THP Match Play 2011 - Want to be a Tour Player?

Status
Not open for further replies.

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
THP Match Play Challenge​

Ever wanted to be a tour player? THP is going to give that opportunity to 16 golfers.​

The Hackers Paradise will be holding an event that is like none other before it. A weekend of competitive golf where golfers will get a tour like experience and be a part of a team and staff like most have dreamed of for years.

Match Play Team Event
Sixteen golfers will have the ability to compete in this weekend event and there will be two teams of 8. Each team will be complete with a team captain that will become the center piece for each roster. It will be their job to set lineups, make changes and work with their teammates to come up with the winning formula. Teams will compete in 3 rounds of golf over 2 full days.

Tour Experience
Each golfer that competes will be "sponsored" by THP in conjunction with a major OEM for the weekend of golf. The competing golfers will "sign" on with THP (in conjunction with a major OEM) for the weekend and will be sponsored in full. Their contract is made up with things SUCH as this:

Staff Bag
Hat and/or Visor
14 clubs
Full scripted apparel
Footwear
Golf Ball
Accessories

On top of being part of a brand for the competition, competing golfers will also cut promos for video, have signage, talk with "media" about the items and brand they represent and more

Video & Scoring
On the home page of THP during the event, there will be both video and scoring updates during the weekend. You will see player interviews, company testimonials, and actual on the course gameplay taking place before your eyes. There will also be a scoring feature where you will be able to follow along with the matches and see who is playing and what team is coming out on top.

Stay tuned for more. Next week we will the rest of the details up and of course how to sign up for those eligible.

EDIT: More Details

When & Where
Friday, August 19 - Sunday, August 21, 2011
Orlando, FL

The Courses
Reunion Resort is the only destination in the world to boast three Signature golf courses designed by legends Palmer, Nicklaus and Watson. Combining the beauty of their natural landscaping with unique and challenging layouts, these courses have won numerous awards and followers over the years. www.reunionresort.com

The Companies
Callaway Golf and TaylorMade/adidas/Ashworth Golf will be sponsoring this event and each company will have 8 golfers that they are sponsoring through their THP partnership. This is not team Callaway vs team TaylorMade, as both teams will have four "staffers" on each roster.

Each company is thrilled and delighted to be working with both THP and their new weekend staff and we cannot thank them enough for being involved.

The Cup
THP wants to make this a special event and we believe we have something incredible on our hands here. With the assistance of some influential people, we have decided to name this THE INAUGURAL MORGAN CUP. It is named after the founder of THP and it is something that we think will stick throughout both promotion and the future. There will be trophies and a logo that match this exciting event and the name is completely universal.

STAY TUNED TO THP FOR THE OFFICIAL ANNOUNCEMENT COMING LATER THIS WEEK!

All questions will be answered at that point.

Last edited:
This will be awesome, and I will take part!

I'm looking to be THP's version of #12 in the Ryder Cup.......C'MON!!!!

Great great idea!! Good luck to the participants

This sounds like fun... Team Canada ftw!

Dang I wish I could go. Looking forward to the video though.

• Admin
Before people eliminate themselves from going or jumping in, we STRONGLY urge people to see what comes out about this one over the next few weeks.

Before people eliminate themselves from going or jumping in, we STRONGLY urge people to see what comes out about this one over the next few weeks.

Saweet! Just so long as I get you on singles Sunday buddy!

Awesome. This sounds like a hell of a good time.

Very cool idea. I took part in a similar event called the Dixie Cup which was put on by golfclubatlas.com a couple of years ago, although in that event we did a North vs. South format.

I'd love to participate in this one if the opportunity presented itself.

Very cool idea. I took part in a similar event called the Dixie Cup which was put on by golfclubatlas.com a couple of years ago, although in that event we did a North vs. South format.

I'd love to participate in this one if the opportunity presented itself.

Match Play challenge or live video to the web? If its the latter, do you have a link to where it was shown, curious how they did theirs.

Littlepingman
"Handicap: Scratch"

I call dibs.

This sounds totally, 150% awesome!! I'd love to participate! This would be an awesome way to spend some of my vast amounts of vacation time! I can't wait to hear more about it!!

Match Play challenge or live video to the web? If its the latter, do you have a link to where it was shown, curious how they did theirs.

This was actually a match play team event done in a Ryder Cup format over three days on three different golf courses.

Sounds like a blast. Can't wait to hear more details!

This was actually a match play team event done in a Ryder Cup format over three days on three different golf courses.

Gotcha, thanks, so it wasnt broadcast on the web, just was similar. Cool, sounds like it would have been fun.

And just as I was trying to figure out what to do for a fall golf vacation...

Looking forward to hearing the details!

Gotcha, thanks, so it wasnt broadcast on the web, just was similar. Cool, sounds like it would have been fun.

No web broadcast. This idea sounds very intriguing and I look forward to the details.

just please not the weekend of my wedding!

Looking forward to the details and hope I can attend

wowsers. Sounds awesome

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back