Farmers Insurance Open [SPOILERS]

GolferGal

Chick Norris
Boss Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Handicap
Golf
This week the PGA Tour is heading to Torrey Pines. Will Dustin Johnson be over his "family issues" and bring it at a course he is known to dominate? And the even bigger question....will Tiger Woods start off 2011 with a win? Anything can happen this week. My guess is that this is going to be an exciting week of golf!

Go Tiger.

Tiger for the win! I'm glad Mickelson is playing in it too, I wasn't so sure he'd make it but he'll be there. Great event this week!

Well, it is almost impossible to do worse than I did this past week, so I am looking forward to a chance for redemption. I imagine DJ & TW will be on almost all of the picks.

Tiger for the win! I'm glad Mickelson is playing in it too, I wasn't so sure he'd make it but he'll be there. Great event this week!

Wait, I just listened to Up & Down w/ Jake & Lefty and I could have sworn that you said he wouldn't win. LIES!

Wait, I just listened to Up & Down w/ Jake & Lefty and I could have sworn that you said he wouldn't win. LIES!
You probably also heard Lucas say that the Jake on the radio show and Puttin4Bird on the forum are two vastly different characters. I do hope he wins, but having to pick like that I just couldn't bring myself to pick him and try to come up with an educated statement as to why I feel that way.

• Admin
Well, it is almost impossible to do worse than I did this past week, so I am looking forward to a chance for redemption. I imagine DJ & TW will be on almost all of the picks.

I have a feeling they will too. I can assure you, however, that DJ will not be in my lineup. I know he plays this course well but I just have a feeling his head isn't on straight right now.

Go Tiger.

That is all.

Go Tiger!!!

This week will be interesting as I have a feeling there will be a lot of "standard" picks. If these guys don't do great, I can see someone who went a little out of the box winning the money ranking for this week as a lot of people will have the same picks.

I will be attending the final day,my first time at a P.G.A event so I'm excited.

So, are none of the big name Euro's playing? No GMac? No McIlroy? No Westwood or Poulter?

I have a feeling they will too. I can assure you, however, that DJ will not be in my lineup. I know he plays this course well but I just have a feeling his head isn't on straight right now.

Natalie Gulbis will do that to you! :alien:

Natalie Gulbis will do that to you! :alien:

Of course according to him that never took place...

My team is VERY random this time. I have Tiger because I feel like you have to pick him this time but other than that my team is totally random.

I went with everyone on my squad that I just think is better than the rest. My team is full of big names, no sleepers, well, maybe a couple. So what about this Vegas kid? Anyone think he may carry form over into this event?

I went with everyone on my squad that I just think is better than the rest. My team is full of big names, no sleepers, well, maybe a couple. So what about this Vegas kid? Anyone think he may carry form over into this event?

It's been 2 weeks of solid golf and his win just gives him more confidence... might be a guy to watch out for. I'm weary of picking him because the odds of a rookie repeating aren't that great, but he's got game.

Well, here we go, the first Tigerless team

Rickie Fowler
Boo Weekley
Dustin Johnson
Anthony Kim
Hunter Mahan
Phil Mickelson
Bubba Watson
Justin Rose
Charlie Wi
Camilo Villegas

My (Tiger Woodsless) Team BulldogsGolfPros is picked:
David Duval
Nick Watney
Rickie Fowler
Hunter Mahan
Dustin Johnson
Steve Marino
Phil Mickelson
Ryuji Imada
Webb Simpson
Justin Rose

Last edited:

I don't ever pick the person who won the week before. Just because they had success on one course doesn't mean they will anywhere else. Look at the last few years' leaderboards....

Interesting, seems like a pretty big gamble not picking TW....

he has to stop calling himself "Jonathan" and go with "Johnny", Johnny Vegas is such a cool name...

he has to stop calling himself "Jonathan" and go with "Johnny", Johnny Vegas is such a cool name...

oh and he has to move to Vegas...

Interesting, seems like a pretty big gamble not picking TW....

He's gotta win to earn my trust back into my lineup. Or atleast several top 10s. IDK about RoninThornton, but that's my approach...

Back