Wildhorse Golf Club, Gothenburg Nebraska

DonW

Reaction score
Handicap
teens
Anyone played this course? There are some internet sites that claim one of the best in the state, but have been let down in the past by commercial golf sites. 90 miles from my cousins house, is it worth setting up a get together with my cousins?

Where's your cousin live? I think I'm not much further away from there that that. I've not played it yet, but have buddies who claim its very nice. More like a dunes setup, its in the Nebraska sandhills. I also just heard they have been able to play off and on during the winter this year.

Posted from my BlackBerry using BerryBlab

He lives in Oshkosh, west of North Platte. He claims he can play on any given day of the year, their local course technically closes for winter but he has the run of the place as I've played with him in the off season several times.

He lives in Oshkosh, west of North Platte. He claims he can play on any given day of the year, their local course technically closes for winter but he has the run of the place as I've played with him in the off season several times.

Yeah, I've been told there's some area's over that way that get's very little snow compared to the rest of us. Fronts comeing down and across have a habit of missing there. Our snow's about gone but the course is saturated, even standing water right now. North Platte is West and North of me maybe 2 hours.

I've also heard some good things about this course, it is on my to do list this year!

It would also be nice to play at the Prairie Club in Valentine, looks pretty pricey for me though, haha.

A buddy of mine just played Wildhorse last fall for the first time and was really excited about it He said it's a dunes type course with nothing to block the wind, but layed out very nicely. He said it's just East of North Platte, so right about 2 hours from me. We hope to make it towards the first of April.

I would love to one day try this course of Sandhills. One day. Can't wait to see pics and a review if you play it.

I would love to one day try this course of Sandhills. One day. Can't wait to see pics and a review if you play it.

I'll take plenty when I get over there. Hope you get to make it out yourself.

Thanks. Maybe a spring break trip next year when I can drive. They're beautiful from what I have seen.

I've never been that far west, so I'm ready to go. I go East all the time to Omaha or further, but seldom any where West. There's a bunch of us meeting in Denver this spring for a few rounds.

Anyone played this course? I'm driving to Oregon in June and this one is in my sights if anyone can give me info about it. I'm interested in two things mostly, conditioning and is it fun to play?

I've played Wildhorse many times. It is a great links style course with some of the fastest greens you can imagine. It was built by the same construction company that built the Sandhills. Though it is not the Sandhills by any stretch, it is a very good golf experience. There is a reason the Sandhills is in the top 5 golf courses in the U.S.

I play at Heritage Hills which is in McCook, Nebraska about 1.5 hours southwest of Wildhorse. My course is the first links style sandhill layout in the State and was originally in the top 75 US public courses when first built. Let me know when you are planning to make the trip to Wildhorse and I will try to make it up there to join you.

If any of you guys go there rake me some pics of Gothenburg. Most of my younger years i lived there. Interested in how it looks now.

Likewise, let me know when you are coming up, I'll try to get time off. This course is about 2 1/2 hours from me, but worth the drive. I wouldn't call it beautiful, just a great layout.

I've played Wildhorse many times. It is a great links style course with some of the fastest greens you can imagine. It was built by the same construction company that built the Sandhills. Though it is not the Sandhills by any stretch, it is a very good golf experience. There is a reason the Sandhills is in the top 5 golf courses in the U.S.

I play at Heritage Hills which is in McCook, Nebraska about 1.5 hours southwest of Wildhorse. My course is the first links style sandhill layout in the State and was originally in the top 75 US public courses when first built. Let me know when you are planning to make the trip to Wildhorse and I will try to make it up there to join you.

I am planning on being in town on the night of June 4 and possibly play Wild Horse the next morning, June 5, before heading on Westward and would love to have company.

Likewise, let me know when you are coming up, I'll try to get time off. This course is about 2 1/2 hours from me, but worth the drive. I wouldn't call it beautiful, just a great layout.

That would be terrific.

Dang if that was in the middle of the week I'd definitely come

~Joseph~
Via Tapatalk

I am planning on being in town on the night of June 4 and possibly play Wild Horse the next morning, June 5, before heading on Westward and would love to have company.

That may be too quick after getting back from this trip I'm on now, but I'll try to get it off.

If you are looking for another decent play, Bayside might work.

That may be too quick after getting back from this trip I'm on now, but I'll try to get it off.

It would be great if you can swing it.

If you are looking for another decent play, Bayside might work.

Thanks, I will keep it in mind and had looked at that possibility. I haven't called Wild Horse if it doesn't work, will look at others. Better give them a call tomorrow. I was torn between playing Quarry Oaks again or trying somewhere new. I really like Quarry Oaks in the eastern part of the state, it is a dandy.

For the next course after Wild Horse, do you know anything about Redlands Mesa in Grand Junction CO?

It would be great if you can swing it.

Thanks, I will keep it in mind and had looked at that possibility. I haven't called Wild Horse if it doesn't work, will look at others. Better give them a call tomorrow. I was torn between playing Quarry Oaks again or trying somewhere new. I really like Quarry Oaks in the eastern part of the state, it is a dandy.

For the next course after Wild Horse, do you know anything about Redlands Mesa in Grand Junction CO?

Not from experience, besides it's one I'd like to play sometime in the future. I've made it to Denver & St. George a couple times, but nothing in the middle.

I called the course and have the 8:00 am tee time in my name, Don Gray, for Wednesday, June 5. If you can join me, let me know and also call the course and add your name to the tee time (no cost.) The lady said she would put a note on the tee sheet. It would be terrific to tee it up with you guys!

Bump, heading out.

Back