My Frogger Experience

Cali Hacker

Reaction score
My wife bought me a Frogger golf towel for Christmas and my honest opinion is I love it. One thing I didn't like however is the way it started falling apart after two rounds. The whole premise behind this towel is that you wet the inside of it while keeping the outside dry. As I said I love it , clean clubs 1 towel dry hands. The reason mine fell apart is after I would wet down the inside it would get a little heavy and the little loops used to hang it from my bag began to come apart one of them shredding completely. Oh well stuff happens maybe I got a bad one. Time to see if Frogger is going to stand behind it's product. My wife sends an email and is instructed to give their customer service department a call. Unfortunately the lady she gets on the phone was having a bad day and started to argue with my wife stating that the check she wrote was thirty cents short and that she needed to pay up. The only issue with that is who the hell writes a check when placing an online order?? We sure didn't I used a credit card, obviously this lady on the phone had our order confused with another. So end result after being placed on hold for ten minutes is they did me a big favor and I get to pay shipping to send the towel back so I can get a replacement. Frogger I like the product but probably the last I will order. Thanks THP for letting me rant I feel better now.

From what I've read, this is not surprising. Sorry to hear. Check out Spotless.

From what I've read, this is not surprising. Sorry to hear. Check out Spotless.

I thought JB said the Frogger towel and equipment were great and performed how they were supposed to. I thought it was the Costumer service that brought them down so much.

EDIT- kind of read the OP wrong.

I thought JB said the Frogger towel and equipment were great and performed how they were supposed to. I thought it was the Costumer service that brought them down so much.

I said that I though the gear worked well for me in the time I had it (limited to the review period) but that I had MAJOR issues with the company.

My wife bought me a Frogger golf towel for Christmas and my honest opinion is I love it. One thing I didn't like however is the way it started falling apart after two rounds. The whole premise behind this towel is that you wet the inside of it while keeping the outside dry. As I said I love it , clean clubs 1 towel dry hands. The reason mine fell apart is after I would wet down the inside it would get a little heavy and the little loops used to hang it from my bag began to come apart one of them shredding completely. Oh well stuff happens maybe I got a bad one. Time to see if Frogger is going to stand behind it's product. My wife sends an email and is instructed to give their customer service department a call. Unfortunately the lady she gets on the phone was having a bad day and started to argue with my wife stating that the check she wrote was thirty cents short and that she needed to pay up. The only issue with that is who the hell writes a check when placing an online order?? We sure didn't I used a credit card, obviously this lady on the phone had our order confused with another. So end result after being placed on hold for ten minutes is they did me a big favor and I get to pay shipping to send the towel back so I can get a replacement. Frogger I like the product but probably the last I will order. Thanks THP for letting me rant I feel better now.

Sorry to hear that man. I have had my Frogger for a year now and have had no problems and love the product. Everything I have heard about their customer service has been terrible but as I have not had to deal with them I am happy for now.

If the replacement only lasts 2 rounds also, it doesn't seem that you need to mess with them any more, you will go broke on shipping cost and still have a crappy 2 round towel every time you get another.

Sorry to hear that man. I have had my Frogger for a year now and have had no problems and love the product. Everything I have heard about their customer service has been terrible but as I have not had to deal with them I am happy for now.

That's the drag... I like the towel I just don't like to give money or support to companies that don't understand how important and inexpensive a little courtesy is..

If the replacement only lasts 2 rounds also, it doesn't seem that you need to mess with them any more, you will go broke on shipping cost and still have a crappy 2 round towel every time you get another.

LOL!!!

I've never been a fan of frogs and my wife hates them with a passion. Sounds like a good product to avoid. :)

the Spotless is the best I have ever used!!

It kills me that companies don't see this either. Sorry to hear about your experience with that company. Seems to be the norm with them.

That's the drag... I like the towel I just don't like to give money or support to companies that don't understand how important and inexpensive a little courtesy is..

Don't overlook customer service from your credit card, it's an often overlooked resource that you pay for already via rates and/or fees. Some have great CS (particularly AMEX). I was having a horrible situation with SkyCaddie years back and they cut through the BS quickly and got me a new unit when they were telling me I was out of luck. I would think they can at least arrange for a replacement without having to return the defective one...

oh well
it just makes me glad I just use dish towells I picked up at Dollar General

It depends on which VISA/Mastercard benefits he is entitled too. The platinum benefits usually have more included in the way of buyer protection. AMEX is great for how they treat their customers but they are different in the sense they are the bank and association. If he used his VISA/Mastercard he would have to go through VISA/Mastercard and not the bank because unless it falls into the fraud/defective/disputed merchandise categories the banks can't do much themselves.

Don't overlook customer service from your credit card, it's an often overlooked resource that you pay for already via rates and/or fees. Some have great CS (particularly AMEX). I was having a horrible situation with SkyCaddie years back and they cut through the BS quickly and got me a new unit when they were telling me I was out of luck. I would think they can at least arrange for a replacement without having to return the defective one...

It depends on which VISA/Mastercard benefits he is entitled too. The platinum benefits usually have more included in the way of buyer protection. AMEX is great for how they treat their customers but they are different in the sense they are the bank and association. If he used his VISA/Mastercard he would have to go through VISA/Mastercard and not the bank because unless it falls into the fraud/defective/disputed merchandise categories the banks can't do much themselves.

regardless its an option and a free call...

Right but it's good to know where to call.

I always start with the number on the back of the card, they can always direct you somewhere else if thats not the proper place...

Haha, one of these types of convos. Some banks will direct you and others wont. Just the way it goes but if he knows where to go from the start, that would be even better. All I was doing was giving him a heads up, not arguing with you. In fact I was agreeing with you. He is already getting a headache with Frogger why would I not give him more info on the credit card side so he could avoid more runaround? Worked in the industry for a long time, thought I'd share lol.

I always start with the number on the back of the card, they can always direct you somewhere else if thats not the proper place...

Haha, one of these types of convos. Some banks will direct you and others wont. Just the way it goes but if he knows where to go from the start, that would be even better. All I was doing was giving him a heads up, not arguing with you. In fact I was agreeing with you. He is already getting a headache with Frogger why would I not give him more info on the credit card side so he could avoid more runaround? Worked in the industry for a long time, thought I'd share lol.

Tapping out...

I have purchased the frogger brush twice and have had issues with the clips that attach it to the bag (both broke). Never again!

Back