Sorenstam: 'I'm not using the 'R' word'

Smallville

#ICanHitADraw
Reaction score
Handicap
In Flux
As she says "if I come back in a few years" - leaves room for speculation. Here's my guess: She may not be completely healed from the neck/vertebrae difficulties that she's suffered from. I was able to see her at the Samsung earlier this month, and while the swing/form/talent were all still there, she exhibited an upper body stiffness that I hadn't seen this year. It didn't show at Kingsmill, and I didn't see it at the Safeway Classic in Portland, Oregon. :confused2:

Without even reading that interview, I've had the impression for a little while that Annika is hedging her bets & that she's adopting a "wait & see" position.

Agreed. She's made it clear her biological clock is ticking. It takes a couple of years to come back after a baby. Both Laura Diaz and Leta Lindley had babies two years ago and had lousy 2007s (but better 2008s). So of course Annika's leaving her options open.

Without even reading that interview, I've had the impression for a little while that Annika is hedging her bets & that she's adopting a "wait & see" position.

Yeah maybe but great avatar!

Yeah maybe but great avatar!

Thanks. It's my kryptonite - turns me from man of steel to dribbling mess. :hypnotized: The eighth wonder without a doubt.

Back