Esox

Reaction score
Handicap
My daughter spilled a glass of water on her iPod and now it won't start up. I told if she made five 12 footers in a row on the Big Moss I would buy her a new one. She only made three. I probably will still buy her a new one.

Kevin

Last edited:
Dude, I hate that for JL. At least a new one is on the way!

Hair dryer can work
Putting it in rice can work

Neither are guaranteed, but if done in a timely manner, it is possible to reclaim the old one.

Hair dryer can work

Neither are guaranteed, but if done in a timely manner, it is possible to reclaim the old one.

+1 on the rice, I put my phone in rice after jumping into a hot tub and it worked after that.

Hair dryer can work

We're trying stuff. Apple does not make these things to be fixed if something happens to them. This one is two years old, too. 2nd generation, the new ones are 4th generation.

Kevin

Sorry to hear it Kevin, sounds like bad news.

Rice definitely works

cooked rice? never heard that before. Will remember it next time I go swimming with my phone.

cooked rice? never heard that before. Will remember it next time I go swimming with my phone.

No, dry rice. Was going to suggest rice, but many beat me to it.

cooked rice?

We're going to try uncooked. Might be a bit more absorbent. LOL.

It's bagged in the rice. We'll see tomorrow. I'm just glad all the music and apps are also on the computer.

Kevin

It's bagged in the rice. We'll see tomorrow. I'm just glad all the music and apps are also on the computer.

Kevin

The iTunes backups rock. I've used them quite a bit on both my iPhones!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My iPod Touch got water damage once and I don't even know how. But they definitely won't help you out with that, you just have to buy a new one. At least the new ones are super nice!

I wouldn't turn it on for a day or two, the longer the circuit boards have to dry off the better!

Kevin

Best of luck Kvin.
My iphone survived a drop in a deep puddle due to uncooked rice. I left it under a heat lamp and in the bag of rice for about 2 days and it turned right on. Sorry to hear that the putting performance didn't go as planned, though it certainly would provide her lots of motivation to keep improving. Maybe make it 10 and don't put a time limit on it, whenever she thinks she has 10 in her she can grab you and show off?

I wouldn't turn it on for a day or two, the longer the circuit boards have to dry off the better!

+1, it's better to be safe than sorry.

Show it a stack of Benjamins to let it know that it can be replaced, it will either scare it into working or you can use the said dollas to replace it like an OEM Kevin golf club.

Seriously though, I have always used dry white rice as many have already said. I think cooked rice would only compound the problem.

Hair dryer can work

I have seen the rice trick work on numerous friend's call phones. It might work on the the ipod.

Hair dryer can work

I have also been told to wrap it in a towel and put it in the oven...for a phone put it in an oven mitt, but it would take a big mit for an IPAD. anyway, I have been told you can bake it for a bit and it will dry out

I have also been told to wrap it in a towel and put it in the oven...for a phone put it in an oven mitt, but it would take a big mit for an IPAD. anyway, I have been told you can bake it for a bit and it will dry out

id be careful with temp - id think 200 F would be a max. But i really have no idea -

Kitty Litter works very well. You have to turn it off right when it gets wet and then place it in the kitty litter or rice. Leave it off and in there for a couple days. I would avoid heat for sure. The heat mixed with any moisture would be trouble.

The best thing to use on ipods and cell phones and other items like this is the little bags of dessicant that you get in all kinds of products.
Or you can go to a hobby shop and buy the stuff they use to dry flowers in. Put the stuff in a ladies stocking and then put the ipod and the dessicant in a big ziplock bag. This will dry out anything in 24 hours. I have saved our company thousands of dollars on wet cell phones and Blackberry's over the last few years with this technique. If you only have the little bags, you will need 2 or 3 of them.
If it doesn't work after that, then the unit is ruined.
Rice and kitty litter has a tendency to get into the unit which can cause more problems down the road.
Rice sounds like a good idea, but it flakes and kitty litter is usually just clay and has the same problem.

Back