Prettiest Swing on PGA Tour

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Who do you think has the nicest looking golf swing on tour? Current players only.

Freddie Couple and Sergio Garcia... pretty for sure

Ernie Els even though he has hit a bit of a rough patch for the past few years his swing is still so sweeeettt.

Ernie Els even though he has hit a bit of a rough patch for the past few years his swing is still so sweeeettt.

That's a good one...

Couples and Els. So smooth and effortless.

I like Immelman's swing.

• Admin
I like Immelman's swing.
I never thought much of them until we were able to sit about 3 feet from him when he was swinging as you can see by the videos and the pictures. His swing is awesome.

I never thought much of them until we were able to sit about 3 feet from him when he was swinging as you can see by the videos and the pictures. His swing is awesome.

+1

he is pretty smooth! I would like to see his SS stats because it doesnt look like he puts all that much behind the ball. He's a pretty short and slender guy

The three that came to mind before I opened the thread:
  • Fred Couples
  • Ernie Els
  • Davis Love III

Sergio Garcia
Anthony Kim
Tiger Woods

Charles Howell III
Els smooth as silk

Couples and Els. So smooth and effortless.

Ditto

Charles Howell III
Els smooth as silk

I didn't think anyone else would mention CH3. I wouldn't describe his swing as "pretty", but it does looks like he's an Iron Byron - it's just technically perfect. I can't figure out why he can't win. (But I'm not really a fan of CH3, so it never bothered me too much.)

I vote Els.

Rory McIlroy has a pretty sweet swing. Very natural.
[YOUTUBE]QMc_bWy8IkQ[/YOUTUBE]

Ditto

I didn't think anyone else would mention CH3. I wouldn't describe his swing as "pretty", but it does looks like he's an Iron Byron - it's just technically perfect. I can't figure out why he can't win. (But I'm not really a fan of CH3, so it never bothered me too much.)

Iron Byron is a perfect description and I would agree as well not pretty but it is as sound as it gets. Good question why he can't win but maybe being perfect in a non perfect game is a bad combination. There are many PGA HOFer's who certainly had less then pretty or perfrct swings. I know my Swing Coach does not believe in the perfect swing...he has to he works with me.

Sergio Garcia
Anthony Kim
Tiger Woods

those are my votes too, and also dlIII

in order:
1. Sergio
2. Tiger
3. AK
4. DLIII

i really love ak's hip movement, tiger and sergio both get after it really hard, and dlII just has that natural smooth yet powerful swing

those are my votes too, and also dlIII

in order:
1. Sergio
2. Tiger
3. AK
4. DLIII

i really love ak's hip movement, tiger and sergio both get after it really hard, and dlII just has that natural smooth yet powerful swing

AK's swing looks very simple. It is compact and very poweful.

Is it the swing you like or the person making the swing :wink:

Column A...but if you want to throw in a bit of Column B, I won't complain. :angel:

Seriously though, I do watch his swing, it's the one I keep in mind and try to emulate. My most effective swing thought came from him, and has been: "wind up top down, unwind bottom up." (If that doesn't make sense I can explain it more.)

explain it more i am interested

Id have to vote for Fred Couples and Davis Love III. Both have such smooth, effortless swings.

Back