Callaways 2011 Razr Hawk Lineup

CharlieMoy

Reaction score
Handicap
Dice
Well this one has intrigued me quite a bit to be honest.

6a00d8341caaef53ef0148c6b25b24970c-320wi

productoverview_razr.jpg

Callaway-RAZR-Hawk-Driver-1.jpg

"A chemical milling process in the Callaway RAZR Hawk Driverselectively removes excess material for precision thickness control across the face to produce consistently high ball speeds for long distance."

"The RAZR Hawk Driver has streamlined surface contours to reduce energy loss from drag during the downswing by 43% compared to the FT-9 Driver. This creates higher impact speeds for added distance."

"RAZR Hawk Drivers have the RAZR Weighting System; Draw and Neutral configurations allows golfers to choose the model that works best with their ball flight. Select models offer either Draw or Neutral configurations."

"The RAZR Hawk Driver has an Aldila RIP Graphite Shaft with optimized torque and flex characteristics for better tip stability with great predictability, smooth feel and excellent control."

What do you guys think?

Looks a lot like the FT-Tour....but definitely intrigued by it

How does this differ from the Octane??
It looks neat, I wonder what the crown looks like.

"Chemical Milling" sounds sketchy to me, I dont think of precision when I hear chemical lol

My my, the RIP shaft is becoming QUITE popular, isn't it.

I like the looks of these drivers. They are the replacement of the FT series.

i think it looks sharp. i get tired of the names and whatnot, RAZR HAWK! sounds like some nasty prehistoric bird.

Despite the excellent use of my surname, RAZR HAWK is a horrible name for a golf club. Maybe for a adult actor or an 80's throwback band, but not for a driver.

Lol... The name makes me cringe too. Works for some though. I love the look of the FW but not the driver. Stock RIP (if its real deal) is an awesome shaft to start with. Very good feeling shaft imo.

Yeah, not real big on the name either. Maybe... Ebon Hawk? But I guess that would lead to both copyright and model name continuity issues.

Pretty nice looking but I'll admit it doesnt have the wow factor of the Taylor Made SF 2.0

Yep, the name does NOT do it for me. When I think RAZR, I think cut, slice. And I DON'T need more slice!!! LOL.

I always think of those little scooters, werent they called Razr too?

I think of the cell phone that was $300 when it first came out and then was BOGO within 9 mos
Yep, the name does NOT do it for me. When I think RAZR, I think cut, slice. And I DON'T need more slice!!! LOL.

What is the preference for most out here. The Octane series or the Razr series?

I dont think I could honestly answer that without seeing the the Razr Hawk in hand. Isnt this the replacement for the FT Tour driver?

If I had to choose Octane. And that is just based off of looks alone. I hit the Octane and to be quite honest, wasn't all that impressed. Once I have a chance to hit the Razr I will have a better idea haha.

One thing that is really killing it for me, is the name of line. Stupid I know, but it's the honest truth.

Going strictly by looks, the Razr Hawk. Curious to see if there is a big difference in performance between the 2

Tapatalk, it's not for everyone

I dont think I could honestly answer that without seeing the the Razr Hawk in hand. Isnt this the replacement for the FT Tour driver?

i believe the Razr Hawk is the FT series replacement. i'd have to hit them before i could give an honest answer but i quite liked the octane myself. however, i also liked the FT-9 and the FT tour when i demo'd them. Callaway's drivers have been great as of late.

i will say this, the 2011 THP driver shootout is gonna be awesome! between these, the R11 and Superfast 2.0, the Zstar and the Ultralites, and perhaps the 910 (if you get one), man oh man! that's a heck of a lineup.

i must also say that the callaway ads on the site are slick! as a digital advertising guy, i like them. i like that when i click it it takes me directly to the Octane page and not their homepage. i love looking at specs and stuff.

i must also say that the callaway ads on the site are slick! as a digital advertising guy, i like them. i like that when i click it it takes me directly to the Octane page and not their homepage. i love looking at specs and stuff.

It probably wont happen, but I keep thinking how sick would the Razr Hawk look in all white with grey accents? Mmmm driver pron

If I had to pick, it would be the Octane.

if I had to pick it wouldn't be anything Callaway but that's definitely a minority opinion.

And these are on their way to THP.

Back