top 25
28 20 -- 2 1 7 10

28 23 -- -- 1 6 9

Fowler on top (rows get screwed up)
You would have to go pull stats. Stats are for losers, just like Ricky Barnes. He might have beat my boy Hunter Mahan in the U.S. Amateur many moons ago but we all know that's it for that goofy smiling SOB!

Reactions: TC
You would have to go pull stats. Stats are for losers, just like Ricky Barnes. He might have beat my boy Hunter Mahan in the U.S. Amateur many moons ago but we all know that's it for that goofy smiling SOB!

love it! and i agree. watching ricky barnes throw away the US Open puts him in a league of choker below lee westwood, and DJ is in there with him.

If people on here did not know you, that would have been an even more ridiculous post than it was.

Westwood still chokes more. Long live Ricky Barnes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

love it! and i agree. watching ricky barnes throw away the US Open puts him in a league of choker below lee westwood, and DJ is in there with him.

How? Westwood has a handful! Young Barnes has only done it once.

Westwood still chokes more. Long live Ricky Barnes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

How? Westwood has a handful! Young Barnes has only done it once.

how many times has westwood gone into the final round of a major w/the lead?

and oh yeah, slap nick watney in the basement w/DJ and Ricky!

Back