Over/Under in 2011 Jeff Overton

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Another game of over/under. Jeff Overton made news last year in both the good and the bad way, but many remember him from BOOM BABY at the Ryder Cup.

His 2011 started out with a sponsor change to Cleveland which he says he is enjoying quite a bit right now.

With that said, Over or Under .5 win in 2011 and why?

what? .5? really? EASILY over!

Over all the way. He seems to be playing a lot better so far this year and I think Cleveland suits his game. Boom Baby, I'm sure was a huge confidence booster.

I would also say over, just a feeling that he will get a win...

Under, no wins but a lot of top 10's. He has to prove he can win before you can say he will.

He seems to be knockin on the door. I bet the Mashie single-handedly wins him a tourney lol.

If he can get his head sorted out, I say Over.

Over. I have think that he will come through on one of those events right after a major, when most of the field is taking a break. He is a good golfer, he just needs a confidence booster like Texas Open or Wyndham.

Under, no wins but a lot of top 10's. He has to prove he can win before you can say he will.

thats kind of a funny comment. so, if he had 1 win last year you would say over?

I'm going for under, I like playing long odds

I say under. He's a solid player, but the field is going to stay very tough and he seems, IMO, to lock up towards the end.

he almost had a win last year which in my opinion he didnt choke. he just got outplayed with someone shooting a 59. did he handle it properly? nope!

he almost had a win last year which in my opinion he didnt choke. he just got outplayed with someone shooting a 59. did he handle it properly? nope!

Yeah, I was trying to remember the field in that one and just can't. He played well in it, but how strong was the tournament? I just remember his putt, lol.

Yeah, I was trying to remember the field in that one and just can't. He played well in it, but how strong was the tournament? I just remember his putt, lol.

I dont remember the strength of the field but lets be honest...doesnt matter who was playing when someone drops a 59 on day 4. I remember his putt as well, I am sure he regrets that reaction. I do stupid things on the course but I dont have a camera crew filming every move.

thats kind of a funny comment. so, if he had 1 win last year you would say over?

For me yes. I know it sounds funny but I think you have to learn how to close out a tournament and win. He could do it this year and by no means do I think he choked last year but, yes if he had won last year and I would have said over this year.

For me yes. I know it sounds funny but I think you have to learn how to close out a tournament and win. He could do it this year and by no means do I think he choked last year but, yes if he had won last year and I would have said over this year.

I understand! the comment itself just read funny

I say he skims himself to a win this year.

I dont remember the strength of the field but lets be honest...doesnt matter who was playing when someone drops a 59 on day 4. I remember his putt as well, I am sure he regrets that reaction. I do stupid things on the course but I dont have a camera crew filming every move.

Don't get me wrong, I'm for him to win. We need this kind of talent and I think he has plenty, heck I have him on my team this week. But, I'm betting he has a great year without a win.

under....gear change may not benefit him

I dig me some Overton, he's my little brother, but I'm taking the under. Being consistent and knocking on the door is just not winning. I'm curious to see how he handles being in contention, but I think he may melt a little bit, especially b/c he'll want it so bad. I hope I'm wrong.

Really resisting some good jokes over here.

Get your sock head out of the gutter, I'm being serious here.

heheheheheh

Im going under too. Until he proves he can bring it for four days and not one or two its under.

Back