Re-gripping a putter?

palten08

Reaction score
Handicap
I have a Taylormade Rossa Daytona putter, and the grip is getting kind of dull on it. For the longest time I wasn't sure if they sold replacement grips for putters, especially the style that already comes with those putters. Can anyone enlighten me on this?

You can get putter grips at any Dicks, or Golfsmith.
You'll have a better chance of getting the same style of grip that came with the putter on eBay.

Go into any golf shop (even Golf Galaxy can help here) and try out some different grips to see which one feels best. If you like the standard Taylor Made grip, some sho[s will even sell those. Regripping a putter is pretty simple and Golfsmith might actually have a tutorial on their site. I just regripped my Rossa Monza with one of the WIDE oversize grips (ala KJ Choi) and have actually seen my putting stroke get smoother and calmer.

I'd blow on a gripmaster or an iomic. Those are my favorite by far.

Thanks for the input guys. I've gotten irons regripped before but I wasn't sure you could do the same with putters as well.

Go to a Golfsmith, Golf Galaxy...I would recommend iomic grips...fantastic.

I too recommend the Iomic grip. Just make sure it gets put on squarely, otherwise you will compensate with your stroke (not a good thing).

If I get it re-gripped I probably won't be doing it myself, I'd rather pay and have it done professionally than do it myself and mess it up.

Back