My 910 D2/D3 fitting results

yahtzee

Novice
Reaction score
Went to GG today and worked with the pro for a driver fitting. Have tried all of the new TM offerings and nothing really worked. My buddy has a 910D3 with V2 shaft in it and I have hit it a lot recently. Really felt nice so I went in for a Titleist-only fitting so I could focus on the many variations in shaft/heads. I tried:

D2 9.5 with Ahina, Kai'Li, PX and RIP as well as the D3 9.5 with the same shafts. I also took in my Superfast TP 2.0 to ensure that it was a true comparison to ball flight characteristics....one thing I found out quickly was that my SFTP (even with a 10.5 loft was flying low....around 10* launch). After trying the D3 I realized that my spin was lowered with the RIP but compared to the D2 my deviation was more inconsistent with the D3. Realizing that I needed loft, I moved to the 10.5 head in the D2 (set to C3) and narrowed it down to the Kai'li and the RIP but the RIP won hands down. Final winning numbers were like this:

• 104 club speed
  • 143 ball speed
  • 15* launch angle
  • 2450 spin
  • total distance was 272 on average.
  • Misses (if you call them that) were 3-5 yds left of center.

I'll take that all day long. Talked to my normal golf source up in DC and he actually had the D2 RIP combo in stock...amazing. Will be here tomorrow.

Ultimately it came down to having a higher lofted, more forgiving head with the lower spinning shaft in the RIP. Excited to get it and get out on the course.

Awesome. I'm glad you found what works for you!!

Good distance for that club head speed. Hope you hit it well on the course.

Awesome! Glad you found something that works, and you've got the numbers to prove it! :D

I gave the D3 a go for a while, and I quite liked it with the RIP in. It was just edged out unfortunately, cos it's a nice looking stick!

Went to GG today and worked with the pro for a driver fitting. Have tried all of the new TM offerings and nothing really worked. My buddy has a 910D3 with V2 shaft in it and I have hit it a lot recently. Really felt nice so I went in for a Titleist-only fitting so I could focus on the many variations in shaft/heads. I tried:

D2 9.5 with Ahina, Kai'Li, PX and RIP as well as the D3 9.5 with the same shafts. I also took in my Superfast TP 2.0 to ensure that it was a true comparison to ball flight characteristics....one thing I found out quickly was that my SFTP (even with a 10.5 loft was flying low....around 10* launch). After trying the D3 I realized that my spin was lowered with the RIP but compared to the D2 my deviation was more inconsistent with the D3. Realizing that I needed loft, I moved to the 10.5 head in the D2 (set to C3) and narrowed it down to the Kai'li and the RIP but the RIP won hands down. Final winning numbers were like this:

• 104 club speed
  • 143 ball speed
  • 15* launch angle
  • 2450 spin
  • total distance was 272 on average.
  • Misses (if you call them that) were 3-5 yds left of center.

I'll take that all day long. Talked to my normal golf source up in DC and he actually had the D2 RIP combo in stock...amazing. Will be here tomorrow.

Ultimately it came down to having a higher lofted, more forgiving head with the lower spinning shaft in the RIP. Excited to get it and get out on the course.

Launch Monitor stories always end so well.
Congrats! post some pics when you get a chance

Congrats, sounds like you will be set driver wise for awhile

congrats

The 910 D2 with the RIP shaft was my #2 choice for drivers. Outstanding club and I could sure knock the heck out of it. (280+ consistantly) Felt like the ball exploded off the face.

It was accurate but not quite as much as the G15 for me and I was getting comparable distances with it. NTM it was also 100 bucks cheaper :D

Do you have any idea what the carry distance was compared to total distance?

Congrats man! I too love the RIP shaft. That thing is just a beast of a shaft!

Keep us posted!

How much did the driver fitting run you?

I dont think they would have charged me at all as I frequent the shop regularly (in fact, the manager introduced me to a new hire today)...I volunteered to pay the $29.99 as I knew I wouldnt be buying the club from them.

if I recall, it was 255-260ish.

Wow. That is awesome. Incredible distance from that ball speed. Glad you found your driver and keep us updated.

Well done on both ends, good luck with the new stick!

Great results. Where you hitting a specific ball or just the random net balls they have in the bays for testing?

Back