Weekend of Jan 31-Feb 1st

Smallville

#ICanHitADraw
Reaction score
Handicap
In Flux
Rockgolfer does this every week to see what everyone's golf plans are for the weekend. Maybe it might catch on here.

Jacqui and I are going to go to the range Saturday afternoon. We're still not comfortable leaving for the amount of time it would take to play a full round so we're just going to do this for now. It's going to be really windy anyway.

Looks like I may be going out on Monday. Hope this nice weather keeps up!

I might go to the driving range tomorrow or Sunday afternoon. Theres a driving range about 30 minutes north of here that is heated, so I might hit that up.
Im going snowmobiling tomorrow with my brother and a couple friends and depending upon when we get back tomorrow I may go and if I dont go tomorrow I will probably go on Sunday after I get done helping out with my snowmobile club's fundraiser breakfast.

I've got a sidejob in the morning, then I'll either play 9, or spend a few hours at the range. Sunday, I plan to sleep in, then go watch the Super Bowl. I've got a putter project that my old man's involved in with me that we need to tinker with as well.

I'm planning to hit the range again on Saturday. Might trek up to Baytree National and try out their practice facility, it sounds fairly impressive with a 5,000 sq ft putting green, 3,000 sq ft chipping green, and 10 acre driving range with 6 target greens and laser link (whatever that is). Beats the muni driving range where I can't even see the balls land most of the time.

Im going to ride my motorcycle tomorrow morning, then if I have the time ill hit the range after. If all goes as planned ill play on Sunday then watch the game.

I don't have much time for golf this weekend...I will be;

Cleaning Clubs
Regripping 60* Wedge
Regripping my back-up putter
Contemplating installing my Graffaloy Axis in my Driver

Had a good session at the range, even though the wind was terrible today. Picked up a tip from a guy there and started hitting the ball a lot more consistently, then went over to the chipping green. I think I need to work on putting more spin on the 54* ARC, the ball was running across the green constantly.

Today (31st), I worked out this morning. Went to the course around 1:00pm to practice. Spent about 1 hour on the putting green performing my various drills (spoke, ladder, and lags). Next, I moved onto the chipping green and practiced chips from various distances and lies (spent about a hour there). Then, I practiced sand shots (10, 20, & 30 yards) for about a hour. Finally, I went to the range and hit 120 + balls working through my bag. I started with a wedge and irons. I worked primarily on my fairway woods and driver today. Hit them very well. I finished on the range after about 1 1/2 hours. Dark caught me.

Will practice for about an 1-2 hours on Sunday after church. Then will probably play 9 holes, so I can work on differnt type of shots. The only thing that I don't like about hitting on the range is you always have the same type of lie. My home course never has a flat level lie. So, I try and practice on the course at least 3-4 times per week.

After practice and play, I will go and meet my friends at the sports bar and watch the Super Bowl.

I wanted to go to the range today, but Winds were up to about 65 KMH. It would be a range session where I really wanna see my ball flight, so the wind wouldnt make it very fun.

It's really windy here too (not as bad as you have it Dent!) so we passed on the range today as well.

It's really windy here too (not as bad as you have it Dent!) so we passed on the range today as well.

The temperature is still really nice, and surprisingly the wind doesn't affect it at all, but Now that I've been to the range a couple of times I'm going there now for more technical aspects instead of for the sake of hitting balls.

Well, I ended up going to the driving range this afternoon. It was about 38* today, which was just about perfect.
I got the chance to try out my new driver and I like it.
It was so nice to the chance to hit some golfballs and to work on my swing a bit. I think I found the problem with my tee shots.
I think Ive been going to the inside on my backswing, which was causing me to go over the top and hit a slice.
I focused on going straight back with the clubhead and I was hitting much straighter shots.
I went from hitting shots the sliced 50 yards to hitting shots that went maybe 10-20 yards to the right of my target.
Toward the end, I started focusing on not going to the inside on my backswing and just swinging easy and I started hitting draws that went about 225 yards.
All in all, Im happy. Now I just need to ingrain that swing so that I can hit those shots on a more consistent basis.
If I can start hitting shots that are 200-225 yards on in the fairway, I should be able to shoot much better scores.

So Bake, what did you think of Vitense? I was there last night with my family & we played mini golf...I always use my own putter & a nice new pro v1.

So Bake, what did you think of Vitense? I was there last night with my family & we played mini golf...I always use my own putter & a nice new pro v1.
Its a pretty nice place. I felt kinda old because almost everyone there looked like they were in highschool, but Im definetly going to be there on a regular basis during the winter months.

Its a pretty nice place. I felt kinda old because almost everyone there looked like they were in highschool, but Im definetly going to be there on a regular basis during the winter months.

The crowd varies, typically early sunday mornings it's more of us old farts...40+, then the younger kids start coming in after their parents get done with church.

I'll probably start going there early on Sunday mornings. I didnt go until about 12:30 this afternoon because I was working at my snowmobile club's fundraiser breakfast.
I really didnt mind being around those kids all that much (they didnt hassle me or anything and everyone who was there seemed really nice), it just makes me feel old to be around highschool kids.
Im creeping up on my 30th birthday (I'll be 29 in May...eeek!), so I feel old as-is.
If you ever see me there, Im pretty easy to spot. Ive got a red and blue Titleist stand bag with all Mizuno clubs, have red hair and I'll be wearing either a Mizuno or Bridgestone Golf baseball cap.

You are still very young, my oldest daughter will be 28 this year & my youngest will be 25.

And I really don't know what the crowd is like after about 11:00 am or so since I am always gone by then. I have never had any issues with anyone there, people pretty much keep to themselves & work on their own thing.

They have a par 3 course which is nothing great, it's ok to work on your irons & thats about it. Every tee box is a mat & the greens aren't worth putting on.

If you ever see me there, Im pretty easy to spot. Ive got a red and blue Titleist stand bag with all Mizuno clubs, have red hair and I'll be wearing either a Mizuno or Bridgestone Golf baseball cap.

I'm easy to spot, walker with an oxygen tank.

nah, just kidding. My pic is on this site somewhere. Have a red & white TM stand bag & try to have 2-3 stalls on each side of me open.

They have a par 3 course which is nothing great, it's ok to work on your irons & thats about it. Every tee box is a mat & the greens aren't worth putting on.

We had a par 3 course like that here in KC. You just putt off the mat onto some flat area and don't count your shot. You only have to do that in view of the clubhouse. Other holes, just tee off off of the mats.

Back