Body rising on backswing, going down on downswing

hammerheel

Reaction score
Handicap
My scores were lowering by the day and then then I got the vertical sway disease (VSD). I'm on life support and need some guidance. On my backswing, my body rises and on the downswing it falls even lower. I attribute this to my pathetic ball striking and it has been the death of me. If any of you golf surgeons could offer me some advice I'd be most grateful. How do I stop from doing this? Thank you so much.

Down the Line
Face On

Hammerheel, I am not able to open your links I my work computer. I will try to get online at home and view the swing. The cure to VSD can be very simple. The move you are talking about is the loss of spine angle at the top of the swing. To bring this back we need to get you the feel of maintaining your posture. Try this at home. Place a club across your shoulders in your normal setup. Turn to the top of your back swing and where does your club point? I am guessing the club is pointing well out away from you. Now on your next attempt try to get your club to point down to the ball or target line. You will notice your front shoulder needs to drive down towards your back knee during the entire back swing. This is the feel you need to get when hitting the ball. Try this out and see if this gets you back to where you want to be and cures the VSD.

Back